Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have said it for a while, If we sign a new centre half it will be Cahill who makes way not Terry.

Yeah me too.

That's why I was surprised we didn't sign a CB in the summer when we got rid of David Luiz.

Unless Mourinho moves Ivan at CB and uses Azpi and Luis on each side, something we thought at the beginning of the season could happen.

But who you think would be a good buy? Do you buy into those Pique rumors?

Yeah me too.

That's why I was surprised we didn't sign a CB in the summer when we got rid of David Luiz.

Unless Mourinho moves Ivan at CB and uses Azpi and Luis on each side, something we thought at the beginning of the season could happen.

But who you think would be a good buy? Do you buy into those Pique rumors?

I definitely think Mou is exploring the possibilities, honestly wouldn't surprise me if Gazza is 4th choice at the start of next season behind Terry, our new CB and Zouma.

Had shocker today, but the rage here is unbelievable.

I think Azpi-Iva-Terry-Luis should be tried, but as far as I know Mou, he will keep Cahill in starting 11 until we sign another Cb.

And Cahill will sooner or later play good and this thread will jump on his bandwagon again...

Future captain some would say.

Hey that's nothing to the future captain some said David Luiz would be....

Wow, when this forum turns.. it really doesn't hold back :lol:.

Yeah Cahill's culpable today and yeah he's not as good as everyone thought he was when put on his pedestal. It's not his fault that he's limited in terms of ability, lets not forget he's still good. You can still call on him to do his job professionally and most times he will do it without making these sorts of mistakes.

As this squad evolves, we'll see that the combination of Terry-Cahill isn't the right sort of set up for what Mourinho's trying to achieve. Good with the dirty stuff, not so good at kick starting the play - kind of the opposite end of the spectrum to David Luiz.

I don't know if Zouma fits the profile, but he's clearly our third choice centre back (as seen recently) & he'll keep getting his chance either alongside Terry or Cahill. We probably will sign a CB in July-August 2015 though.

Yeah I think that was obvious from September. Just that many people don't focus on that stuff because we was winning.

This is why If wonder the whole Pique to Chelsea was a rumor or something on real facts.

Pique and Terry might be good to be fair. Pique was good with a rock like Puyol, so I wonder if it can be the same here for a season or two with Terry by his side.

Yeah I think that was obvious from September. Just that many people don't focus on that stuff because we was winning.

This is why If wonder the whole Pique to Chelsea was a rumor or something on real facts.

Pique and Terry might be good to be fair. Pique was good with a rock like Puyol, so I wonder if it can be the same here for a season or two with Terry by his side.

I noticed it last season to be honest, but I guess to say 'decline' wouldn't be a total exaggeration.

Yeah I get what you mean and in the market I guess Pique is the option that is the most open. Then there's guys like Hummels and Subotic that may become available in the summer window too.. So there are possibilities. For this season I think we can make do with Cahill, Zouma, Terry & Ivanovic. They've all got a mistake in them, but we don't concede nearly as much, from them, than we should.

For all we know, Jose did want a new defensive outlook this season, But with the club trying to comply with FFP, hands become tied.

I noticed it last season to be honest, but I guess to say 'decline' wouldn't be a total exaggeration.

Yeah I get what you mean and in the market I guess Pique is the option that is the most open. Then there's guys like Hummels and Subotic that may become available in the summer window too.. So there are possibilities. For this season I think we can make do with Cahill, Zouma, Terry & Ivanovic. They've all got a mistake in them, but we don't concede nearly as much, from them, than we should.

For all we know, Jose did want a new defensive outlook this season, But with the club trying to comply with FFP, hands become tied.

Pique is probably more mistake prone than any of our CBs including Cahill.

He was good few years ago, but he is not that defender anymore. And hoping that he might become good again with Terry as partner is risk. Terry wont be here forever and even if he was, there is no guaranty that Pique would play any better.

Theoreticaly, he is almost perfect. Age, experience, size. But he is a mental bomb and I feel he would cost us in big games. We need winners with good mentality. And he is slow as fuck, him and Terry would be slowest pair in europe.

I would much rather try to get Godin or Chiellini if we will even target another CB anytime soon. Varane is impossible dream though. Maybe Laporte but he is quite inexperienced. Could work well if Terry stays for two more years and then gets replaced by Zouma.

Cahill would be a perfect backup player.

However, Chelsea will soon need 2 cbs after JT retires or declines... Zouma is not ready to take over.

I still believe Phil Jones if available would be the perfect cb for Chelsea, but that is a pipe dream.

From being in the team of the year to making a few mistakes and suddenly there is a meltdown. WOW. People really just ignore all the good games he has had. It was the same with Oscar when he was playing poor. Some were saying he was saving his form for Brazil and should be sold to PSG if they make an offer. Just beyong belief sometimes. He was poor today but do I reckon he will learn and come good? Of course. No such thing as faith on these forums sometimes.

There is no meltdown as some of us just don't expect wc performances from Cahill.

However, I also remember a few of us warning that cahill would be more exposed if we changed our style of play, which we did with fabregas in cm.

Unsurprisingly tbh, John terry looks less bothered by the additional exposure this season.