Schurrle signing confirmed; will wear #14

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/jose-mourinho-told-he-cant-buy-the-title-by-chelsea-8643877.html

Chelsea already have a deal in principle to sign Andre Schurrle from Bayer Leverkusen — which Mourinho is thought to have approved — but are in the market for another striker.

I remember when we played Leverkusen in the CL last 2 times and how Schurrle did against us, and I must say he really impressed me. His dribbling skill seemed to be OVER 9000 and our players were just chasing shadows. As I don't follow Bundesliga all the time, especially Lever, I can't say too much about him, but at 22 years of age and ability to play on both wings and as a striker also, he could prove to be a very good addition to the team, especially considering Marin hasn't done well, Torres probably leaving and me being personally a bit disappointed with Moses.

When I look at the maker and available players who can match all of Andre's abilities and price, I must say I am struggling to find any, so it would be a rather good transfer in my eyes.

I'm no expert on Schurrle...but Navas is the more explosive winger.

What Schurrle brings is workrate, long shots...and he's 22.

As a winger, Navas is better..but as a team player who will most likely be used as squad rotation, I'd take Schurrle (for the right price..)

I haven't watched a lot of Schurrle, but hopefully he'll be a good rotational squad member at the very least, that's if we do indeed sign him. For those that have seen him preform regularly how does he compare with Jesus Navas? He's just signed with Manchester City, for around 20 million. He does of course suffer from chronic homesickness so that may (likely) be a serious problem.

Schürrle is very explosive, too. Pace is one of his main strengths which he trains on specifically with an expert in Leverkusen. I don't know why all of you put workrate as an explicit strength of him? He's surely no lazy bastard, but don't expect him to run after every opponent down the touchline. Though I think that tactically, players in Germany are more forced to a strict pressing within the team.

As a rotation player, he can surely be considered, but is a rotation player worth 20mio and maybe even losing one of our biggest talents which actually could be used at the same position? I don't know...

I remember when we played Leverkuzen in the CL last 2 times and how Schurrle did against us, and I must say he really impressed me. His dribbling skill seemed to be OVER 9000 and our players were just chasing shadows. As I don't follow Bundesliga all the time, especially Lever, I can't say too much about him, but at 22 years of age and ability to play on both wings and as a striker also, he could prove to be a very good addition to the team, especially considering Marin hasn't done well and with Torres probably leaving.

He is surely way way way better than Marin! But what he's still lacking a bit is consistency. If you watch videos of him on youtube, you are of course impressed. He bangs in dream goals and performs very well at times. But between those performances, there are very often 5-6 games where you don't see him at all and when the media seems to question him, especially in the NT, he bounces back with another great performance and the cycle starts again.

The price will tell me everything. If we pay something like 20+ million for a squad player then just wow. We haven't learnt a thing.

But we clearly have learnt a lot. It seems weird that you would take all the other good transfers and then look at this one transfer and use this one example to judge the club's performance in the market.

Personally I'm looking at it the other way - we clearly have learnt so if we're pursuing this guy then the people in charge of recruitment must see something in him. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt at least until he's stepped foot on the Stamford Bridge pitch ready to kick a ball.

You know what, the sun is shining so I'm going to be extra nice and not write him off until his second game for us. How patient am I?? B)B)

Is he faster than Navas ?

Depends who's chasing him...

Not sure. I am guessing Jesus Navas is faster but i don't know. I am sure someone will go check thier fifa stats for you though. :D

Bit unsure about him.

Like previous posters say we seem adamant about getting him , maybe our scouts see something special or maybe its his age?

but as said previously 20 mill for a squad player is a lot.

no

though his art of speaking is kinda harsh, he is right. schürrle is an inside-forward, not a winger...he aint crossing or something and not running trough the line. he has stamina, pace, speed, technique, a very good shot, is quite creative too. but he aint no "winger" as maybe Valencia is or A. Young.