Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year people said Cahill was the best CB in the EPL.

I said it was the system.

I wonder what people think now of cahill.

I still think he is up there. Thought he was quality once again today. It is something that most fans seem to do in terms of being harsh on our players. Other fans and pundits see different. For instance earlier in the match, the commentator said something down the lines of "Cahill has really turned into an excellent all round CB". But basically giving him huge compliments.

Despite his flaws he is one of my favourite players. Think he is a quality CB. Reminds me of Koscielny. Both rash, like to play a bit on the ball but both are quality defenders.

I still think he is up there. Thought he was quality once again today. It is something that most fans seem to do in terms of being harsh on our players. Other fans and pundits see different. For instance earlier in the match, the commentator said something down the lines of "Cahill has really turned into an excellent all round CB". But basically giving him huge compliments.

Despite his flaws he is one of my favourite players. Think he is a quality CB. Reminds me of Koscielny. Both rash, like to play a bit on the ball but both are quality defenders.

Koscielny is one level up from Cahill I think. A lot more comfortable on the ball and a lot more proactive too. Faster as well.

Koscielny is one level up from Cahill I think. A lot more comfortable on the ball and a lot more proactive too. Faster as well.

I rate them about the same. Cahill times his tackles to perfection most times while Koscielny is a bit more rash and concedes penalties much more often.

I agree.

He gets vilified quite a bit, but Koscielny is probably the best 1v1 defender in the BPL and the most agressive (now that Luiz is not here)

You don't have to be a world class player to be an amazing captain.. look at Roy Keane.

Roy Keane wasn't world class? I'm sorry this is the guy who was assigned to man mark Zinedine Zidane... fucking Zizou of all people... and did very, very well, nulifiying him which was a big big factor as to how United beat Juventus and got to the Champions League final. Roy Keane was definitely a world class footballer in those days.

Anyway about time Gary scored a goal....

What in the world was the thought process going through his head when he dived to 'save' that Gerrard shot? It wasn't dangerous what so ever. It had no pace and was always going wide. Now the media are acting like Liverpool got robbed when they had zero chances in the second half.

Sterling's effort. That could have gone anywhere with a lucky ricochet which is why I don't like defenders backing off.

Yeah, I remembered that after I made the comment. But even that came completely against the run of play. We were completely on top at that moment and wasting chances and they got that chance on the counter when Iva was out of position.

Still, with all the possession they had, it is shocking how little chances they manged to create.

Yeah, I remembered that after I made the comment. But even that came completely against the run of play. We were completely on top at that moment and wasting chances and they got that chance on the counter when Iva was out of position. Still, with all the possession they had, it is shocking how little chances they manged to create.

I'm sure Ivanovic was in position for that chance as he was the one backing off. But yeah they are nowhere near the team of last season.

What in the world was the thought process going through his head when he dived to 'save' that Gerrard shot? It wasn't dangerous what so ever. It had no pace and was always going wide. Now the media are acting like Liverpool got robbed when they had zero chances in the second half.

simple thought process, be the main line of defence and always think of the worst case scenario. GC did exactly that though not very well. i think he had enough time to actually move rather than move just his upper body.

simple thought process, be the main line of defence and always think of the worst case scenario. GC did exactly that though not very well. i think he had enough time to actually move rather than move just his upper body.

You NEVER dive in with your hands, especially in the box. Plus, he shouldn't be trying to block that when it was so far away from him because he would at best deflect it which would throw the keeper off.

And why is he going for that with his upper body? Much easier to reach it with his feet.