Frank Lampard

DavidEU

The fact that SAF tried to sign Lampard in January showed that was a lot of unrest in the team.

Journos heard ManU were about to get an experienced English midfielder with huge reputation and since one guessed Lampard they all went with it.

There was never anything to the Lampard to ManU story.

He would probably accept the bench role if we signed players who are high-calibre enough to keep him out the squad. You could see his point if it was Meireles ahead of him.

To live up to my sig I'd question that point. It really was a choice of midfield passenger with poaching stats and a shit midfielder. I know which one I'd rather if I wanted to create a dominating midfield.

To live up to my sig I'd question that point. It really was a choice of midfield passenger with poaching stats and a shit midfielder. I know which one I'd rather if I wanted to create a dominating midfield.

Yep, I'd share that view. Though I'd say maybe if it was Modric ahead of him, he'd have less of a voice (then again, one could point a finger then at Ramires). Not saying he warranted to start ahead of Meireles, but it does go some way (okay, clutching at straws here) to explain his stupid behaviour.

The intensity in 12:45pm games is nowhere near what it is in the 7:45pm games tho, i hate early kick offs, the players and the crowd are half a fucking sleep. We shoulda beat Tottenham away tho, we battered them there but missed so many chances. That was a late KO too.

Frank Lampard lets rip at Chelsea's 'lack of urgency'

http://www.guardian....+%28Football%29

He's basically having a dig at the players who were playing in his place earlier in the season not doing the job. I think that's a little poor on his part.

Granted we're nowhere near the team we used to be, but that isn't due to the players we have brought over the last couple of seasons...it's because of the older players, Lampard included, who refuse to accept that they aren't good enough anymore.

He's basically having a dig at the players who were playing in his place earlier in the season not doing the job. I think that's a little poor on his part.

Granted we're nowhere near the team we used to be, but that isn't due to the players we have brought over the last couple of seasons...it's because of the older players, Lampard included, who refuse to accept that they aren't good enough anymore.

Really? Is that what you get from reading the article?!

Really? Is that what you get from reading the article?!

There is actually more to that interview where he emphasises on we weren't good enough earlier in the season dropping points. That to me is a bit of a veiled dig at the AVB regime and games in which some of the older experienced players weren't getting games.

And if I were the likes of Cahill, David Luiz, Ramires or Mata then I would be unhappy with Lampard's questioning of the ability of the side because the reason we are not what we used to be is because none of the players have moved on or allowed an evolution of the club without throwing their toys out of the pram.

Lampard: Chelsea's Champions League campaign will not affect domestic form

"We have to fight on both levels," Lampard told the London Evening Standard. "We certainly don't feel like all our eggs are in the European basket and the league just goes by.

"We have to be aware that Benfica at home is still to get through, then we will potentially face Barcelona or AC Milan in the semi-final and then we have the final.

"To win them all to try to confirm our Champions League status for next year, it is a risky card, albeit one well within our means."

"Where we are now in the table, we're disappointed to not be fighting for first or second but you have to understand that you can't have it your own way every year," added the midfielder.

"Manchester United don't win the league every year but we have put ourselves under pressure for fourth spot and if you're being honest about it, Arsenal and Tottenham are in the driving seat. So we really need to go on a stretch of winning games.

"Consistency has been a huge thing for us this year in terms of league form. We have shown glimpses earlier in the season at times. But we need to show that level of performance we did against Napoli and Benfica and do it in the league regularly."

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?slug=goal-lampardchelseaschampionslea