Napoli v Chelsea

James

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be a incredibly though match I think. Napoli have a great big game mentality, they always manage to reach a very high level in big games while we've been vulnerable in most big games. Like TX said before, the best thing would be to let them have the ball. If we take initiative, we'll just play right into their hands and they'll murder us on the break, especially with our shaky defence.

Hopefully the coach will go with the 4-2-3-1 formation.

I think a 4-4-2 formation is best suited against Napoli and their 5man midfield. Quick counters will be the key to winning this fight and with that in mind I hope the formation will be:

--------------Cech---------------

Ivanovic Luiz Terry Cole/Bertrand

Ramires Romeu Lampard Mata

-------Sturridge Drogba ----------

Possibly Essien+mikel even instead of romeu/lampard. But perhaps that switch should be made if we're in a lead.

After seeing Torres hauled off, I think we are in a better position now. AVB will either spring a surprise and play Sturridge through the middle, or with Drogba we have a player that best compliments the likes of Mata and Lampard. I think we can get a 1-1 draw here.

i know 4-2-3-1 seems like a better option , but if there is one game where we should opt for the 4-3-3 then it's the napoli game , as we need to defend deep and hurt them on the counter using drogba's power and the pace of Ramires and Sturridge.

We can't lose this game , because as many said if we try to attack Napoli we will get hurt on the counter and we need to do the exact opposite of that , but if we lose we will have no other choice but to attack in the 2nd leg and it will be just like Inter 2 years ago.

We should have only one objective for the game avoid defeat , and if possible score an away goal.

Cole HAS to be fit... Bertrand is not in the CL team and the alternatives are Bosingwa/Ferreira, I don't want to think about this possibility :fainthv9:

Wasn't Bertrand included in the squad in January? A team can make 3 changes, we let Anelka and Alex go that means we got to register Cahill, Lukaku and Bertrand (and imo Ferreira got excluded).. No?

I don't understand all those pessimistic tips. We're a better team than Napoli and I'm sure we'll proceed to the next round... I can't wait for this match...

a lot of us are pessimist because of the poor performances we displayed lately... this team is a ship adrift!

I thought it was the other way around? Didn't AVB say after the match yesterday that JT is "very doubtful"?

Oh, then I'm not up to date :lol: . Andre said on thursday that JT will either play Birmingham or Napoli while Ashley has a 50-50 chance for Napoli. Didn't hear him talk about injuries yesterday.

Wasn't Bertrand included in the squad in January? A team can make 3 changes, we let Anelka and Alex go that means we got to register Cahill, Lukaku and Bertrand (and imo Ferreira got excluded).. No?

I don't know... I'll use my lunch break to check on the net (man I hope you're right!)