Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

I'd rather him play 30+ games for Genk in a season than 10+ games for the Reserves. That is if he doesn't cut the first team.

If he doesn't make the first team ahead of Kalouda right away then it would be a sign of worry

What really doesn't make sense to me, is that... we've let Anelka leave for China, allowed Kalou to go to the ACON, we sign De Bruyne, and now we're loaning him away from us...

.. if the club knew any better, surely they would have figured out that De Bruyne is the one replacing deadwood wingers in our side, not just another loaned out player... idiots!

I don't understand, you guys are talking as if the deal has been done and confirmed. Is there any source confirming that we signed him and are loaning him back, or are we criticizing the board in advance for the heck of it? Talk about the influence of rumours on people...

Anyway, if this is true, then I imagine Genk themselves have asked for this option. Maybe it's for the better, he seemed raw in the games against us, and a Belgian fellow who's keeping us updated on him, keeps saying that he hasn't been playing very good lately. Better he came here on a high rather than in shaky form to face new and tougher challenges.

I don't understand, you guys are talking as if the deal has been done and confirmed. Is there any source confirming that we signed him and are loaning him back, or are we criticizing the board in advance for the heck of it? Talk about the influence of rumours on people...

Anyway, if this is true, then I imagine Genk themselves have asked for this option. Maybe it's for the better, he seemed raw in the games against us, and a Belgian fellow who's keeping us updated on him, keeps saying that he hasn't been playing very good lately. Better he came here on a high rather than in shaky form to face new and tougher challenges.

Perhaps some memebers of the forum are clairvoyant?

Good old CFC...either buy youngsters and dump them on loan or buy superstars who are past it...

so what category does players like Luiz, Ramires, Romeu, Mata, A.Cole, Carvalho, Ivanovic, Robben, Essien, Drogba ect come under?

so what category does players like Luiz, Ramires, Romeu, Mata, A.Cole, Carvalho, Ivanovic, Robben, Essien, Drogba ect come under?

The third invisible category obviously. If you have played any of the older Final Fantasy games, you would be familiar with Invisible Option.

How fast is this player? I know he has pretty damn good vision, very good dribbling skills and a very powerful shot, but speed is always a bonus.

You did not understand me. First, Essien, Drogba, Robben, Cole and Carvalho transfers have happened some time ago.

Second, I did not say we have never made a good transfer. Point is that instead of bringing a player to help the team to a top 4 finish which is essential for our club right now we will loan him back.

We played Anelka off position. Now we do the same to Sturridge. We brought Zhirkov and kept him on the bench. We brought Torres who was well known not to be at his best and look what's the situation now. So many youngsters before and now and yet our old Jose spine remains the key.

I am not saying that De Bruyne transfer is a bad one. He may turn out to be the bargain of the season. He is young and has a natural ability. It's just annoying to see him loaned back when we lack depth and quality at the wing positions.

Breaking news on SSN genk confirm chelsea are in talk with them for De Bruyne

its the right sort of move to make. I make no secret of my uncertainty in his ability but I'm happy to have him prove me wrong. Young, hungry for success and wont be on massive wages.

A loan back deal is no good to us whatsoever, he will get no chance to taste prem, risking injury at another club, Doesn't he play left wing too? Can remember him being one of Genk's better players on the left for them this season?

-------Essien-------

-----Ramiers---------

---------Mata-----------

Sturridge----Torres-----De Bruyne

???

The third invisible category obviously. If you have played any of the older Final Fantasy games, you would be familiar with Invisible Option.

How fast is this player? I know he has pretty damn good vision, very good dribbling skills and a very powerful shot, but speed is always a bonus.

Sadly he's not really fast, kind of Mata-ish.