Frank Lampard

DavidEU

But in general, Franks goals have been important.

In more recent examples, take the equaliser against Newcastle or the 3rd goal against Wigan after it was getting very nervy for us.

Frank's goals have more often than not been important for us, there's no denying that.

I didn't deny that. Now that you used the word "often" instead of "always" it is factually true. The pedant inside me is satisfied now.

There has been so many articles in British newspapers about Frank's contract that they have all lost credibility.

Why did they have your credibility in the first place?

I dont even read English papers anymore, I will only wait until the club realeses an official statement about Frank Lampard!

Do people not watch games? All Frank does is score? What the hell? Lets completely forget the immense through balls he's continuously been producing. He's not a striker in midfield at all, it's just his natural game. If you've watched Chelsea over the last decade you'd know. He still contributes well defensively and does a decent job at distributing the ball. His goals are important and they always change games. "Just goals". Isn't that what football is about in the end? Out scoring your opposition?

Yeah!!! Thats exactly why the midfield is our strongest part of our team right now. We are dominating against any opponent...

I mean seriously, some fans really needs to open their eyes. All Chelsea fans love Lampard and he will always be a legend here, but some of us atleast loves the club than we love him. Im saying that i want him to leave. I would love to see him get an contract extension. I just think he should get a squad role a la Giggs or something similar.

Always leave on a high.

Drogba had a spotkick, Lampard has a statistic. Being realistic and based on his wage/role at the club, this is his last season. I'd rather he go out like Didier than peter out and leave as a mere 'after thought' in a new era.

Yer i agree to a extent. If he can break the record this season i can see the argument for him leaving. But it should be his decision if he feels he can go on offering quality in the first team he should at least be offered a new contract. Agree about Drogba completely though perfect way to go.

Terry tells Chelsea board Lampard has more to give:

JOHN Terry has sent a stark message out to Chelsea's board that now is not the time to let Frank Lampard go.

The Blues captain is insistent that his long-standing team-mate still has much more to give, and says that he doesn't even want to entertain the thought of the midfielder running out in somebody else's colours.

Lampard is in the midst of a highly-publicised contract stand-off with Chelsea, which is expected to see him leave Stamford Bridge at the end of the season.

On Sunday he netted his 199th goal for the Blues, just three shy of the club's all-time scoring record, and Terry says now is not the time to write off the England man.

“He’s got so much more to give and he’s an inspiration for everyone at this football club at his age as well,” said Terry.

“He’s the best trainer by a million miles – he works so hard. For him to get that many goals, kids can look at that and say he’s in the right position.

“Believe me, it’s a lot of hard work before and after training and working on his strengths and weaknesses. He’s been an inspiration for everyone at this football club.

“He’s always been fit and that’s despite the hard work he puts in before and after training.

“We hope that he’s here (next season) and, if not, he’s got years ahead. I’m not going to entertain the thought of him elsewhere as I don’t want to think about it."

All Lampard can do is score goals is the most cringeworthy stament I've ever fucking heard

There are worse things that can be said of a footballer.

For instance, when you're talking about Arsenal's midfield, one can say: 'they do nothing except insist on passing a further ten times instead of having a shot on goal from ten yards'.

He is still a great asset to the team but we miss his assists the most. Slowly but surely he is losing his influence on the pitch. He can be very useful as an impact sub but at the moment - due to the lack of options we have had recently- he has played week in week out for a long period of time and that has shown us that he is an AMF not a double pivot minded player. I think we shouldn't renew a contract for the sake of him being a legend and dishing out an odd 150k a week for sentimentalism. That's of course if he isn't part of the new managers plans. Another factor is that veteran players boast too much of an influence in the team and in a distant manner have a say in the new manager and its success. That's something that really has bothered me when we think back at Scolari, AVB etc.

It was a very good penalty but an even better save. Ironically, the penalty was probably the best thing he did all match. He seemed to be completely missing, especially in the first half. Did very little defensively and even less on the offence.

It was a very good penalty but an even better save. Ironically, the penalty was probably the best thing he did all match. He seemed to be completely missing, especially in the first half. Did very little defensively and even less on the offence.

In games like this and especially when it's away from home, Lampard should not be playing TBH. Yes, he offers a goal threat but other than I don't think he is likely to offer anything else.

Also incidentally, he missed the penalty against Man City away too in the 09/10 season. Had he scored it, we would have drawn 2-2 then but he didn't and we lost 2-1. Could have gotten something from the game today had he scored it.