Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

Maybe the scout not saying much to De Bruyne isn't actually a bad thing. He hasn't exactly been the best midfielder in the Bundesliga at Werder (especially in this new year) so doesn't deserve special praise and having his bum kissed, but at the same time he hasn't been bad at all (he's been good & solid I'm sure we could all agree), thus there's not actually really any comments for a scout to make other than 'keep going' as the loan is going as planned. Also, since the scout likely has little to no say in whether we even bring De Bruyne back at any point, he probably couldn't say anything with conviction to Kevin.

Oh yeah. I can't quite decide in my own head whether the amount he speaks about Chelsea to the media is ballsy & perhaps disrespectful or if it's actually purely confidence in his own ability. If it's the latter, I think from his personality alone he's showing that he will be a captain at a top club one day.

P.S. - Unrelated, but I'm wanting to start following football in Belgium again. I watched around 10 games a season for 2 years straight a few years ago, but nothing since then. WHICH TEAM SHOULD I FOLLOW!?

Whatever the result they intend, I want Kevin here next year. Man managment is all about style-flexibility in commmunication and handling.

If kevin would drop out (consider he knows our cm positions are thin now, consider he realizes how good he is/can be) what they did IS a bad thing. In any business losing an asset like this would get you fired.

Whatever the result they intend, I want Kevin here next year. Man managment is all about style-flexibility in commmunication and handling.

If kevin would drop out (consider he knows our cm positions are thin now, consider he realizes how good he is/can be) what they did IS a bad thing. In any business losing an asset like this would get you fired.

Do not let´em get away with saying they watched highlights only. We both saw him play for the whole game. The kid has it all & some. I am going out of my way here & post the following: Kevin can be as good as Hazard or very close to him & will be a better goal scorer. OK you read it first.

Just one additional post here:

Most folks here are dreaming about Cavani, Falcao, as strikers. Meanwhile, Chelsea have got these kids out on loans who can strengthen the midfield so much, bring Lukaku in & the club is in fine shape for years ahead.

Just one additional post here:

Most folks here are dreaming about Cavani, Falcao, as strikers. Meanwhile, Chelsea have got these kids out on loans who can strengthen the midfield so much, bring Lukaku in & the club is in fine shape for years ahead.

I believe the club thinks in this same way. That's why the squad is so thin and just one striker brought in because Sturridge wanted out so they needed cover. Having Rafa who was there when Torres was great and now looking at the results with both of them will make Roman realize it's a lost cause and having spent a season in the EPL did Lukaku a lot of good. Belgium's national squad is on the rise and Chelsea want to benefit from that having several of the starters in their club. Hazard wants De Bruyne in the squad and it'll happen for sure. I feel like I'm giving Emenalo credit here and maybe when all is said and done he'll look like a genius but him allegedly suggesting Rafa irks me but I can see why when so much was paid for Torres and they wanted their investment to pay dividends.

I believe the club thinks in this same way. That's why the squad is so thin and just one striker brought in because Sturridge wanted out so they needed cover. Having Rafa who was there when Torres was great and now looking at the results with both of them will make Roman realize it's a lost cause and having spent a season in the EPL did Lukaku a lot of good. Belgium's national squad is on the rise and Chelsea want to benefit from that having several of the starters in their club. Hazard wants De Bruyne in the squad and it'll happen for sure. I feel like I'm giving Emenalo credit here and maybe when all is said and done he'll look like a genius but him allegedly suggesting Rafa irks me but I can see why when so much was paid for Torres and they wanted their investment to pay dividends.

the link up between KDB and hazard was great,im quite sure eden want him here.

went to the game the other night and was realy impressed by that first half,some moments the team was magical.

few years ago belgium was total rubbish and suddenly we got a potential world class team lol

Oh yeah. I can't quite decide in my own head whether the amount he speaks about Chelsea to the media is ballsy & perhaps disrespectful or if it's actually purely confidence in his own ability. If it's the latter, I think from his personality alone he's showing that he will be a captain at a top club one day.

P.S. - Unrelated, but I'm wanting to start following football in Belgium again. I watched around 10 games a season for 2 years straight a few years ago, but nothing since then. WHICH TEAM SHOULD I FOLLOW!?

Why would you want to follow Belgian football? It's awful ^^

If you really want to, follow Anderlecht (and see this guy in my avatar play) and perhaps Genk. The rest is rubbish.

You could watch some Zulte-Waregem games and see Thorgan Hazard in action. He's overrated on English boards. I for one think he won't play a single game for Chelsea.

Why would you want to follow Belgian football? It's awful ^^

If you really want to, follow Anderlecht (and see this guy in my avatar play) and perhaps Genk. The rest is rubbish.

You could watch some Zulte-Waregem games and see Thorgan Hazard in action. He's overrated on English boards. I for one think he won't play a single game for Chelsea.

Praet is for me one of the most promising belgian prospect.

He is a 18years mata-like

I'm a big fan of him

This is food for thought. What if indeed we immensely fail on the man management level. Too instrumental, too result driven, too nuts and bolts, formal and dry and simply forget the human factor; after all, this is still a game in which a motivational, confidence-wise, psychological aspect is of the utmost importance. I know some tend to neglect this or even discard the importance but really good players with confidence do really perform better. This is no secret 'cause a lot of empirical data/research exist on this matter with sometimes astonishing/surprising results.

I do feel we see our team is increasingly being handled very one-directionally business-wise. Sometimes players look like 'shares on a stock market' (eg. our loanees). Oscar, KDB, and even Eden seem to need this 'soft' mental factor in the mix and it is not there. I am sure even our legends feel it now ... Hence the fucked up result and performances.

I hope KDB doesn't give up on us ...

I think you’re right, stingray. This club has clearly shifted to a more business model, profit-centered approach, which (as you mentioned) explains why we keep churning players out on loan (even though this has come at the expense of our squad depth) and I guess I agree with you…..when you have an environment in which so much emphasis is on profits, short term results and very little on fan engagement, well the implication is that the “human” aspects of the game become devalued. Aspects like pride, passion, commitment, resilience - aspects that motivates players to “keep on trekking” even when being hammered by the opposition.

When I read KDB’s comments about that cfc scout only talking to him for a mere 5 mins, or even about the treatment of Alex and Anelka last season & Malouda this season, or the manner in which the club is handling SFL's contract extension and the most hurtful of all….the way the club just disposed of Robbie (who I grew up watching)……it just leaves a bad taste and perhaps this all supports exactly what you're saying.

What dividends Chelsea have got out of Ferda so far ?

I know, one clown on the pitch, an amusement show, hide & seek show...

That quote from KDB about Chelsea was lifted from an interview on DH.be..

http://www.dhnet.be/sports/diables-rouges/article/424087/de-bruyne-chelsea-m-a-dit-que-je-progresse-bien.html

Reading the original article, and comparing it the the insidefutball one, the later seems a bit out of context.

For starters , KDB never appears to have said that he thinks Chelsea dont want him back.

He just said a Chelsea scout told him hes progressing well, but that hes focussed on Werder for now.

http://www.dhnet.be/sports/diables-rouges/article/424087/de-bruyne-chelsea-m-a-dit-que-je-progresse-bien.html

Reading the original article, and comparing it the the insidefutball one, the later seems a bit out of context.

For starters , KDB never appears to have said that he thinks Chelsea dont want him back.

He just said a Chelsea scout told him hes progressing well, but that hes focussed on Werder for now.

The 5 minute scout story is in it though. The mistranslation is more in this quote:

Êtes-vous prêt pour ce grand pas ?

Je vais vous faire un aveu : je ny pense pas. À Brême, je ne parle même jamais de Chelsea. Tout ce qui mintéresse pour le moment, cest de prendre plus de points avec le Werder (NdlR : le club nest que 11e avec 25 points).

Translation: are you ready for that big step (going to Chelsea)?

"I will make you a confession : I don't think about it, in Bremen I never talk about Chelsea. All that interests me for the moment is getting the points with Bremen.

So yeah, thanks @Mak. Insidefootball fucked up. They put the 'do the blues want you back for the next campaign' instead of the original question: 'are you ready for that big step?'

Incredible actually ...

I'm not surprised.

The 5 minute scout story is in it though. The mistranslation is more in this quote:

Êtes-vous prêt pour ce grand pas ?

Je vais vous faire un aveu : je ny pense pas. À Brême, je ne parle même jamais de Chelsea. Tout ce qui mintéresse pour le moment, cest de prendre plus de points avec le Werder (NdlR : le club nest que 11e avec 25 points).

Translation: are you ready for that big step (going to Chelsea)?

"I will make you a confession : I don't think about it, in Bremen I never talk about Chelsea. All that interests me for the moment is getting the points with Bremen.

So yeah, thanks @Mak. Insidefootball fucked up. They put the 'do the blues want you back for the next campaign' instead of the original question: 'are you ready for that big step?'

Incredible actually ...

i wouldnt calling fucking up as in not knowing how to translate. I'd call this deliberatly putting a negative spin on a story.

How you go from an article with the headline "Chelsea tells me i'm progressing well" to an article with the headline "I dont think Chelsea want me back" i dont know, there has to be some intent there to stir shit up.

This shouldnt come as a surprise though. we've seen the English press do the same with Lukaku and Hazard.

They probably do it to players of other nationalities too, its just that we rarely get to see the original articles in those cases