Schurrle signing confirmed; will wear #14

though his art of speaking is kinda harsh, he is right. schürrle is an inside-forward, not a winger...he aint crossing or something and not running trough the line. he has stamina, pace, speed, technique, a very good shot, is quite creative too. but he aint no "winger" as maybe Valencia is or A. Young.

Somebody that understands.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

though his art of speaking is kinda harsh, he is right. schürrle is an inside-forward, not a winger...he aint crossing or something and not running trough the line. he has stamina, pace, speed, technique, a very good shot, is quite creative too. but he aint no "winger" as maybe Valencia is or A. Young.

I don't think so. He categorically called him a striker. Hazard has stamina, pace, speed, technique and creativity (Schurrle doesn't have a very good shot IMO. Most shots in the Bundesliga this season, barely any goals) but he's not a forward, striker or inside-forward.

Schurrle is an unorthodox winger IMO.

Man are u really not gonna listen. Schurrle can play as a striker.

But he's not a striker and you said he is. Any player can play as a striker. I'm sure Luiz could play as a striker. But that doesn't mean he should or it should be considered an option.

Schurrle would not be bought to be played as a striker. Bayer don't play him as a striker. Germany don't play him as a striker. Because he isn't a striker.

He has some of the worst finishing I've witnessed this decade I think so really shouldn't be considered for such a role.

I don't think so. He categorically called him a striker. Hazard has stamina, pace, speed, technique and creativity (Schurrle doesn't have a very good shot IMO. Most shots in the Bundesliga this season, barely any goals) but he's not a forward, striker or inside-forward.

he is an inside-forward. when he gets the ball, he goes inside and shoots/passes. what more can you do, to be a inside-forward?! its ilke saying robben is an unorthodox winger :P: but at all, its just playing with names positions. his playing style is schürely more to get inside, instead to stay on the wing and cross.

and he HAS a good shot. CR also often shoots and not always hits the target, but nobody will doubt he has a great shooting-technique. same goes for schürrle. he has scored a lot of screamers...

Sorry to tell u but u dont know who Schurrle is. He can play as a centrel forward and has many times. This season he played as a left winger but not a real one. You can compare him to tevez who goes to the left to get the ball and then comes in and shoots. Tevez is a winger or a striker???

Sorry to tell u but u dont know who Schurrle is. He can play as a centrel forward and has many times. This season he played as a left winger but not a real one. You can compare him to tevez who goes to the left to get the ball and then comes in and shoots. Tevez is a winger or a striker???

He played as a striker at this start of his career before his move to Bayer and that's it. He's played as an unorthodox winger or I guess he could have passed for a support striker. Tevez is always deployed behind Aguero as a second-striker or put up front with Silva/Nasri behind him and used as a proper striker. He does go left and right but that's due to his work-rate which is completely irrelevant to his role. Schurrle is deployed on the left and typically stays there and holds his position on the wing.

he aint a winger he is a fucking striker, forward who goes to left side to get the ball. He no winger u get it ! Morons

Get your tone right when you post.

Anyway, I'll be the good dude and respond to you in a appropriate manner. Yes, Schürrle is a winger (an "inverted winger"). If you haven't watched any of his games I recommend you to do so (Last season, out of 39 games he played 36 ones on the left wing...).

To be a striker he'd need to gain muscles en masse, learn how to play with his back to the net, learn how to move better without the ball (SPACING), polish his finishing, be heading the ball better etc. etc. etc.

He played as a striker at this start of his career before his move to Bayer and that's it. He's played as an unorthodox winger or I guess he could have passed for a support striker. Tevez is always deployed behind Aguero as a second-striker or put up front with Silva/Nasri behind him and used as a proper striker. He does go left and right but that's due to his work-rate which is completely irrelevant to his role. Schurrle is deployed on the left and typically stays there and holds his position on the wing.

All im saying is that he can play as a forward which means he can play as a support striker.

Anyway, I'll be the good dude and respond to you in a appropriate manner. Yes, Schürrle is a winger (an "inverted winger"). If you haven't watched any of his games I recommend you to do so (Last season, out of 39 games he played 36 ones on the left wing...).

To be a striker he'd need to gain muscles en masse, learn how to play with his back to the net, learn how to move better without the ball (SPACING), polish his finishing, be heading the ball better etc. etc. etc.

First Dont tell me how to post my shit now my point is that Schurrle is a forward and not a winger. The fact that he plays on the left wing doesnt mean he is a winger. Schurrle can play as a second striker.

No he does not. He is a strong lad, 184-185cm tall and weighs around 80 kgs I presume. That's more than Suarez, Torres, Tevez, Agüero etc. If you are being negative and finding faults then search for them properly. He is 22 and with a proper manager, surroundings he can be a very good asset. I didn't see anyone crying when we bought Zhirkov for nearly the same money, he was older though less proven.

First Dont tell me how to post my shit now my point is that Schurrle is a forward and not a winger. The fact that he plays on the left wing doesnt mean he is a winger. Schurrle can play as a second striker.

Have some respect if you are going to interact with other members of this forum. You have only been here for what, 2 weeks? And you are calling people morons and other abusive words. Learn some respect. I thought some of your posts about Luiz few days back was ludicrous. Doesn't mean we should call u names does it.... FFS grow up!

Have some respect if you are going to interact with other members of this forum. You have only been here for what, 2 weeks? And you are calling people morons and other abusive words. Learn some respect. I thought some of your posts about Luiz few days back was ludicrous. Doesn't mean we should call u names does it.... FFS grow up!

What other ABUSIVE WORDS U TELL ME? "MORONS" WASNT DIRECT MEANT NOTHING/! why u get so offended?!

U think Luiz is a fantastic defender which he is not. Used to be one acuttualy since he started putting more work on the offense he lost a bit of his defence. U say diffrently u didn't watch him and his mistakes close enough and when I say mistakes I mean leaving his CB position to the attack and not returning in time which costs us some goals. Not marking proprly/ not standing in the right area.

This forum has certain rules and if you're going to post like DA BIG BOSS INDA HOUSE I'll friggin' tell you to quit it. Calling other people "morons" is not gonna make you cooler nor is it gonna support your point either.

Basically, even Courois can play as a striker, or any other player for that matter, but that doesn't mean they're suited for that role. As I already posted twice in this thread Schürrle doesn't possess the required abilities to be effective as a striker. But as you don't even seem to be about to post why he can play there and instead insist that he is a striker without giving any reasons I doubt I can expect a proper answer, can I?

Second striker? Not in this Chelsea squad. Such a role doesn't exist here, and no, Mata is not a second striker. He's having a "free role" (or whatever you wanna call it)

No he does not. He is a strong lad, 184-185cm tall and weighs around 80 kgs I presume. That's more than Suarez, Torres, Tevez, Agüero etc. If you are being negative and finding faults then search for them properly.

Body weight =/= muscles, strenght

The fact he plays on Left wing, may not mean he is a winger...

BUT...

It means he plays there. Whatever you want to call him. Inside forward. Wide Man, Adjusted CAM, Random dude on the left. Whatever. That is where he plays.

He can play as a striker. But there is a difference between being able to play there and actually BEING A STRIKER.

The fact he plays on Left wing, may not mean he is a winger...

BUT...

It means he plays there. Whatever you want to call him. Inside forward. Wide Man, Adjusted CAM, Random dude on the left. Whatever. That is where he plays.

He can play as a striker. But there is a difference between being able to play there and actually BEING A STRIKER.

I never said he is not playing on the left wing. All I said is that this signing could provide us another optional forward if needed.