Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Lampard doesnt have few more years, as simple as that. In fact, during this season Lampard is far from being such a crucial player. Few people were complaining about him leaving, and as soon as scored 2 goals against Everton everything started.

Last season everybody were asking for a overhaul, now people want the old guard to stay for more 2 or 3 years. Lampard will be 35 years old next summer, not giving him another contract is a natural choice, but this is Chelsea, so the press will talk the usual bullshit about Chelsea being a classless club for letting a legend leave, and some stupid fans will buy it. They just forget that 5 years ago, Lampard was alredy 30 years old and he was given a new 5 years deal that made him the highest-paid Premier League player back then.

Tbh, I don't think you can speak about financial logic with Roman.

If he wants to restrict all the expenses, then why would he hire 18m£/y Guardiola?

If we release Lamps, finances won't be a reason for sure. It would probably only be Roman's wish for rebuilding this team.

And that is a huge mistake because we CANNOT replace Lamps. We don't have that player yet.

There is a huge difference between paying 18m for hire the most wanted manager around, and paying huge wages for a fading 35 years old player, and thats far from being a mistake, the current Lampard is not the player to replace the Lampard from the old days.

Lampard doesnt have few more years, as simple as that. In fact, during this season Lampard is far from being such a crucial player. Few people were complaining about him leaving, and as soon as scored 2 goals against Everton everything started.

Last season everybody were asking for a overhaul, now people want the old guard to stay for more 2 or 3 years. Lampard will be 35 years old next summer, not giving him another contract is a natural choice, but this is Chelsea, so the press will talk the usual bullshit about Chelsea being a classless club for letting a legend leave, and some stupid fans will buy it. They just forget that 5 years ago, Lampard was alredy 30 years old and he was given a new 5 years deal that made him the highest-paid Premier League player back then.

I agree. This whole situation could've been avoided if Frank didn't play dumb to the media. If he just said something like 'We have planned talks over a new contract at the end of the season' none of this would be happening. But instead the image of the club (not that anyone liked us anyway) is being dragged through the dirt again.

should Fellaini come in (on the 5 year deal as said by L'Equipe), we have Ramires and Mikel signed on 5 year deals...then we have De Bruyne coming back, Romeu should be fit by the end of the season and then theres Josh McEachran...now placing ourselves in Lampards shoes would he be fine sitting on the bench next season....hate seeing him leave but if we're building a team for the future and want Benat/Fellaini/M'Vila/Capoue to come in, doubt he's going to get much playing time. he doesnt seem to fancy the giggs role either.

I agree. This whole situation could've been avoided if Frank didn't play dumb to the media. If he just said something like 'We have planned talks over a new contract at the end of the season' none of this would be happening. But instead the image of the club (not that anyone liked us anyway) is being dragged through the dirt again.

He's just being honest. He hasn't done or said anything wrong.

He's just being honest. He hasn't done or said anything wrong.

I'm basing it on the quotes that came out a while ago from his agent that said under no circumstance will he be offered a new deal. All I'm saying is that if Frank knows this, then he shouldn't be saying to the media that he doesn't know if the club will offer him a contract. All that is doing is putting pressure on the club from the media & making the club look like villains again. I mentioned in my other post that he's probably doing it unintentionally, as he's just desperate to stay.

AVB left and suddenly Lampard is playing better. What a shock.

I feel disgusted looking at my avatar..

zolayes liked your post, well, in fact Lampard never refused to play a decent football under AVB. Anyway, disgusted, uh?

sorry but I won't and if he puts in a fantastic EFFORT tonight ,,I will respect him even less

So, now you respect him again, it was the UCL trophy that changed your mind about the guy?

it must be remembered a good % of Frank's goals are from the penalty spot.

wow, you even tried to dismiss his impressive record.

Lampard is a disgrace, no longer a legend.

That was rash and 7 peple liked this.

Just Leave for fuck's sake

He will leave in the summer.

Trash. Fuck off already.

:blink:

------------------

Well, AVB was a shit, but somehow some people in this forum loved the guy so much, and they really believed that Lampard was the one responsible for the poor football. The team was playing like trash, but Lampard was the scapegoat. Now we see the sentimental posts around this topic, in fact its only another way to complain about the owner, the board, and the soul...

Good post but It is difficult to convince Lampard die hard fans about this. I still believe that Lampard can contribute in limited role but I prefer him to leave. I can see it already, we are not scoring goals then lampard comes in score a penalty and fans will start chanting his name to start every game.

Sorry i just don't see him having a big impact anymore. Like i said a couple posts back. He's behind Ramires and Mikel in the pecking order. Seeing as we're going to invest heavily into our midfield they will become rotation players. If Lampard stays he would be a squad player. Not to mention Oscar who's gonna need game time in our midfield if we want him to develop. + Debruyne and Mceachran who are looking for a spot in our squad.

How usefull was he in all the other games ? QPR game ?

I get your point. But he can still be an extremely useful squad player if he is fine with being one... If he wants to play first team for a few more years then he may want to go elsewhere and my opinion of him will never ever change. But you may as well say how useful was anyone in the qpr game.

I am always gonna want him to stay and i know I am not the most objective person over the whole situation. But for me, I would love him to stay more than any signing but it doesn't look like like it's gonna happen. :-\

What's up with the mass generalisation... All Chelsea fans I know personally have always wanted him to stay and it has nothing to do with him suddenly scoring goals as he has always been scoring goals for us. Having an overhaul, doesn't mean get rid of every player over 30. We had one of the oldest squads in the prem and we needed some younger talent which we have now... It doesn't have to be an either or kind of thing. And Lampard was paid that much money 4 years ago which was correct as he was one of the best players in the league and the best midfielder in the prem. I don't see what his previous contract has to do with anything... He has more than paid back his contract in everything he has done.

Good post but It is difficult to convince Lampard die hard fans about this. I still believe that Lampard can contribute in limited role but I prefer him to leave. I can see it already, we are not scoring goals then lampard comes in score a penalty and fans will start chanting his name to start every game.

We will chant is name every game regardless of goals... He doesn't even have to be on the pitch.

This will be another case of the 'Drogba Myth'. Didier left a legend but there were times when he was absolutely lambasted by the majority of Chelsea supporters for insipid and lethargic performances, particularly in Carlo's second season. If you want an example, read the topics in the aftermath of the Marseille UCL game from 2010/11 when we lost 0-1 away.

The same will happen with Lampard, who will leave the best player this club has ever had, but if you were going by this topic, you'd rank him as worse than Torres judging by the sort of comments you can read in this thread.

Laughable, really.

The same will happen with Lampard, who will leave the best player this club has ever had, but if you were going by this topic, you'd rank him as worse than Torres judging by the sort of comments you can read in this thread.

Really? Most people will say that 7 years ago he was one of the best midfielders in the world. 5 years ago he was our most important player. Even last year he played an important role, but we weren't that great last year. Even this year people cite the Everton game as an example of his importance based solely on the fact he scored two goals in that game. Now that's great, but do we want to spend next season playing like we did against Everton?

We got lucky in that game. We were completely overrun in the first half-hour by a team with two important players out. Lamps has done well to play in a deeper role but that simply isn't his game. It never has been.

That's the reality of the situation with him. He simply doesn't suit our style of football as well as other players might. The position he made his own - IT DOESN"T EXIST.

And now his presence isn't going to be a positive one for the rest of the season in my opinion because the atmosphere at the Bridge is fucking toxic. I'm not going to get many likes for saying that it might be better if we sold him before the end of the month.

This will be another case of the 'Drogba Myth'. Didier left a legend but there were times when he was absolutely lambasted by the majority of Chelsea supporters for insipid and lethargic performances, particularly in Carlo's second season. If you want an example, read the topics in the aftermath of the Marseille UCL game from 2010/11 when we lost 0-1 away.

Laughable, really.

I have just had a fairly quick read back on this thread from before I was on here and I honestly cannot believe some of the comments towards lampy. But then I suppose the same can be said on other threads such as the torres thread, as all fans (in general) seem to either be at one extreme or the other with little in between.