Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

I understand that you may like him a lot, but fact is he didn't wanted to stay, not that we let him go!

Okay, but if you're not getting any significant play time, especially the season before a WC, it's a logical consequence that a player will want to leave.

So if I say "we let him go" I actually mean "we haven't given him enough play time".

I know, we had other options, no need to name all the players. But still a shame if you look at how good he can be.

That's of course the risk of signing talented players at such young age. By the time they are ripe to play first team, they are often fed up with the club for not having gotten their chance yet (I know there are exceptions), and another club benefits from it.

It's good business money wise, but a shame in terms of football. Who knows, maybe he'll be back one day, like Matic.

I just can't give you an example in English, because the sound doesn't seem to exist in that language...

Here's a video where Kevin pronounches his own name at 0:06.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG4GOzoKEo8

He says: "Ik ben Kevin De Bruyne" which means "I am Kevin De Bruyne" (duh)

So you can try to imitate the pronounciation from this vid :)

Okay, but if you're not getting any significant play time, especially the season before a WC, it's a logical consequence that a player will want to leave.

So if I say "we let him go" I actually mean "we haven't given him enough play time".

I know, we had other options, no need to name all the players. But still a shame if you look at how good he can be.

That's of course the risk of signing talented players at such young age. By the time they are ripe to play first team, they are often fed up with the club for not having gotten their chance yet (I know there are exceptions), and another club benefits from it.

It's good business money wise, but a shame in terms of football. Who knows, maybe he'll be back one day, like Matic.

I'm with you on this. I also am sorry for Kevin that he is not in the club,certainty as a footballer he has tremendous qualities, but a decision has been made. Nothing we can do about it. I hope that some day he can return to the club, but I doubt it!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

JAGIELKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Apparently he's created the 2nd most chances in Europe this season behind Messi. Hopefully, he earns himself a move to a bigger club soon.

Was even more difficult then Jagielka's goal imo. Quality strike.

Created a few good chances yesterday, sadly his teammates aren't capable of quality finishing.

Would love to see him move to a bigger club (f.e. Atletico when Koke leaves).

Created a few good chances yesterday, sadly his teammates aren't capable of quality finishing.

Yes, that's a big problem. Wolfsburg is pretty much a shit side except for De Bruyne & Olic. The two of them do amazing things on the pitch, but it just stops from the moment they pass the ball to a team mate. De Bruyne deserves a way bigger club, just hold on for a season and hope for Dortmund or Bayern Munich to stop by ...

Yes, that's a big problem. Wolfsburg is pretty much a shit side except for De Bruyne & Olic. The two of them do amazing things on the pitch, but it just stops from the moment they pass the ball to a team mate. De Bruyne deserves a way bigger club, just hold on for a season and hope for Dortmund or Bayern Munich to stop by ...

Arnold, Malanda, Rodriguez, Perisic and Gustavo are pretty decent players too, but none of them are strikers. With a quality striker their midfield would get a lot more assists. They should have bought one in the summer, they got Bendtner instead.