Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

You can't really say that KDB play again weak teams...

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/country/seasoncountry/index.html

The Bundesliga is well rated this season, better than the premier league when you see the like of QPR, Reading etc...

But this discussion is wrong KDB > Oscar ? Oscar < KDB?

Of course Oscar is the better nb 10 of them, but KDB is a better all round product for wing, midfield, cm...

Oscar should only play in the 10 place, he is one of the best prospect there. He should compete with mata for this spot, and only this one. While KDB could compete for the lampard role in 4-3-3 or like deep lying playmaker in the double pivot or as winger only from bench to rest people.

What I will say is that loaning them KDB and buying Marin is up there as some of the worst business the club has ever done.

Well may be this was bad business concerning Marin, but i'm sure he didn't show all the talent he's got. Today is the kind of game he should have started while resting Mata and Oscar should be the nb 10 again!

But the loan was great for KDB no doubt about that.

Lamps was very offensive playmaker in 4:3:3, why Mata cant do the same?

Besides if we had Wanyama, the guy can evolve in next Essien/Yaya and we wouldnt even need two midfielders with strong defensive abilities (Mikel and Rambo). Dont forget that we want to play nice passing football and with Rambo that will never happen. Hes passing and playmaking skills are weak unless you want him use in counter attack formation. If Iniesta can play in three man midfield with xavi and Busquets, I dont see why Mata couldnt. But in that case we obviously need someone more pacy than Mikel in DM (Wanyama for example).

Wanyama's okay but you're overrating him.

You can't have Mata in midfield if we have KDB there either, especially if you think KDB is too offensive for the pivot. Doesn't make sense.

That's great and I look forward to seeing him in a Chelsea shirt.

I think people are starting overrate KDB because of what he's doing in Germany against weak teams. What has he done against Dortmund, Bayern etc? I'm sure if we loaned Oscar to the Bundesliga he would be putting in great performances every weekend too.

Bremen got destroyed by Dortmund but KDB actually played really well, easily Bremen's best player and look on par class-wise to Dortmund players.

Yeah, I agree, he's way too direct to be playing in the pivot. More reason for us to switch to a 4-3-3, it'll benefit everyone except Mata, but not like Mata can't play in a 4-3-3, he just wouldn't be as good but surely we should try it next season.

Cech

Azpi - Luiz - Terry - Cole

Mikel

Ramires - KDB/Oscar

Mata - Ba - Hazard

Lovely lineup, against even smaller teams oscar could play instead of ramires. Possesion would be 90% - 10%

Cech

Mikel

oscar - KDB

Mata - Ba - Hazard

He wouldnt be cm, but CAM.

Like this

---------Wanyama---------

-----------------Kdb-----

-----Mata----------------

-Moses-----Ba-----Hazard-

Also, Moses has all potential to be starter, he offers lot of pace and second option in attack.

So a 4231..?

What I will say is that loaning them KDB and buying Marin is up there as some of the worst business the club has ever done.

Buying Marin has been meh, but of course not every club will get every transfer right. I definitely agree with loaning KDB out though.

Lovely lineup, against even smaller teams oscar could play instead of ramires. Possesion would be 90% - 10%

Cech

Mikel

oscar - KDB

Mata - Ba - Hazard

This is what I think. While I don't think changing formation is the be all and end alls to our problems, I do think it would suit the players we have next season.

One thing I would be wary bout would he a lessened effect of Mata - but he was still good there last season in a 4-3-3, and he has improved even further since then. The space he leaves can then be exploited by Azpi. Another thing I wasn't so sure about was Hazard as a goal threat, but he's definitely improved that in recent weeks - could be the more direct option.

I also agree with you about midfield - having a choice of any two of Oscar, Ramires and KDB would be great. Very adaptable and different players, yet all good. Mikel and Romeu are both top holding players. Problem comes with the last midfielder - ideally we need 6. Maybe could be Lampard, and then the season after McEachran/Chalobah will be ready to step up.