Andreas Christensen

Wilson

This fella just does not cut it. What happened to him? Under Conte, before the Barca clash, he was the first name on the sheet. But the CL knock out experience killed him. And Sarri then publicly took him down by saying he is shitting it before games.

Clearly not what we should have in the team. The sooner Lampard realizes it, the better for him.

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

He was weak even under Conte. 

Just not a top CB and won’t ever be. 

Yep, but the 3 at the back formation fit him so much better at least, it covered a lot of his flaws imo.

On 07/12/2019 at 4:32 PM, calculatingInfinity said:

Yep, but the 3 at the back formation fit him so much better at least, it covered a lot of his flaws imo.

I think defenders for whom 3 CB formation suits better are defenders who are just not that good. It suits them better because they have more cover - Luiz, Alonso, Moses are good examples. It made them look world class, stick them in a 4 and they would crumble. Conte realized that early and it transformed us. It's the system's strength, a 4-man backline simply requires better individuals who can fend for themselves.

I don't get what's happened to him. That half a season when he returned he was the best young defender in the world. He may have been helped with the formation but we played the same formation when he wasn't playing and our defense was drastically worse off.

The only two things I can think of is he either got complacent after signing his new contract or his first big drop in form ruined him.

27 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I don't get what's happened to him. That half a season when he returned he was the best young defender in the world. He may have been helped with the formation but we played the same formation when he wasn't playing and our defense were drastically worse off.

The only two things I can think of is he either got complacent after signing his new contract or his first big drop in form ruined him.

I have no clue, it has vexed me for years now

40 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I don't get what's happened to him. That half a season when he returned he was the best young defender in the world. He may have been helped with the formation but we played the same formation when he wasn't playing and our defense were drastically worse off.

I think he has lost belief in himself, he has stopped believing he is a top defender since that Barca game. Being dropped by Conte, humiliated by Sarri and having spells out injured probably destroyed his long-term confidence. It's a mental issue I believe because earlier he really was much better than now.

On 12/7/2019 at 2:24 PM, milan.cech said:

This fella just does not cut it. What happened to him? Under Conte, before the Barca clash, he was the first name on the sheet. But the CL knock out experience killed him. And Sarri then publicly took him down by saying he is shitting it before games.

Clearly not what we should have in the team. The sooner Lampard realizes it, the better for him.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/andreas-christensen-angers-maurizio-sarri-13898875

But it has emerged that Christensen did not stick around to see the final whistle. The Times reported on Wednesday that, having watched Sarri use his third and final substitution to introduce Callum Hudson-Odoi at the Emirates Stadium, the Danish defender decided to head to the dressing room to use the toilet.

Christensen did not reappear despite there still being 15 minutes, including stoppage time, of the game left to play but when asked about the incident Sarri insisted he was concerned about the health of his player.

“I was worried, more than anything," Sarri said, laughing. "You know very well that, on match days, Christensen always has stomach ache.

Related image

10 minutes ago, Vesper said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/andreas-christensen-angers-maurizio-sarri-13898875

But it has emerged that Christensen did not stick around to see the final whistle. The Times reported on Wednesday that, having watched Sarri use his third and final substitution to introduce Callum Hudson-Odoi at the Emirates Stadium, the Danish defender decided to head to the dressing room to use the toilet.

Christensen did not reappear despite there still being 15 minutes, including stoppage time, of the game left to play but when asked about the incident Sarri insisted he was concerned about the health of his player.

“I was worried, more than anything," Sarri said, laughing. "You know very well that, on match days, Christensen always has stomach ache.

Still can't believe Sarri said that. One of the most humiliating things I've heard a manager say about his player.

• 5 weeks later...
20 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Apparently wanted by Milan. 40m + Chris for Romagnoli? 

But it looks like he don't want to leave Italy and it seems Frank prefers physical CBs plus Raiola factor so never gonna happen. 

You must be dreamimg haha.

AC Milan may be interested in Andreas but they arent daft, they will have been tracking him and seen how he has fared this last year. They want him on loan with an obligation to buy so they obviously want to see if he can make an impact before committing too.

No chance they would accept such a fee and Andreas for their captain who is a very good player. Would be like offering 40m and Caballero for Donnarumma... 

Lampard on selling Christensen...

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2020/01/10/frank-lampard-rules-trio-out--updates-on-january-speculation-and?_branch_match_id=744198548489059432

‘I can rule that out. I like Andreas as a player, I used to train with him and saw the talent coming through and I want him to be the best that he can be. You see the height, the athleticism and the quality on the ball, particularly his choice of pass, and I want him to be all the things he can be.

‘The reality is we have competition at centre-back so most weeks two of them won’t be that happy, one particularly not happy, but as with all the players I want to work on parts of their game that I think they can improve.

‘Against Aston Villa, I thought he was immense and then sometimes if we are coming up against teams who are physical then Andreas really has to stand up to that and I don’t mind saying that. He knows that and needs to know that but those little bits in his game can really make him the fantastic centre-half that I think he can be.’