Man City vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

I hear that Richards will start at CB and Zabaletta will play RB and no Savic. Which isn't really that bad of a back 4.

shite....thats not bad but still some way short of premier leafue title challenger level

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RDM has shown himself to be tactically both adventurous and flexible, e.g. playing Ramires on the left against Napoli. It's different gameplans and adapting to what is happening that the team has lacked for far too long!

I think he could spring a surprise tonight, and find a way of accommodating both Torres and Drogba in the starting line up, perhaps with Mata behind. When defending, Torres showed against Napoli that he is unselfish enough to track back and work hard down the right, Mata likewise on the left. But when attacking Torres and Drogba can both attack City centrally allowing Mata to roam.

I just feel that with both strikers up and running at the same time, RDM will look to utilise this. Not to mention that Lescott and Kompany look like they'll both be out, so the centre of their defence will be at it's most vulnerable. Drogba is perfectly capable of bullying Savic, and Torres seems to have the swagger back to skin him all day long.

Man, I hope you are right mate...I am hoping for a 1-1 draw, but gladly take a 3-2 win ;)

I am confident again for this, I too am hoping Drogs and Torres start with Mata in behind. This I would like:

Cech

Ivan, Cahill, Luiz, Cole

Essien

Ramires, Lamps

Mata

Torres, Drogba

Bring Sturridge on if behind at half time.

Lamps on the left? or is sth like a LCM?

It's amazing how much confidence there is amongst all of us, what a difference a couple of weeks makes! I'm quietly confident, like most it seems, that we can get at least something from this match.

All the pressure is on City, I know there is pressure on us to get top 4, but City have definately got more pressure on them to keep up with United, and the fact they are playing at home.

I don't exactly want to 'hand' the title to United, but I would also actually rather they win the title as opposed to City. The longer it takes them to win their first league title, the harder it will continue to be, which is better for us and the whole of English football.

Less than 2 hours to go! So nervous!

I have an early class at 8 so since the game will end at 6am (my time), I won't get to sleep at all tonight. Hope we get a positive result or I won't be able to focus at all!