David Luiz

the wes

i think brani will be benched.

I reckon Alex will be the one that's benched IMO. Much as I hate to admit it. I think Brano has done excellently well in his absence, and unfortunately for Alex, it will be tough to get back into the side now we've brough Luiz in.

Don't forget as well Luiz is able to play in any position along the back four.

I don't know this guy but for that money, he better be fucking worth it. I think it's stupid money to be paying for a defender when we're desperately needing a genuine playmaker and a winger a lot more in my opinion.

Our problem this season has been scoring goals and creating chances. I suppose that mean's he's planning on giving Kakuta, McEachran and Sturridge more time soon and making them genuine squad players next season. If that's the case, i'm well up for it. Looks likely tbh. We have undoubted talent at the bridge.

I don't know this guy but for that money, he better be fucking worth it. I think it's stupid money to be paying for a defender when we're desperately needing a genuine playmaker and a winger a lot more in my opinion.

Our problem this season has been scoring goals and creating chances. I suppose that mean's he's planning on giving Kakuta, McEachran and Sturridge more time soon and making them genuine squad players next season. If that's the case, i'm well up for it. Looks likely tbh. We have undoubted talent at the bridge.

Exactly.

:fainthv9:...Aguero is not even worth 20 millions.

Never said he was worth 40 milion, that was the amount you had to pay for him two years ago. You never pay the amount a player's actually worth.

Don't know how much he's worth but a player of his age and calibre is going to cost you. And it was just an example of a player Chelsea was seriously interested in anyway.

But don't tell me you would pay 30 mil for Luiz yet you wouldn't pay more than 20 mil for Aguero carloeyebrow.jpeg?

I agree that our problem is in the midfield, though it doesnt mean buying Luiz for that money is stupid. Its is very simple: as Carlo said, we will buy a defender. This is what the italian wants. If we cant get Luiz, we will probably end up with another Bel Hain 2.0; but Luiz is about the future. With Ivanovic, Alex, Terry and Luiz, we wont need to buy a defender for years. The board wont use that money to buy a playmaker or a striker. Forget it.

Just remember back in summer window. We were going to pay 27 millions for Neymar. He decided to stay at Santos, and we didnt used that money to buy another striker. As you said, we are desesperately needing a genuine playmaker...but whos this guy ? Who we can buy right now for that money ? Who is good enough and young enough to do good things for years to come ? Maybe there are good playmakers that is worth the same we are payng for Luiz, but are them available ? Does their current clubs want to sell them ? Are their current clubs asking the correct price ? We also have an age problem. We cant pay 24 millions for a 29, 30 years old guy even if he is superb.

Never said he was worth 40 milion, that was the amount you had to pay for him two years ago. You never pay the amount a player's actually worth.

Don't know how much he's worth but a player of his age and calibre is going to cost you. And it was just an example of a player Chelsea was seriously interested in anyway.

But don't tell me you would pay 30 mil for Luiz yet you wouldn't pay more than 20 mil for Aguero carloeyebrow.jpeg?

No, because I really cant see anything special in the argentinian.

we are desesperately needing a genuine playmaker...but whos this guy ? Who we can buy right now for that money ? Who is good enough and young enough to do good things for years to come ?

If we need to buy midfielder like that then imo we should get one of Pastore or Dzagoev. You don't get better than that.

Found this story :

Chelsea agree £25.5m deal for Benfica defender David Luiz

Chelsea have finally agreed a deal to sign David Luiz which values the much-coveted Benfica defender at €30 million (£25.5 million) — making him their most expensive transfer for five years.

read rest here...

A report by Jason Burt. Generally he doesn't misinform but you never know.

SkySports:

"It is reported that Benfica will take one of Slobodan Rajkovic, Nemanja Matic, Patrick van Aanholt or Fabio Borini."

Interesting seeing Borini's name mentioned. Possibility of it being him? €5M sounds about right for him.

http://www.skysports...6699911,00.html

Chelsea are still searching for a "solution" in their bid to sign Benfica defender David Luiz, according to the Blues manager Carlo Ancelotti.

Chelsea are thought to have had a £17m bid for the Brazilian international, 23, rejected at the end of December.

Speaking after Chelsea beat Bolton 4-0 on Monday, Ancelotti said nothing had been agreed between the two clubs.

"He is the only signing we are trying to make but if it's not possible, nothing changes," stated the Italian.

"He's a very good young player but we have not agreed anything."

A centre-half who can also play at right or left-back, Luiz is valued by Portuguese side Benfica at £25.5m.

Were he to join Chelsea, he would link up with fellow Brazilians, defender Alex and midfielder Ramires.

----------------

Source:- BBC Sport

----------------

for fucks sake, sign the player already :rolleyes: