Frank Lampard

DavidEU

We have played 4-3-3 flat for almost a decade, there are no CAM's in that formation.

Lampard---------------Tiago

------------Makelele---------

Lampard-----------Essien-------

------------Makelele------------

Lampard-----------Ballack--------

------------Essien-----------------

Lampard----------Essien---------

------------Mikel------------------

Lampard----------Ramires

-----------Mikel------------

----------------Mata------------

-------Lampard---Mikel-------

There have been exception when Lampard played behind the striker, example like when we brought Sheva we tried to play him along Drogba with Lampard behind them. Under Scolari beginning of the season, And also Carlo experimenting the diamond formation with Lampard in the hole.

I can see why you think he is a CAM because of his goals and assists, but he doesn't play behind the striker.

Not always, usually changes between 433, 442 and 41212. Even if it is a 433 he's always in midfield pushing forward, might not be a CAM role in there, but he still plays as a CAM.

Not always, usually changes between 433, 442 and 41212. Even if it is a 433 he's always in midfield pushing forward, might not be a CAM role in there, but he still plays as a CAM.

You're confusing CAM and a ATTACKING central midfielder. No ones's disputing Lampard wasn't an ATTACKING central midfielder, but he rarely played in the CAM position, otherwise known as the position behind the striker, the position Mata plays.

If you've followed Lampard's CFC career you'll see his trademark is his runs from deep. You can't play the CAM position and start your runs from deep, it's why Lamps was ineffective when he was tried in that position.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Used to think very highly of Lamps, has changed significantly and now everytime i think of him, his comment on television, that he likes RDM because he plays him more than "the other guy" really pisses me off. Even if he said plays him more than "the previous manager" or any other words, its would have been ok.

Even if Frank had a bad relationship with AVB, which he did, to say that on television ..... thats very disrespectful in general and takes away from the classy behavior he shows in years gone by.

Used to think very highly of Lamps, has changed significantly and now everytime i think of him, his comment on television, that he likes RDM because he plays him more than "the other guy" really pisses me off. Even if he said plays him more than "the previous manager" or any other words, its would have been ok.

Even if Frank had a bad relationship with AVB, which he did, to say that on television ..... thats very disrespectful in general and takes away from the classy behavior he shows in years gone by.

lol it was a joke dude, relax

every single pundit in the world was saying the same thing that ever since RDM took over he's playing Frank more, he just said the same thing but joked about it, dont see the big deal

Yeah that was just a bit of banter, nothing meant by it from Lamps.

Its irritating to still hear about this bad relation between the players and AVB. Fair enough, they may not have been on good terms, but it always takes two sides to generate friction.

Agreed, just because AVB came in as manager doesn't mean he automatically deserved their respect and trust, he had to earn it and vice versa.

That happens in all walks of life and employment.

To pin the blame solely on frank is unfair, although he does need to share some responsibility in the circumstances.

Agreed, just because AVB came in as manager doesn't mean he automatically deserved their respect and trust, he had to earn it and vice versa.

That happens in all walks of life and employment.

To pin the blame solely on frank is unfair, although he does need to share some responsibility in the circumstances.

I don't understand how anybody could blame Frank for anything here. It was fairly obvious that AVB had a big problem communicating with the players. It wasn't just Frank, it was Alex, Anelka, Cole, Mikel, Kalou, and probably others. It wasn't about AVB sitting Lampard, RDM sat Lampard a fair bit, it's about communicating with your players. I also think beyond the sitting players without explaining why, players were unsure of what their exact roles were. If you are going to come in and massively overhaul a system, you need to be to explain player roles very clearly.