The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

8 minutes ago, Mana said:

Thing is, I'm pissed off with the new Champions League reform. I hate it. This "reform" makes us have to play more games, and it's more greed for UEFA and its TV sponsors.

I hate to choose the between the two evils. I really do.

It can be reformed again. They might have agreed to it but it can still be changed. 2024 is still long away ahead

There are lots of rumours swirling around just now in addition to all the strong statements and stated positions against the planned European Super League.

But I have just spoken to someone who is close to the clubs concerned and they were adamant there is no weakening of resolve within the six English clubs who have signed up to ESL.

In their view, the plans have been thought through and will benefit the game as a whole.

The clubs are waiting for the storm to die down.

Edited by milka

7 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

I'd fucking love us to be the first to pull out from this nightmare. Sure we will still be ridiculed but who cares. Pull out and apologize

Ridiculed for sure, but at the same we would be praised for doing the right thing for football. So bit of both. Certain of it.

16 minutes ago, Mana said:

Thing is, I'm pissed off with the new Champions League reform. I hate it. This "reform" makes us have to play more games, and it's more greed for UEFA and its TV sponsors.

I hate to choose the between the two evils. I really do.

Yes, the top teams need to be playing fewer games, not more of the feckers.

I'd make the League Cup for teams not playing Euro football, with the winners being given a spot in the Europa League, making it a trophy worth competing for.

31 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Even pulling out would be madness right now.  Would leave us to absolute ridicule. Can’t believe no none calculated that backlash

They knew full well that no promotion would kick up a shitstorm, which all makes it very fishy to me.

The 15 “founding clubs” of the Super League would share 32.5 per cent of these commercial revenues.

A further 32.5 per cent would be distributed between all 20 participating teams, including the five sides invited to play in the competition each year.

Twenty per cent of revenues would be allocated on “merit” or be dependent on performance in the competition.

The final 15 per cent would be shared based on broadcast audience size.

The competition winner would receive just 1.5 times more than the bottom side. By comparison, that ratio in Spain’s La Liga is closer to 3.5 times.

Clubs will be also allowed to retain all revenues from gate receipts and club sponsorship deals.

Super League clubs have committed to using only 55 per cent of their revenues on “sport spending”, such as player salaries, transfer and agent fees, according to people familiar with the terms.

Super League clubs have also signed up to a “tax equalisation” clause so that “income tax on salaries shall be normalised and calculated at a rate of 45 per cent”, according to people with direct knowledge of the contracts.

47 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I think they’re all scared shitless now and regretting it. Don’t think it’ll happen and we’ll see the first of probably several of the clubs putting out apologies today or within this week.

I know it’s almost universally hated but I would actually be kind of disappointed if it collapses. I’ve been enjoying the chaos first of all, and second of all I like the idea of massive heavyweight matches throughout the season more frequently.

Within 6 months they won't even seen as heavyweight they'll be normal

Pochettino on Super League: "I think first we need to have all the arguments to have a complete picture of the situation to take an opinion. We'll see what happens in the next few weeks and months."

Edited by Blues Forever