Keeper crisis?

That is all an expected income. I would rather let him play for Atletico for another year with a bonus, than play for RM. There is NO WAY you can let Courtois go without it helping you. He will be an improved De Gea! =)

Yeah I agree - if he issues some kind of ultimatum to the club, I'm sure we'll give him that bonus. Then the only question that remains is if he'll be swayed by the "glory" of being a RM player, as most players are.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's better than Blackman and more experienced than him.

yeah but no point in keeping him because he's just another turnbull. blackman is a future prospect and should be our 3rd choice keeper atleast

Sort of unfair question.

Blackman's sitting in our reserve squad while Courtois is playing for a good European side in a top league. Until we see Jamal in that kind of environment it's a pointless comparison.

I would like to bring this up: Since Cech will be our #1 next season, will Courtois be complacent with being at Atletico? I hear Real Badrid are on his tail and they will likely propose an enticing offer.

So, should we bench Cech and promote Courtois, or sell him to the white scum? There is an outside chance that he will stay with us as a #2, but not a good one.

Courtois has already said that the loan agreement includes at least 2 years in Atletico and 1 (or 2?) years somewhere in England. I think the plans have already been made and they will stick to it. After 3-4 seasons on loan he will be more than ready to challenge or overtake Cech.

why the heck did we sign hilario on for another year?? this way blackman will never get a chance

Its always good to have at least one experienced keeper as backup...I would have preferred Cudicini, but Hilario's not bad either.

Its always good to have at least one experienced keeper as backup...I would have preferred Cudicini, but Hilario's not bad either.

maybe but blackman as 3rd choice would get more exposure

maybe but blackman as 3rd choice would get more exposure

You could say that, but when even the 2nd choice keeper doesn't play much in a season, that kind of exposure a 3rd choice keeper gets would count for little. I do think Hilario should be moved on though. He's become a bit injury prone this season as well.

i hope Courtios he come the end of the sezon and be come the second goalkeper.

If Cech have mistake he play Courtois.

Blackman goes to rezerv first goalkeper and he come the first team ih one of 3 golakeper injured.

i hope Courtios he come the end of the sezon and be come the second goalkeper.

If Cech have mistake he play Courtois.

Blackman goes to rezerv first goalkeper and he come the first team ih one of 3 golakeper injured.

Courtois is too good and too young to be on the bench day in day out. And it will take more than a few mistakes for us to demote Cech who deserves our full confidence