The FIFA Thread v2

Shane

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you're clearly a PES fanboy, nobody is that deluded, if it gives your life meaning then fair play to you.

In PC games, Fifa manager has better presentation+ all the licensing and better sim graphics, but Sega's football manager (ugly game with no licensing) is more popular. When it comes down to it, you can make anything look good, but if it doesn't play well.. it won't be successful over such a long period of time.

Nobody plays PES anymore, and the PES loyalists are bitter and mad.

Actually, when you dont have licensing it does matter.When customers can't play with their favorite English teams, they are going to be pissed off and not want to purchase the game.

http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/fifa-soccer-13-vs-pes-2013.1975002/

-Look at all the posters that love FIFA and their country of origin.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/fifa-14-vs-pes-14-which-is-the-better-game-8844970.html

In terms of gameplay both franchises have been able to make advancements and break new ground in the race for the perfect holistic football experience. Fifa has introduced ‘Pure Shot’ mechanics which allows strikes on goal to dip and swerve adding a realistic unpredictability to the game. This feature along with new contextual animations has refreshed the attacking gameplay significantly.

Equally Pes has made ground by introducing ‘true ball motion’ designed to make passing and shooting more accurately resemble real-life play, and also ‘collision physics’; a feature that introduces a genuine understanding of balance and momentum into the gameplay. As a result, PES remains harder to master than Fifa even though the dynamic gameplay on offer is more rewarding than its counterpart.

http://www.reddit.com/r/PlayStationPlus/comments/23wszg/is_pes_2014_a_crappy_game_or_is_it_just_that_no/

Fifa sales are incredible because of their fantastic online play and licenses. When your buddies all play fifa, are you going to play the better game or the game everyone else plays? Gameplay was never a question between the 2, it was everything else that was. If FIFa did not have a monopoly on licensing, would FIFA really do well in terms of sales? Is that why MAdden and NBA Live are POS games...

Seriously though, fifa setup is amazing. Online play, all that gold shit, etc, great for getting kids involve and playing with each other.

Try playing fully manual :)

PES used to be a lot better, those days are long gone

I Did. I completely raped FIFA easy. I use to love Fifa and Ea sports game in general, since in the USA EA dominated for most of the time here except NBA 2k took over...

Pes on ps2 was too easy of a game. People complaining about pes are people that want to score 10 goals a game.

I would bet take any good kid from Pes and put him against a fifa kid with a few hrs of playing, the PES kid would beat the fifa kid in his own game, not vice versa.

Main reason I'm any good at FIFA is because I used to religiously play PES back when it was on PS2, but ever since PES 6 it has fully been on a decline (gameplay wise) whilst FIFA have yearly been improving, taking aspects from PES and implementing it into their game.

Overall now the FIFA gameplay is better IMO. FIFA 14 on the next gen is really good. Expect it to get even better this year.

i was a big PES supporter/defender.

till pes 6 it was the best football game and FIFA wasn't. fifa improved with big steps, every year. but every time KONAMI switches the game-engine, they fail completely. after 2008 they killed PES with their new engine. imo, they were getting better after 2010 but with the fox engine last year, they fucked it all up again.

maybe, we just have to wait.

Main reason I'm any good at FIFA is because I used to religiously play PES back when it was on PS2, but ever since PES 6 it has fully been on a decline (gameplay wise) whilst FIFA have yearly been improving, taking aspects from PES and implementing it into their game.

Do you remember the velaciraptors in PES 6? Good times.

• 2 weeks later...
I would bet take any good kid from Pes and put him against a fifa kid with a few hrs of playing, the PES kid would beat the fifa kid in his own game, not vice versa.

:lol: Actually this is what happened to me. My coworker recently got me into FIFA, I used to play PES before that. So I played FIFA 14 a bit and then found FIFA World, where we could play online together. And as a FIFA newbie I have pretty much owned him :P And in FUT I was already in division 4, though I've been relegated back to div 6 after a very bad spell (lost countless with few wins, dunno what happened), but I still have a fair amount of more wins than draws and losses.

It's been pretty easy coming from PES over to FIFA. The most difficult thing is defending though. God I hate defending, I want to get the ball back as quickly as possible and this has often been my undoing... I go aggressively to press and the opponent gets past me with a quick one-two or dribble. I hate that. I try to be disciplined and play intelligently, but sometimes it's just not possible because defending is simply a bitch in FIFA. Especially the positioning of the players is ass, often I can see how my opponent will score the goal 3 moves ahead and I can't do anything to stop it because everybody is hopelessly out of position.

EDIT: I ask again - does anybody here play FIFA WORLD? It's free-to-play. If somebody does, let me know so we can arrange a game :)

:lol: Actually this is what happened to me. My coworker recently got me into FIFA, I used to play PES before that. So I played FIFA 14 a bit and then found FIFA World, where we could play online together. And as a FIFA newbie I have pretty much owned him :P And in FUT I was already in division 4, though I've been relegated back to div 6 after a very bad spell (lost countless with few wins, dunno what happened), but I still have a fair amount of more wins than draws and losses.

It's been pretty easy coming from PES over to FIFA. The most difficult thing is defending though. God I hate defending, I want to get the ball back as quickly as possible and this has often been my undoing... I go aggressively to press and the opponent gets past me with a quick one-two or dribble. I hate that. I try to be disciplined and play intelligently, but sometimes it's just not possible because defending is simply a bitch in FIFA. Especially the positioning of the players is ass, often I can see how my opponent will score the goal 3 moves ahead and I can't do anything to stop it because everybody is hopelessly out of position.

EDIT: I ask again - does anybody here play FIFA WORLD? It's free-to-play. If somebody does, let me know so we can arrange a game :)

I play fifaworld...add me my origin ID is balajihazard

i am in division 5 now..