Barcelona vs Chelsea

termninja

Agree with all of that apart from Essien, he has no mobility anymore and Barca would have a field day.

Good to see you back btw, hope you stick around :)

Thanks mate :D

I agree Essien is no longer the athlete he once was but he looked a little sharper and moved better against Arsenal then he has done since coming back. Now I know it's a massive gamble but Mata was just so irrelevant in the first leg that something needs to change. He touched the ball maybe 5 times and can't press or tackle anybody. It was like playing with 10 men.

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We did get free kicks in their half, plus some Ivan throws that we're pretty much like corners (we even came close to scoring off one). They will matter and still present us with our most dangerous moments to score because of how much bigger and stronger we are compared to their tiny side.

We need a goal. If we're stuck in a pattern of constant Barcelona possession with no respite then we're done for.

If showing ambition in search of a goal leaves us more open then that's a sacrifice we're going to have to make.

I love Mata like everybody else but this isn't a game for him because he doesn't have the energy or running power. I would start Essien or Malouda in his place. Maybe even Bosingwa or Bertrand and close one of the flanks.

Well you know shit's getting serious when Styles makes an appearance on TC.

JT, Drogba, Lampard, Cech not having won the champions League in their career would be criminal. They are the remnants from the best squad ever to have not won the Champions League. I would have loved Ballack to win it in 2009.

Lampard more importantly just to rub into the faces of dirty scousers who come up with Lampard has no Champions League Medal if gerrard has no Premier League Medal.

First of all, thinking that we will advance by just defending the whole game is absolute madness. We defended our ASSSES off at SB and lets not forget that they had some really good oppurtunities to score, the one which touched the bar for instantly or the one that Cole saved just in time.

We have to count on Barca to score, and that would mean we need to aswell. Chelsea needs to score a goal in the first half and then just do what we did the first game. To enable this my choice of formation is easy:

In the opening stages of the match, untill we score:

Cech

Ivanovic - Cahill - Terry - Cole

Mikel - Lampard

Ramires - Mata - Kalou

Drogba

Once we've scored/final stages of the game:

Cech

Ivanovic - Cahill - Terry - Cole

Ramires - Luiz (if fit)/Essien/Romeu - Mikel - Lampard

Drogba - Kalou

(There's always the choice of subbing Meireles for Kalou and do 4-5-1)

http://videos.sapo.pt/YNNe6Y5irCzSIp6QV5m3

Watch this video in the Nou Camp in 2009 and Platini's reaction to Barca's chances.

About the ref tommorow.

http://www.fixedsoccermatches.com/boards.php?id=10

"Fenerbahe chairman Aziz Yldrm allegedly called the Turkish Football Federation, or TFF, before his teams derby match between Beikta and Fenerbahe and said "Appoint [referee] Cneyt akr to the derby match, send me Cneyt." The Feb. 20 derby, which was officiated by akr and ended in a 4-2 win for Fenerbahe, was seen as one of the more important milestones in the Yellow Canaries march to the eventual championship."

We are fucked.