Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

Terry and Cahill made ONE tackle between them. They're afraid to get beaten for pace so back off until players either shoot or pass, it's pathetic.

I though Luis was good, he won the ball several times and delivered some quality crosses; really impressive debut in my opinion.

Move Ivan to CB for either and play Dave at RB. Next summer sign Varane while releasing Terry= set for the next God knows how many years.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jose should have him do lines: "Must not back off near box"

1000 times. Each letter in different colored pen!

Just like I've been saying (or said), it's all good when the defence was tight and compact last season, which helped him from being exploited and to perform well. But the minute we look more open and expose him to 1 v 1 situations or similar ones, his weaknesses are still there and clear as broad daylight. Even he had somewhat of a nightmare dealing with Gomis at the weekend.

He is still a great defender he just had a bad day, stop overreacting guys. Remember how he played against City last year?

Remember how we set up vs City last year?

As already pointed out by several people, Cahill and Terry were protected by our defensive system. Cahill more so than Terry since the latter still has great anticipation to put himself in the right position 95% of the time. Cahill on the other hand...

WOW. The knee-jerk reactions we get on here sometimes says how unforgiving some of our fans are. People saying he is only made to look good because he is at Chelsea, overrated etc. Just OTT. I accept he has his flaws like every other CB does (they are human IIRC) but it can't be denied that he has a lot of qualities as well. Simply amazing how fans are so quick to turn their back on our players after 1-2 sloppy performances but they seem to forget the games he performed excellently in. This is a player who deservedly got into the PFA team of the year last season but as I was saying there are too many knee-jerk reactions so I am not surprised. Can't wait to see the changes in opinions when he is back at his best. Memories are very vague with some people. All top CB make errors like Cahill but they also have qualities and if people can't see that in Cahill, we are obviously not watching the same games.

He is still a great defender he just had a bad day, stop overreacting guys. Remember how he played against City last year?

That's the thing with the city game, we parked the bus.

When we park the bus players like mikel look amazing.

Now that we are trying to be more open you can see how poor they are.

That's the thing with the city game, we parked the bus.

When we park the bus players like mikel look amazing.

Now that we are trying to be more open you can see how poor they are.

We didn't park the bus against City at all...

Park the bus and counter attack.

That's what I can remember.

You should watch the game again then. There's a massive difference between parking the bus (I.e. like we did against Atletico away last season) and setting up to counter attack.

The 1-0 flattered City, we could've scored 2 more in that game had we been more clinical. It was one of our best performances last season.

You should watch the game again then. There's a massive difference between parking the bus (I.e. like we did against Atletico away last season) and setting up to counter attack.

The 1-0 flattered City, we could've scored 2 more in that game had we been more clinical. It was one of our best performances last season.

Well then I guess my point should also extend to counter attack.

Cause when you park the bus and counter attack your defense is more sitted at the back and not often exposed.

When you play a high line, high pressing game your defense will be more exposed.

This is where fast cb will also helped in getting recovery as well being more aggressive in their tackles.

Well then I guess my point should also extend to counter attack.

Cause when you park the bus and counter attack your defense is more sitted at the back and not often exposed.

When you play a high line, high pressing game your defense will be more exposed.

This is where fast cb will also helped in getting recovery as well being more aggressive in their tackles.

I'm not disputing your latter point, I'm just saying that saying that we parked the bus against City is completely wrong. Setting up to counter attack and being a bit more cautious doesn't automatically mean you're parking the bus...