Right-back Ramires?

If we are going to play three 'forwards' behind the striker, then it needs people with a massive engine who can get up and down the pitch. Ramires is the only one we have at the moment capable of that, and would be wasted at RB.

Not to say he cant fill in that role when required though

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe that's a good idea. He did put in a hell of a shift in Barcelona, but so did Bosingwa, though we wouldn't suggest that he deserves to be a CB for the club (or being here in any capacity).

I think Badboy said it or someone, that if we're going to be a top, top, side next season Ramires should be a worst player. That's not an insult to Ramires, if anything it's complimentary. The position I want to see Ramires is here:

Mikel - Ramires

Mata

Now obviously Lampard's occupying that position, but I'll be damned if Lampard's playing all season next year! In different types of games Ramires will be perfect there because of those long, tireless, outstanding runs he makes. Albeit he's done very well in the wide position of that 4-2-3-1, so for someone better (like Hulk or Hazard) to play there would be great for the squad.

:lol: Ambitious (outrageous) idea, but no. It would fuck his game, he's a midfielder (and lately a winger), and that's that. He will have plenty of chances to play in midfield or on the wing in a long season, but just not all the time. It's problematic because he doesn't fit the double pivot, he's not the one to tie defence to attack a la Lampard or Schweinsteiger - the laid back type of guys who simply take the ball from the goalkeeper/defenders and pass it forward accurately. He's a duracell bunny who feeds off the ball feeders.

He could play that role or as a defensive mid against weaker or mid-table clubs, but not as a constant starter. If we don't sign Hulk, Willian or any other winger for that matter, and if we loan out KDB again, then he will/should play as a winger, rotating between Marin, Hazard and Mata (goddamn jizzmatic to be able to say those names)... I will just disregard Malouda in that list as he hopefully will be shipped off or thrown into the stands. He's also a great asset on the wing as he can effectively help out in defence, I don't think the likes of Marin and Hazard are any better there than, say, Mata was at that.

Yes, Rambo can put in a shift or two at RB at extreme circumstances like Essien or Diarra some years back, but making him permanent there? Ivanovic break skinny boy fingers. :noexpression:

I think Ramires will play as part of the double pivot - but that doesn't necessarily mean CDM. I think with Mikel he'll be more of a box-to-box, and with Lampard they would sit back more, alternating bursts forward, etc. Should work.

And for the record, I think Ramires has the skill set to be an excellent right back.

Sell him, he will go for a good bit of cash.

nah mate. as u saw, he is crucial to our counter game against big teams. he was sorely missed in the final and will be more than useful against attacking opponents because he has the pace to attack and the stamina to get back and cover as well

nah mate. as u saw, he is crucial to our counter game against big teams. he was sorely missed in the final and will be more than useful against attacking opponents because he has the pace to attack and the stamina to get back and cover as well

With the team we are getting against how many teams exactly are we going to counterattack ?Arsenal, City what about the other 34 games in the league..Tha's why I don't rate Ramires on the wing against lesser teams with tightened defense he will be found hopeless.I want to see Ramires play where he is at his best MID.With Lamps or some1 like Modric.

I fully agree with you. We cannot sell him! He is an important piece of our team, and I hope he also will be that in the future.

With the team we are getting against how many teams exactly are we going to counterattack ?Arsenal, City what about the other 34 games in the league..Tha's why I don't rate Ramires on the wing against lesser teams with tightened defense he will be found hopeless.I want to see Ramires play where he is at his best MID.With Lamps or some1 like Modric.

i was merely saying we dont sell him and yeah, i think against the smaller teams it will be sturridge or hulk(?) on the right

Sure if our RBs were injured, it would make sense to play Ramires or Essien there. But I don't think we should consider Ramires as a second option RB for the whole season.. He makes our attack more efficient and that's what we clearly missed in the UCL final.

Our RB options for the new season should be: Ivanovic, Azpilicueta or Van der Wiel (instead of Bosingwa, hopefully) and a youngster (instead of Ferreira 'cause it's the same really).

Here's a crazy thought:

Torres

Hazard ------------------------- Hulk

Mata

Cole -------------------Mikel-------------- Ramires

Luiz --- Terry/Cahill --- Ivanovic

Cech

Would be quite lols.

I would like Hulk at Chelsea but it would be harsh on Ramires at the same time. He's been brilliant for us, just doesn't fit into the formation IF Hulk arrives.

I would like Hulk at Chelsea but it would be harsh on Ramires at the same time. He's been brilliant for us, just doesn't fit into the formation IF Hulk arrives.

If Hulk arrives we could use rotation. But it's true, Hulk doesn't that player, who has bought for the bench to... :S

Ramires can only fit in our 4-3-3 system, and with Hazard looking like he will join us it seems that we will definitely be playing 4-2-3-1 in the future.

People are getting stupid and just putting your love and passion for Ramires over reality, you cannot be blinded by anything like that.

Fact is he cannot fit in the 4-2-3-1 system, FFP is coming up, he can go for at least 20 million, then sell him.