Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

"In this moment he is far from being in conditions to play for us".

i think he's pretty fucked already, unless he impresses in early cup matches. Did Mourinho ever change his mind about a player since his second arrival? I can only remember Azpi.

The bolded part surely made me lol.

Well, you can look at my signature and there's quote from Jose who said that Ruben will be ready also from a mental point of view. Now he's saying that he's far from ready. :carlo:

The guys that hasn't watched him at youth level think that he's some kind of dirty-worker, limited player who's big and like to get into tackles. That's not Ruben but so far he only looks like that player. Hasn't showed too many positive things to be honest. Not adventurous at all. I really do think that Mario Pasalic would be better option than Ruben but he isn't HG. Charlie Colkett would have bigger impact and I'm sure of it. But he's not that big though. Let's face it, Ruben is here because he's HG and big. Let's look what youngsters Jose took on tour this year : Ola Aina, Jake Clark-Salter, Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Dominic Solanke all big, physically dominant players and the likes of Charly Musonda and Charlie Colkett were left out. Bias towards size is clear here but now it doesn't matter, Ruben is here to stay for now and what he's showed so far, that's not Ruben, it's not good enough. I had to recently explain to my friend that he isn't the player we saw so far, he isn't Mikel, he's adventurous, strong, fast, powerful box-to-box player who is very positive in what he does, my friend has doubts about it and after each game I have my doubts too.

Hopefully he will get more and more comfortable playing around this players because I think he's not there yet like Jose predicted he'll be.

He obviously does not take friendlies seriously, which is a problem under Mourinho. I'm sure that when the matches actually matter, he will show us why he is so highly rated.

As for Mourinho slating him: I think he is doing that to motivate him. Ruben has said that he will work harder so Mourinho is testing him to see if Ruben is the real deal or not.

I've always rated RLC...but he doesn't have a role in Chelsea's first team

He's not a deep midfielder (honestly feel Ake is better suited for that role)

He's not really a no.10 either (Musonda looks to be the better prospect)

I've always rated RLC...but he doesn't have a role in Chelsea's first team

He's not a deep midfielder (honestly feel Ake is better suited for that role)

He's not really a no.10 either (Musonda looks to be the better prospect)

That's a very good point actually. He really is more of a box to box, so it could be more of a play beside matic position. But we would lose a good amount of creativity from deep if that was the case. And he doesn't exactly fit the no. 10 either.

Now it could feasibly work for him and fabregas in a 4-3-3 style. Our formation is pretty fluid as it is, so it wouldn't be too big of a deal. I think his best asset is his runs from deep, which can cause all sorts of confusion and problems for the defense. In saying that, I think he's best as a box to box, but I think we would lose from creativity.

Jose Mourinho explains why he refuses to loan out Chelsea starlet Ruben Loftus-Cheek

JOSE MOURINHO insists he has no desire to loan out Ruben Loftus-Cheek this season.

LINK. http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/593195/Jose-Mourinho-Chelsea-Ruben-Loftus-Cheek-Transfer-News-Gossip

so he isnt good enough to go out on loan :fainthv9:

Its a shame we are giving this rare opportunity to a player who's not motivated enough to grab it with both hand.ake should and does deserve to take his spot imo

It's not as if he's not motivated, but Ake has always been a better performer to me in the midfield from games I've watched from both.

I feel if Ake was taller he would have been given the same opportunity.

RLC has to change his behavior in friendly matches or he will have problems with Jose. I really wish that Jose would have given a chance to Nathan Aké this preseason to see if he could be a good an option for our midfield this season.

I'm pretty excited about RLC, but he has to change his behavior because sometimes he plays like he already was a world star and not a child of 19 years. RLC can go far in football, but he has to play every play like it was the last of his life.

To me Aké and RLC are at the same level but Aké looks like a player with more maturity.. And maybe Aké is closer to what we need (although it seems that his future is in left-back position).

Regards.

The problem is, not only with RLC but with all our academy lads is they dont play against many teams that are of similar standards.

Our academy is very professional with all the latest mod cons and a very large support system. They come up against sides that you must agree look like school kids in comparison.

There really arent that many teenagers that are of a standard to play in our 1st team let alone from our own academy.

Mou is under pressure to make our academy become money makers but it doesn't mean that WE have to play them does it?

The academy would still be successful if the lads went on to play for other teams in the UK and across Europe.

YES I'm sure that EVERY academy lad dreams to be in our 1st team one day but we need to buy players thats best for Chelsea. Theyve got to realise that they just arent ready to play in the big league yet. RLC included.