Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

The latest from the horse's mouth:

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/129257.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

From what I've witnessed of De Bruyne, I would say he's very good at passing. Not that much pace relative to his position, and I don't see his dribbling opening up a PL defense at this stage of his career. If we can get him cheap and he has no delusions of waltzing into the first team, so much the better. He should not be a top priority though.

The latest from the horse's mouth:

http://www.espn.co.u...tml?CMP=OTC-RSS

From what I've witnessed of De Bruyne, I would say he's very good at passing. Not that much pace relative to his position, and I don't see his dribbling opening up a PL defense at this stage of his career. If we can get him cheap and he has no delusions of waltzing into the first team, so much the better. He should not be a top priority though.

I can think of quite a number of EPL defenders who would be eating grass when facing a move like this :)!

^^ cynicism aside, I think everyone's watering at the mouth over this kid cuz after years of kalouda's and bosingwas crosses sailing out over the goal line...they really wanna see someone who can cross well. If hes mediocre at best at everything else, I feel like he's a really good crosser.

######

I've been following De Bruyne for the last couple of years now.

It all depends on what you're looking for. If the fans want him to be a star player of the team next season, who is able to perform at top level week after week... than I don't think it's the right time to buy De Bruyne already. But than again, with Malouda, Mata & Sturridge on the wings (possible bidding for Hazard + others)... would we need to expect from De Bruyne to be a starting player next year?

In my opinion De Bruyne absolutely has the quality to grow to star level in the near future! He has got an amazing technique, great dribbles, he's very fast and has one of the best strikes with BOTH his feet I have seen in recent years (do I hear freekick problems solved :)?)! And maybe more importantly for a winger... he can cross the ball like a boss => bringing in a lot of assists every season!

So would it be a good moment to buy a boy (only 20 years old) who still needs to work hard every training to improve? IMO it absolutely is! First and for all he's a steal at this moment (for around 6 Million euros he can be a blue) and secondly he has all the potential to become a star player in the near future.

My conclusion would be: Buy him now and let him taste of EPL experience from time to time and use him as a starter in League Cup & FA Cup games! The boy doesn't want to play for Genk any more the next season and has no problems to be used as a sub at this moment in his career. OR we can wait another 3 years for him to be 23 years and has proven himself in a European mid-table club demanding now 30 Million for him.

ps: But don't forget that even Mata sometimes fails to play at wordclass every single week!

A 30 second youtube clip of course has no value if you want to judge a player's quality. But since you did not put effort in following the Belgian League the last two years (who blames you B) )... You will have to do it with a 3 minute youtube clip :D

^^ cynicism aside, I think everyone's watering at the mouth over this kid

######

lol,Did you watch him at all in the champions league? Im not slating him cause he is still young but your quote is as far fetched as a bucket of shite from china mate

^^ lol so he's not a world beater yet, but he's a better crosser than those we have, with the exception of mata. That was sorta the point I was getting at.

######

yeah that was his stand out ability for me the fact that he can see a good pass and make it.