Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Because AVB's position became untenable. He became a joke amongst the playing staff, but also amongst some of the coaching and office staff.

I pay their wages too. Do you not think the Champions League was an achievement? Fair enough.

I dont see what part the board played in this -apart from Gourlay pushing to the front to lift the trophy like a greedy Billy Bunter in a sweet shop.

What about the Youth team's successes which have been great to watch? What about the signings of some of the world's most promising youngsters? What about actually making a profit in the first FFP monitoring period? What about the commercial deals done by Gourlay?

I'd be more interested to hear what you think they've done so wrong, who you think should take the blame for each and who you'd hire to replace them.

Anyone who isnt an arse licker. The fans arent stupid, and it was obvious Buck was going to get resoundly booooed when he came on the pitch against Swansea. The Youth team to my mind is window dressing. yes it makes money by lending and loaning players but thats about the sum of it.. if it wasnt for the FFP rulings, Abramovich would continue to buy off the shelf superstars

I want consistency in the managerial position as much as anyone, but they simply haven't done the job (except Mourinho arguably). Sacking Scolari, Ancelotti, AVB and RDM were all arguably the right decisions (two sackings led to Champions League Finals, one of which we won after being 3-1 against Napoli). You need the right guy to be able to stick with him and it's hard to get right.

I am guessing but I'd imagine if you were on this forum when Mourinho walked you'd have agreed with Buck when he said ''Avram Grant will take Chelsea to the next level''

I don't. I disagree with things I find disagreeable. You'll note I've kept it civil despite being called a child rapist - something you don't seem to have a problem with.

As for my positions, I was prepared to give Rafa time as interim manager, I've said I think it's the best thing for Chelsea if Lampard goes now and I think the board haven't been the cunts other people suggest.

I've had many great chats with lots of great fans over my many years of going to Chelsea an away matches. I'll be quite honest - this place doesn't reflect that experience by and large. Maybe it's the anonymity of the internet or it's a different type of fan, but I've never seen so many people throw this club under the bus if we go 1-0 down away to Everton or make a move in the transfer market.

Yes people can be who they want on the internet. You've lost me with the child rapist bit. Someone called you that on here ?

I dont see what part the board played in this -apart from Gourlay pushing to the front to lift the trophy like a greedy Billy Bunter in a sweet shop.

Anyone who isnt an arse licker. The fans arent stupid, and it was obvious Buck was going to get resoundly booooed when he came on the pitch against Swansea. The Youth team to my mind is window dressing. yes it makes money by lending and loaning players but thats about the sum of it.. if it wasnt for the FFP rulings, Abramovich would continue to buy off the shelf superstars

I am guessing but I'd imagine if you were on this forum when Mourinho walked you'd have agreed with Buck when he said ''Avram Grant will take Chelsea to the next level''

Yes people can be who they want on the internet. You've lost me with the child rapist bit. Someone called you that on here ?

They sacked AVB when they did - changed the season.

I missed the booing of Buck, but that's inevitable at times like this. You call him an arse-licker but I think he's a decent, intelligent bloke who properly supports this club.

The youth team may be window dressing to you, but I enjoy going to watch them play. Anyone who thinks the likes of Chalobah or Feruz are 'window dressing' and not an important part of this club's future are just wrong in my opinion.

I was shocked when we sacked Mourinho and I thought Avram Grant's appointment was a bad joke. I even remember booing his decisions against Arsenal at home - before we won 2-1. :rolleyes::rolleyes: I'll be honest, when I was in Moscow watching us come within an inch of winning the CL, I didn't care what Buck said.

And yes, someone in this very thread accused me of being a paedophile because I'm a fan of Josh McEachran and Chalobah playing midfield for Chelsea Football Club.

AVB had to go. I was at his last game and Chels were joining in with West Brom singing ''getting sacked in the morning''. Proper fan power.

Buck was resoundly booed coming on the pitch against Swansea, a bad decision on his part, his Ceasescu moment - what did he think people were going to do, clap ?

I cant see the bit where you were called a child rapist -did you report it ?- i know there havent been many Admin on here recentlyand I dont have th e power to ban , but apologise on behalf of the forum if this was the case.

Anyway back on track, Lampard must stay at Chelsea....

You'll note I've kept it civil despite being called a child rapist
And yes, someone in this very thread accused me of being a paedophile because I'm a fan of Josh McEachran and Chalobah playing midfield for Chelsea Football Club.

LOL. You're still actually going on about that crock of shit? Yer you're really in a position to criticise other's supposedly incessant harping aren't you...

So because I used what I view as a fairly commonplace & casually thrown around slur (at least among peers & social circles from the modern age that I have existed in) saying 'you have a penchant for those younguns (winky smiley)' - referring directly & specifically to players who are aged 17-23 & up in this case - that is somehow taken as a genuine paedophilic accusation in your eyes?

Even more perplexingly, what you have previously described along the lines of 'the most offensive thing anyone has ever said to you in your life'; which is actually rather amusing since that quite clearly displays your characteristic naivety. & you're still going on about it two weeks later?

Fucking jokes mate, absolute fucking jokes is all I can say.

Maybe I'm entirely oblivious to the kind of lifestyles & beliefs the rest of you possess, but suggesting that you have an extreme fondness for the romantic ideals of youth players blossoming in the first team (as mentioned by FB, a fetishisation of the promise of theoretical potential if you will), with everything you have posted on this site being more than blatantly evident of it - I don't see how that is even insinuating anything close to yourself actually being a 'child rapist' whatsoever considering we're talking about football players here last time I checked.

I'm puzzled at the fact you seem unable/unwilling to realise it was nothing more than artistic license utilised to convey the baffling extent of your radical beliefs in youngsters via a common colloquial phrase that I have heard being used in various situations in real life, none of which were in reference to literal paedophilia in any way. Are you actually trying to convince me & everyone else there is actual malicious intent in what I have said to you?

I mean let's be honest here mate, you're clearly a pretty intelligent & knowledgable individual & I'm inclined to assume yourself to be my senior by considerable years - so in all reality I would have thought you'd have been round the block a couple times by now eh?

Because I just don't see how anyone besides an actual bona-fide kiddyfiddler could actually take any genuine offense to such a thing, unless you have suffered from abuse personally yourself, in which case I have been slightly insensitive, but shit like that happens when you're talking to strangers you know nothing about over the internet... However, I highly doubt that is the actual case.

& therefore, as usual, you have just decided to take any tiny scrap you can find & blow it completely out of context & over-exaggerate it to a preposterous extent - which seems to be an obvious habit of yours judging from the rest of your posts.

In this particular case, you simply did so in an attempt to distract everyone else from that fact that you couldn't produce any actual legitimate response to the points I posed in my posts - which seems more like an admittance of defeat than anything else - & I guess you couldn't allow your pride to suffer further so that meant you had to resort to trying to pin this slander & defamation of my character on a phrase that you chose to twist to your own liking in an attempt to recover rapport & save face.

& here you still are, 2 weeks later, bringing it up once again as if someone has just taken a massive shit in your sandwich; something that I would actually find somewhat offensive, though also reasonably amusing.

Something that I would class as truly offensive & fail to see any humour in whatsoever, is some pretentious elitist supposed super-fan claiming that he knows better due to 'experience' - not just condoning, but in fact encouraging the decision for a living legend & world class player like Frank Lampard to be allowed to walk out the revolving door at the Bridge - all for the sake of his delirious self-prophesised future with his bumchum Pep & his favourite younguns.

Yep I said it again; so sue me/report me/whatever your vagina inclines you to do. That will definitely prove how utterly superior you are once again you condescending twat.

LOL. You're still actually going on about that crock of shit? Yer you're really in a position to criticise other's supposedly incessant harping aren't you...

So because I used what I view as a fairly commonplace & casually thrown around slur (at least among peers & social circles from the modern age that I have existed in) saying 'you have a penchant for those younguns (winky smiley)' - referring directly & specifically to players who are aged 17-23 & up in this case - that is somehow taken as a genuine paedophilic accusation in your eyes?

Even more perplexingly, what you have previously described along the lines of 'the most offensive thing anyone has ever said to you in your life'; which is actually rather amusing since that quite clearly displays your characteristic naivety. & you're still going on about it two weeks later?

Fucking jokes mate, absolute fucking jokes is all I can say.

Maybe I'm entirely oblivious to the kind of lifestyles & beliefs the rest of you possess, but suggesting that you have an extreme fondness for the romantic ideals of youth players blossoming in the first team (as mentioned by FB, a fetishisation of the promise of theoretical potential if you will), with everything you have posted on this site being more than blatantly evident of it - I don't see how that is even insinuating anything close to yourself actually being a 'child rapist' whatsoever considering we're talking about football players here last time I checked.

I'm puzzled at the fact you seem unable/unwilling to realise it was nothing more than artistic license utilised to convey the baffling extent of your radical beliefs in youngsters via a common colloquial phrase that I have heard being used in various situations in real life, none of which were in reference to literal paedophilia in any way. Are you actually trying to convince me & everyone else there is actual malicious intent in what I have said to you?

I mean let's be honest here mate, you're clearly a pretty intelligent & knowledgable individual & I'm inclined to assume yourself to be my senior by considerable years - so in all reality I would have thought you'd have been round the block a couple times by now eh?

Because I just don't see how anyone besides an actual bona-fide kiddyfiddler could actually take any genuine offense to such a thing, unless you have suffered from abuse personally yourself, in which case I have been slightly insensitive, but shit like that happens when you're talking to strangers you know nothing about over the internet... However, I highly doubt that is the actual case.

& therefore, as usual, you have just decided to take any tiny scrap you can find & blow it completely out of context & over-exaggerate it to a preposterous extent - which seems to be an obvious habit of yours judging from the rest of your posts.

In this particular case, you simply did so in an attempt to distract everyone else from that fact that you couldn't produce any actual legitimate response to the points I posed in my posts - which seems more like an admittance of defeat than anything else - & I guess you couldn't allow your pride to suffer further so that meant you had to resort to trying to pin this slander & defamation of my character on a phrase that you chose to twist to your own liking in an attempt to recover rapport & save face.

& here you still are, 2 weeks later, bringing it up once again as if someone has just taken a massive shit in your sandwich; something that I would actually find somewhat offensive, though also reasonably amusing.

Something that I would class as truly offensive & fail to see any humour in whatsoever, is some pretentious elitist supposed super-fan claiming that he knows better due to 'experience' - not just condoning, but in fact encouraging the decision for a living legend & world class player like Frank Lampard to be allowed to walk out the revolving door at the Bridge - all for the sake of his delirious self-prophesised future with his bumchum Pep & his favourite younguns.

Yep I said it again; so sue me/report me/whatever your vagina inclines you to do. That will definitely prove how utterly superior you are once again you condescending twat.

Stop beating around the bush and come out and say what you really mean. lol

Stop beating around the bush and come out and say what you really mean. lol

Well okay, for the benefit of those that require the TL;DR...

He's a delusional fuckwit because he is obsessed with youth & radical progression to the point of this prejudice obscuring his objective judgement & additionally tends to go out of his way to defend & consequently convince himself & everyone else to believe in the board's decisions as if they were his own. He attempts to be the constant iconoclast of this forum since he clearly revels in the controversy & enjoys being part of the minority since it provides him with the illusion of exclusivity which caters for his elitist mindset - yet in the end it almost seems like he is more of a puppet than anything else.

All in all, just a generally frustrating member with which to discuss more sensitive issues & topics such as this where there is really no middle ground in the matter. Mostly due to his sheer ignorance & constant deflection whenever he finds himself unable to respond to an argument with any valid points of his own - somehow that goes down as yet another victory in his books though so he just pretends like it never happened...

Pretty sure it's all just some peculiar superiority complex that an aging man is having to deal with (hence so much discrimination towards senior players of similar years?), but who knows. When he takes such oddly severe offense to what was - apparently according to his convoluted perspective & reasoning at least - a genuine accusation of being something that he's not - well then such a ferociously defensive stance just might suggest he may be a pedo after all. :yay:

So yer mate, that's what I really mean :halo:

AVB had to go. I was at his last game and Chels were joining in with West Brom singing ''getting sacked in the morning''. Proper fan power.

Buck was resoundly booed coming on the pitch against Swansea, a bad decision on his part, his Ceasescu moment - what did he think people were going to do, clap ?

I cant see the bit where you were called a child rapist -did you report it ?- i know there havent been many Admin on here recentlyand I dont have th e power to ban , but apologise on behalf of the forum if this was the case.

Anyway back on track, Lampard must stay at Chelsea....

With regards AVB, they didn't sack him because the fans didn't like him. If that was the case, Rafa would be gone. The problem with AVB is he lost the staff's respect and he became a joke figure.

I thought it was out of order to boo Bruce Buck because he's a proper Chelsea fan, but it's part of the pantomime of the whole thing. It's like politicians getting booed at the Olympics.

Getting back on track, if his contract wasn't ending I think he'd still be here next season but it's coming to an end so there's a sense this is the natural time for it to end. For me it simply comes down to what he offers the club next season and whether there are better options out there. I thought he had a great game yesterday after a dodgy first 30, and I will miss seeing him on the pitch. But I don't think we'll be any worse off as a team without him - ultimately that's what it comes down to for me.

It's not all about his age either, as I'd love for Ashley Cole to be given an extension to his contract because he's quite simply the best in the world at what he does. There's no-one else I'd want at that position. But purely from a tactical point of view, there are a number of players I'd love to have ahead of Lamps in that DLP position, e.g. Alonso, Wilshere, Modric, Schweinsteiger, Pirlo, maybe Gundogan and I'd like to see Oscar, KDB and Josh given a chance there.

All the kinds of reason the press or some of us assume being behind the decision not to prolong his contract at all are grossly speculations. The only reasons I can think of that would justify this drastic decision would be a significant misconduct by Lampard,Lampard not sufficing the required footballing standards or Lampard planing his future elsewhere. None of which is reported, if not even the opposite is the case. As the reasons are not obvious, i think the board owe an explanation of some degree to us, the fans. Even more due to him being the greatest Chelsea player ever. As long as that explanation is not given and we are not even given a chance to retrace, it is impossible for me not to condemn the decision and calling everyone and everything that defends it into question. On the one side there is Lampard, 194 goals and 130 assists for the club, major performer in all title challenges, still one of our best and most consistent players on the other side there is silence by the board and a litter of devoid commonplaces and speculations that are neither credible nor exculpatory. Every proper fan and every rational man should know where their side is.

All the kinds of reason the press or some of us assume being behind the decision not to prolong his contract at all are grossly speculations. The only reasons I can think of that would justify this drastic decision would be a significant misconduct by Lampard,Lampard not sufficing the required footballing standards or Lampard planing his future elsewhere. None of which is reported, if not even the opposite is the case. As the reasons are not obvious, i think the board owe an explanation of some degree to us, the fans. Even more due to him being the greatest Chelsea player ever. As long as that explanation is not given and we are not even given a chance to retrace, it is impossible for me not to condemn the decision and calling everyone and everything that defends it into question. On the one side there is Lampard, 194 goals and 130 assists for the club, major performer in all title challenges, still one of our best and most consistent players on the other side there is silence by the board and a litter of devoid commonplaces and speculations that are neither credible nor exculpatory. Every proper fan and every rational man should know where their side is.

The one thing I've learnt about Chelsea fans is there's very rarely 'one side' to things. ;)

The main thing here is in my opinion is, lampard still see's himself a starter in the long run, and won't accept to be benched. here is what abramovic is worried about, what his impact will be ,when he is benched, to the players.