• Kalou
    • Lampard
    • Mata
    • Sturridge
    • Torres
    • (SUB) Cahill
    • (SUB) Ramires
    • (SUB) Malouda

Cahill, at the moment, seems another of that buys.

There's a reason i never mentioned him, is because we still have to wait, he hasn't proved it yet, yes he's been good since he has came but i wouldn't say it's a definite one of those buys till he is here for a season or 2.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes get in that's what I'm talking about ! We have lost League titles at places like Villa park in the past when United have put daylight between us at the top. I think Roberto has done really well to steady this ship and he has my endorsement for the managerial position ! Mikel played really well today !

Saw the Collins's goal again, what a horrendous defending for that! Straight out from the Stoke academy.

Also, seems that Mr Goalpost have some sort of grudge towards Mata. From what I remember, he has hit the posts 6 times already this season(!) - Sunderland, Birmingham, Leicester, Tottenham, Benfica and Aston Villa.

Torres' goal was all about confidence. He hit it so early and was a throwback to his Liverpool days. He has always been what I would call an 'instinct' finisher, and he has suffered for that due to a lack of confidence meaning he would take an extra touch or two. Robbie is doing us a massive favour whether he stays or goes because if we can get another 4-5 goals out of Torres this season then I think he is earmarked as the main striker for us next season with Drogba seemingly destined to leave.

What impressed me perhaps even more though was his assist for Brana's second. Watch on the replays his movement and determination to lose his marker and then get in front of the first defender to flick the ball on. His all round game at the moment is excellent, and the more dangerous he looks around the opposition penalty box, the more complete striker we have leading the line.

Great win.

I will be the first one to praise Mikel quiet work in the mid.

He stop a lot of plays.

& he makes passes

Mikel has completed 833 of 910 attempted passes(91.6%) which is currently the highest at the club

BTW' date=' This is why I love our club...Class Act!!!

[img']https://p.twimg.com/ApVjzFQCIAIzb--.jpg

Cahill, at the moment, seems another of that buys.

Just like Sturridge, paying only for his development is a bargain!

Did you guys know that Daniel scored against his first academy club?

Btw I loved Torres reaction for Brana's second goal.

Chelsea, I just can't get mad at you.

What a fucking great afternoon that was! It was your archetypal 'great advert for the Premier League' game; full of effort and attacking endeavour, and some brilliant support throughout. It was a really emotional day at Villa Park today, it actually made for quite a subdued atmosphere, but the universal applause for Petrov was admirable from all four stands at the ground.

As for the performance, the win was well-deserved and I think Villa netting two very much flatters them, they were flat and insipid. The game changed when Albrighton came on, he is a tricky young player and suddenly we were under pressure and we nearly capitulated. Respect to Ivanovic for his goals and the moment Torres scored - we all went fucking mental. Mikel a deserving MOTM today.

Congratulations on the win! I haven't watched the game yet, but I heard you had a great day.

You too it seems after scoring that late winner against Braga. Massive result for Benfica in terms of the title race. Will surely give you guys a big lift for next Wednesday.

You too it seems after scoring that late winner against Braga. Massive result for Benfica in terms of the title race. Will surely give you guys a big lift for next Wednesday.

It wasn't the best match... Aimar's absence was obvious, since the we were failing the last pass most of the times... Bruno Cesar's 92' goal was epic :)

But I don't think it's enough to give us the strenght we need to win at London. We have 3 injured centrer backs and I don't know what Jorge Jesus will do. Anyway, any topic where I can give my opinion about the first leg match?

It wasn't the best match... Aimar's absence was obvious, since the we were failing the last pass most of the times... Bruno Cesar's 92' goal was epic :)

But I don't think it's enough to give us the strenght we need to win at London. We have 3 injured centrer backs and I don't know what Jorge Jesus will do. Anyway, any topic where I can give my opinion about the first leg match?

Yeah, Benfica-Chelsea post match thread. Nvm, looks like it's closed. Guess you'd have to wait till a mod opens the thread for the 2nd leg.

Passes, but not good enough for a club that has big aspiration.

Hmm, it seemed to work for Maka :rolleyes: Remember this quote from the Great Zidine Zidane when Maka left RM???

Why put another layer of gold paint on the Bentley when you are losing the entire engine?

Yes we all know that you want Romeu to play over Mikel. Lo Siento :rolleyes: