Marouane Fellaini

Atholy

Romeu> Fellaini. Why do you guys just want to keep buying? Seriously fuck off and play FIFA. Even when we have a great spanish DM in the making you want to buy Fellaini. FFS!

Romeu is certainly not better than Fellaini but he's got the potential and just needs playing time, which he probably wouldn't get enough if we bought another DM. Fellaini however, is more than just a DM and he can pretty much play anywhere on the pitch if needed, but considering the price (+25m imo, check Shogun's post) and the fact we already have good DM's in Mikel / Romeu and Fellaini would only be "needed" in a position he's not natural in I would say there's not much point in buying him other than making Hazard feel more welcome. :D If the plan is to strengthen the midfield it's better to buy a player who would be challenging Lampard for a spot in the starting lineup, not Mikel/Romeu. Of course there's Josh but I wouldn't be counting on him to be given his chance next season unless the manager is Guardiola, who I'm sure would appreciate his great vision and calmness on the ball.

If we buy any more midfielders then Essien and/or Meireles will probably have to be sold first, otherwise it's going to be way too many players competing for those two or three spots in the team.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have enough midfielder/wingers since getting Hazard and (seemingly) Hulk. , If that's the case, for 5 spots, we have Mata, Hazard, Hulk, Lampard, Ramires, Mikel, Sturridge, Romeu, Meireles, Essien, Malouda, and Benayoun and that's without considering McEachran, De Bruyne, and Piazon. I assume the starting 5 in a 4-2-3-1 would be Mikel, Lampard, Hulk, Hazard, and Mata leaving Ramires, Sturridge, Meireles, etc...as depth. We don't need any more midfielders.

We have enough midfielder/wingers since getting Hazard and (seemingly) Hulk. , If that's the case, for 5 spots, we have Mata, Hazard, Hulk, Lampard, Ramires, Mikel, Sturridge, Romeu, Meireles, Essien, Malouda, and Benayoun and that's without considering McEachran, De Bruyne, and Piazon. I assume the starting 5 in a 4-2-3-1 would be Mikel, Lampard, Hulk, Hazard, and Mata leaving Ramires, Sturridge, Meireles, etc...as depth. We don't need any more midfielders.

The only way to get a Modric type player would be to sell Meireles, Essien and Benayoun

The only way to get a Modric type player would be to sell Meireles, Essien and Benayoun

And even then, what would that do, push Lampard to the bench? Lampard was one of our best players last season and he played in 49 matches. Maybe we only play him in 40 this season or something to keep him fresh, but when he does play, he brings a real quality to the team. EA PPI had Lampard as the 21st best player in the Premiership last season. There becomes a point when buying players loses a lot of value because they are replacing players who are already good. Replacing Kalou brings a lot of value because Kalou was a middling player for Chelsea. There's very little value in spending money to replace your better players. You have to you spend £ 35M to get £2M worth of improvement. It's just not worth it.

And even then, what would that do, push Lampard to the bench? Lampard was one of our best players last season and he played in 49 matches. Maybe we only play him in 40 this season or something to keep him fresh, but when he does play, he brings a real quality to the team. EA PPI had Lampard as the 21st best player in the Premiership last season. There becomes a point when buying players loses a lot of value because they are replacing players who are already good. Replacing Kalou brings a lot of value because Kalou was a middling player for Chelsea. There's very little value in spending money to replace your better players. You have to you spend £ 35M to get £2M worth of improvement. It's just not worth it.

Isnt Lampard injured? and old? And aren't we playing a shit ton of matches next season? Plus you should be arguing the same thing but with Mikel, because that's the guy that would be losing his spot if Fellaini comes.

Isnt Lampard injured? and old? And aren't we playing a shit ton of matches next season? Plus you should be arguing the same thing but with Mikel, because that's the guy that would be losing his spot if Fellaini comes.

I was talking about Modric who would seemingly replace Lampard. Lampard is injured for the Euros, not for next season and as I wrote in the previous post, he was effective in 49 matches last season (16 goals, 10 assists, some excellent defensive efforts). It's not like he can only play 15 matches a season or anything. We have enough depth and talent in midfield as is.

fellaini?? well if we stick to 433 (witch in my mind helps most of team espescially ramires, though not sure torres) our midfield of

mata, mikel, lamps, essien, mierles, romeu seems pretty full.....atm, no need for fellaini.

however he would be the ultimate utility man who would play all three midfield roles when needed. so essien would prob have to go. this only way i see this playing out if we do indeed sign him. if we then sold mierles and promoted josh then that would be best midfield we could have asked for without breakin bank by signing modric for 40mil or watever while promoting youth.

6 man midfield long ass season especialy 7cups we're in everyone would play.

would honestly not mind fellaini tbh, hopefully this scenario plays out.

fellaini?? well if we stick to 433 (witch in my mind helps most of team espescially ramires, though not sure torres) our midfield of

mata, mikel, lamps, essien, mierles, romeu seems pretty full.....atm, no need for fellaini.

however he would be the ultimate utility man who would play all three midfield roles when needed. so essien would prob have to go. this only way i see this playing out if we do indeed sign him. if we then sold mierles and promoted josh then that would be best midfield we could have asked for without breakin bank by signing modric for 40mil or watever while promoting youth.

6 man midfield long ass season especialy 7cups we're in everyone would play.

would honestly not mind fellaini tbh, hopefully this scenario plays out.

Where do we stick Hazard, Mata and Hulk (giving that he signs) in a 4-3-3 system? 4-2-3-1 is the way to go.

We should sell Essien and/or Malouda and buy Fellaini. We lost a lot of height and power with Drogba and if possible we should replace that with Fellaini. Dude was winning headers easily against the entire England team. He's shown, similar to Drogba that he single-handedly can be a plan B if we sometimes have to resort to long-ball tactics. Without Drogba we don't have anyone else that can do that. Torres definitely can't and Lukaku probably won't have much impact on the first team next year.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You