Napoli v Chelsea

James

Can you quote me on this post then fella? Don't recall it myself. I doubt very much i would have said that. Been watching all season, was close with my 2-1 birmingham predication yday. I'm not an optimist like alot of people on here, i'm a realist. If you have been watching match highlights, i'm certain you might think different. I have been watching 90 minutes. Napoli's attack is ridic. Ours is poor

Maybe it was another thread/match...if that's the case my apologies.However, I can't figure out how you were close with that, seeing as how the score could have easily been in our favor. Granted we've been playing like shit, but that's bordering pessimism there..

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its impossible to call. Napoli were excellent in the group stage of the Champions League but have had an ordinary league campaign, We stuttered through the entire season. Drogba's back and that is a big plus but the possible absences of Terry and Cole are a concern. If everyone is fit Id like to see this team.

Cech

Ivanovic, Luiz, Terry, Cole

Ramires, Essien, Lampard

Sturridge, Drogba, Mata

For the prediction I will put on my optimism hat and say a Drogba inspired 1-0 victory.

Its impossible to call. Napoli were excellent in the group stage of the Champions League but have had an ordinary league campaign, We stuttered through the entire season. Drogba's back and that is a big plus but the possible absences of Terry and Cole are a concern. If everyone is fit Id like to see this team.

Cech

Ivanovic, Luiz, Terry, Cole

Ramires, Essien, Lampard

Sturridge, Drogba, Mata

For the prediction I will put on my optimism hat and say a Drogba inspired 1-0 victory.

If i see that the lineup is still a 4 3 3 i will sigh in utter despair...

start with Mata in the middle and our chances improve massively. Malouda or Kalou on the left, doesn't matter, we can just avoid that flank in attack and let whoever plays there do defensive duties.

We are going to be very cautious I can already tell lol, probably sit deep like we did against Valencia and then hit them on the break, basically the exact same as what Napoli will probably do. Just hope that AVB picks the right team and not all these half wits who do nothing (eg. Malouda, Kalou, Torres and Bosingwa). The game is defiantly there for the taking if we perform much, much better than the last 2 or 3 weeks, especially defensively as Napoli have got brilliant attacking players (Lavezzi, Hamsik, Cavani, Inler, Maggio) who will punish us. Everyone says Napoli are brilliant at defending but I'd more say its the work ethic of the attacking players, getting back in to position, to help the defensive players out, rather than the defensive players themselves playing well.

Preferred starting 11:

Cech

Ivanovic

Cahill

Luiz

Bertrand

Essien

Lampard

Ramires

Sturridge

Drogba

Mata

Does Drogba really deserve to be starting this game?? To be honest, he's been playing terrible for a long time, long before he left for ACON, and we saw against Birmingham how useless he was.

However, the sad thing is is that Torres has probably been worse (due mainly in my opinion to a complete lack of service) so it's a hard decision. I would start with Drogba because he's a big game player and he motivates the team and might be able to knock the Napoli defence around a bit, however, If I was AVB I would be prepared to bring on Torres as soon as Drogba fades or when the game opens up and Torres can use his pace to get past some tired defenders.

AVB must show the balls to change the tactics when the time is right. If the game opens up, then Torres would be more effective than a tired Drogba in my opinion. Lampard also HAS to start, with ramires and perhaps Essien. NO MEREILES!!

Cech

Ivanovic - Terry/Cahill - Luiz - Cole

Essien

Ramires Lampard

Sturridge Drogba Mata

*We all know AVB will play 4-3-3 so there's no point in suggesting a different formation :D

But don't you think it's a bit risky to play just 2 midfielders away from home in the Champions League?

-----------Drogba---------

Kalou-----Mata------Ramires

-------Essien---Romeu-------

A.Cole-------------------Ivanovic

--------J.Terry---Luiz-----------

This would be my ideal lineup for this specific match, but i can only wish

If we manage a draw away, this would be my squad for the home leg

------------------Torres--------------------

Kalou-----------------------------Sturridge

-------------Essien--Mata------------------

------------------Ramires--------------------

Dreading this game. This has the makings of being trully nasty to watch. Napoli aren't the best home team tho to be honest but i think they'll beat us at the Bridge so we have to win away. We've been awful at home and they've been great away. We'll be very lucky to get through this tie.

Dreading this game. This has the makings of being trully nasty to watch. Napoli aren't the best home team tho to be honest but i think they'll beat us at the Bridge so we have to win away.W e've been awful at home and they've been great away. We'll be very lucky to get through this tie.

I think players find it more difficult to play at home these days...

Maybe it was another thread/match...if that's the case my apologies.However, I can't figure out how you were close with that, seeing as how the score could have easily been in our favor. Granted we've been playing like shit, but that's bordering pessimism there..

Exactly but in what sense have I been wrong in making them predictions based on the way we are playing. you mentioned i'm making predictions based on match highlights. I'm not. All season we have been shit apart from Arsenal,Utd,Spurs...What did we get out of those games? Not one win. Games we have won we have been poor. Games we have lost or drew we have deserved to. I'm not gonna sit here like everyone else and say i'm confident against a team 10X better than birmingham (who we can't beat at home) when they are impressive and we are far from it. I'm a realist mate. I don't expect us to play well, cause this team doesn't.

Exactly but in what sense have I been wrong in making them predictions based on the way we are playing. you mentioned i'm making predictions based on match highlights. I'm not. All season we have been shit apart from Arsenal,Utd,Spurs...What did we get out of those games? Not one win. Games we have won we have been poor. Games we have lost or drew we have deserved to. I'm not gonna sit here like everyone else and say i'm confident against a team 10X better than birmingham (who we can't beat at home) when they are impressive and we are far from it. I'm a realist mate. I don't expect us to play well, cause this team doesn't.

I didn't mean you were literally watching match highlights and making predictions...I just got the impression that you were overly upset with the recent run of form and lost all hope. If you rationally believe that we are going to lose our next match then I have no qualms about it