Keeper crisis?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cech has turned into the best keeper in the world in recent months. He won't be dropped.

Competition is never a bad thing. Yes Cech's stepped up, but having Courtois impose on his presence in the squad will make the former raise his game on another level.

Courtois will spend at least next season on loan again, and maybe another after that. To have a young keeper playing every week in the Spanish league and playing in Europe and even winning the Europa league is something you just cannot replicate and we would be crazy to take him away from that environment until we are ready for him to seriously challenge Cech.

Blackman is a very good goalkeeper, but the problem with him is the same with pretty much all our youngsters, how do we help him progress out of the first team. He has been with the first team squad all the time lately which means that he has not even been playing reserves football, youth cup has been his only game time. What do we do with him next season? Loan? It is hard to get a good loan for keepers. At the moment we have no way of given our youngsters the sort of exposure Courtois has had up till now, but Blackman can be a quality keeper.

Competition is never a bad thing. Yes Cech's stepped up, but having Courtois impose on his presence in the squad will make the former raise his game on another level.

But it should never come at the expenses of Courtois' development. Hope we don't mess this up because he really has the potential to be the best at his position.

The FIFA ratings are a joke in relation to our ratings. I wasn't kidding when I said there are people at EA who don't like us. It's pretty obvious. Ramires is still rated 79, Cahill is rated 79, Luiz 80, Mikel 81, Romeu frickin 71 and even though he's form has dipped recently Sturridge is better than 80! The EA people need to actually watch our games.

I would have it like this

Cech- 87

Ivanovic- 84 (as a RB)

Terry-85

Luiz- 83

Cahill- 83

Cole- 86

Essien- 81

Mikel- 82

Ramires- 83

Lampard- 84

Meireles- 82

Malouda- 82

Kalou- 80

Torres- 84

Drogba- 85

Mata- 87

Sturridge- 82 ( as a RW, as a ST 83)

Bertand- 75

Anyway sorry to go off Topic :P

Nevermind successors, we need a second choice and we need one now, as a stop-gap until TC is ready to step up to the plate. Someone with experience and quality. Jussi Jaaskelainen is out of contract in the summer, he'd be a perfect back-up.

Nevermind successors, we need a second choice and we need one now, as a stop-gap until TC is ready to step up to the plate. Someone with experience and quality. Jussi Jaaskelainen is out of contract in the summer, he'd be a perfect back-up.

He said he is quite satisfied with his position in Bolton and that he won't leave either when they will play in Championship or Premiership next season.

David James or Robert Green are available. :Goober:

The FIFA ratings are a joke in relation to our ratings. I wasn't kidding when I said there are people at EA who don't like us. It's pretty obvious. Ramires is still rated 79, Cahill is rated 79, Luiz 80, Mikel 81, Romeu frickin 71 and even though he's form has dipped recently Sturridge is better than 80! The EA people need to actually watch our games.

Cech- 87

Ivanovic- 84 (as a RB)

Terry-85

Luiz- 83

Cahill- 83

Cole- 86

Essien- 81

Mikel- 82

Ramires- 83

Lampard- 84

Meireles- 82

Malouda- 82

Kalou- 80

Torres- 84

Drogba- 85

Mata- 87

Sturridge- 82 ( as a RW, as a ST 83)

Bertand- 75

Anyway sorry to go off Topic :P

Expect that in fifa 13. EA dont give fuck about anything, once the game is released. But they make next one more real. That stats were pretty real at start of the season.

Those ratings are biased. These are more realistic:

Cech 88

Ivanovic 81

Terry 85

Luiz 83

Cahill 82

Cole 86

Essien 69

Mikel 80

Ramires 88

Lampard 81

Meireles 78

Malouda 70

Kalou 79

Torres 80

Drogba 84

Mata 86

Sturridge 75

Bertrand 77

Romeu 70

McEachran 70

Piazon 69

Kakuta 71

Feruz 67

Those ratings are biased. These are more realistic:

Cech 88

Ivanovic 81

Terry 85

Luiz 83

Cahill 82

Cole 86

Essien 69

Mikel 80

Ramires 88

Lampard 81

Meireles 78

Malouda 70

Kalou 79

Torres 80

Drogba 84

Mata 86

Sturridge 75

Bertrand 77

Romeu 70

McEachran 70

Piazon 69

Kakuta 71

Feruz 67

lol Ramires 88? :P I agree with my ratings ;)

Essien shouldn't even be in the 70s. For his position, if I am correct, his overall is calculated as an average of his:

Stamina (65)

Short Passing (84)

Long Passing (65)

Tackling (65)

Acceleration (68)

Strength (73)

Which averages out to 70.

Essien will definitely be around the 80 overall mark so we just accept that now. Plus why for you put Ivanovic as only 81? So you're saying he's gotten worse?