David Luiz

the wes

First, everyone is pissed we are going after mediocre players like Pienaar and Yossi, then they are pissed we are paying too much for Luiz. Seems like you want the best players in the world for bargain prices.

Imo, awesome deal!

Plus, I think this might help us get Neymar, as he'll be able to play with 2 of his regular Brazil teammates.

Benfica Fans View??

icon_post_target.gifby Canadian_Benfiquista » Mon Jan 23, 2011 2:54 am

lmao they wouldnt be able to use him in any c.l. games because he already played for us so a move now doesnt make sense for me, they can speculate new bs everyday but until slb tells me i dont believe alot this paper talk.....

icon_post_target.gifby SLB » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:00 pm

Sounds about right from what I have heard also....a mate has just told me it will be Tuesday when he will be officialy unveiled as a Chelsea player

by SLB » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:13 pm

I know a couple of contacts in the football world and speak with them quite frequently and from what I have heard the fee is around €24M which is not far off the €25M you have.

Benfica are not interested in any player exchange.

The players reps have met Chelsea and the players terms have been agreed.

It is only the fee which is to be finally agreed between Benfica and Chelsea.

The latest is that the player will fly to London tomorrow for the medical.

If the deal does not happen in the next 24 hours then it will be that Benfica have not agreed to the terms of the transfer.

Watch this space....my pal will call me later tonight

Are you a Chelsea fan by any chance?

icon_post_target.gifby benfica73 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:17 am

well boys a nother one bites the dust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shock.gif

Sounds Promisingblue%20scalf.gif

Benfica Fans View??

icon_post_target.gifby Canadian_Benfiquista » Mon Jan 23, 2011 2:54 am

lmao they wouldnt be able to use him in any c.l. games because he already played for us so a move now doesnt make sense for me, they can speculate new bs everyday but until slb tells me i dont believe alot this paper talk.....

Sounds Promisingblue%20scalf.gif

Which is exactly why we're "saving" €5 million.

It's hard to find a quality CB who isn't cup tied and it's great to get Sideshow Bob now so not only do we have more width in the defense but he can also get used to playing for chelsea for the new season and champions league.

Found this story :

Chelsea agree £25.5m deal for Benfica defender David Luiz

Chelsea have finally agreed a deal to sign David Luiz which values the much-coveted Benfica defender at €30 million (£25.5 million) — making him their most expensive transfer for five years.

read rest here...

30million? Whoa I hope this boy eats lightning and craps thunder!!

Found another story on skysports just published :

Ancelotti hopes for Luiz deal

Chelsea boss keen to add Benfica defender to his squad

read rest here (skysports)

Knowing how does Carlo answer to transfer questions this is a pretty good indication. I believe we will manage to sign Luiz. Nobody will pay Benfica 30 million for Luiz except us (or City maybe =.=) when we are a bit desperate for a good centre-back and Benfica has some financial problems.

And a sentence you should all see :

Confusion arose last week over Chelsea's interest in Steven Pienaar and Ancelotti says Luiz will be the only new arrival at Stamford Bridge in January if a deal can be agreed.

30million? Whoa I hope this boy eats lightning and craps thunder!!

The scary thing is he sorta does. If this story is true then this is our best tranfer in years, this guy is special, a special talent, a player who has all of the potential to be ranked with the Carvalho's, the Lucio's, the Nesta's ect. This guy is a top class defender by any standard and would be a massive addition for the present and future success of the club.