Frank Lampard

DavidEU

It's just the club continuing on the pathetic path it's been on for ages now, still no sign of him being close to agreeing a new deal....typical Chelsea.

I'm not surprised anymore, this club is a joke and a mess.

Media Douche 1: Slow news day, Chelsea pick up a win, no mention of Lampard's contract in a while

Media Douche 2: Let's make up a story to get people's attention back on the matter

*Chelsea fans get happy*

CFC: No talks with Lampard despite speculation

*Continued cycle of hate*

Desired effect.

It's just the club continuing on the pathetic path it's been on for ages now, still no sign of him being close to agreeing a new deal....typical Chelsea.

I'm not surprised anymore, this club is a joke and a mess.

Does Frank Lampard fit into the team well at the moment? Is he a good fit in the double pivot?

Yes for me he does, he's a better passer of the ball than Ramires and is, and always has been, a constant goal threat.

So you wouldn't want to spend money in the summer replacing him then?

I actually think most of our problems come from that midfield two, be it him, Ramires or Mikel. We need someone who can keep possession and allow the likes of Mata and Oscar to create stuff. He's not good enough defensively against the big teams either.

Well yeh, if we buy it should be an all-round midfielder or a left back in my opinion (that preferably can also play in centre)

But if lampard stays and you have KDB comming back (if they dont loan him out again) that should be covered no?

So you wouldn't want to spend money in the summer replacing him then?

I actually think most of our problems come from that midfield two, be it him, Ramires or Mikel. We need someone who can keep possession and allow the likes of Mata and Oscar to create stuff. He's not good enough defensively against the big teams either.

First of all I wouldn't have rid of him, simple as that. I'd rather see Ramires left out as he is a terribly limited footballer and whilst we are onto limited footballers then Mikel isn't too far away from that either. Mikel has the turning circle of a truck, people say he does the basics right....I should think so, but terribly limited IMO.

I'd keep Frank and replace Ramires if anything, seriously lacks in so many departments it's worrying.

First of all I wouldn't have rid of him, simple as that. I'd rather see Ramires left out as he is a terribly limited footballer and whilst we are onto limited footballers then Mikel isn't too far away from that either. Mikel has the turning circle of a truck, people say he does the basics right....I should think so, but terribly limited IMO.

I'd keep Frank and replace Ramires if anything, seriously lacks in so many departments it's worrying.

The problem with Lamps is that he costs a fair whack, he's in a position that we need to strengthen in because he really doesn't fit there and there are young players who deserve chance. So you have to ask is he worth the amount he'd cost coming off the bench when we need a goal? Does he offer enough off the pitch and in terms of leadership on the pitch? Games like QPR and Southampton suggest not as much as some might think.

I agree with you about Ramires and Mikel, but there in the same boat as Lamps for me. Good bench options but if we need to strengthen in the areas they currently play in, might we be better off cashing in now?

The problem with Lamps is that he costs a fair whack, he's in a position that we need to strengthen in because he really doesn't fit there and there are young players who deserve chance. So you have to ask is he worth the amount he'd cost coming off the bench when we need a goal? Does he offer enough off the pitch and in terms of leadership on the pitch? Games like QPR and Southampton suggest not as much as some might think.

I agree with you about Ramires and Mikel, but there in the same boat as Lamps for me. Good bench options but if we need to strengthen in the areas they currently play in, might we be better off cashing in now?

I also feel we always find it difficult to move away from one formation. It's constantly sticking with it and the same players, variation is a rarity. When Frank has played he has been shackled into this new so called 'Pivot' roll....Lampard should further up the field where he then becomes effective, not shackled because the formation says so.

Play to players strengths but do not shackle them for formation sake.

I also feel we always find it difficult to move away from one formation. It's constantly sticking with it and the same players, variation is a rarity. When Frank has played he has been shackled into this new so called 'Pivot' roll....Lampard should further up the field where he then becomes effective, not shackled because the formation says so.

Play to players strengths but do not shackle them for formation sake.

How do you want us to play then?

Do you think we should replace Mata and Oscar in the number 10 role with Lampar??? Or do you want us to change our whole formation to a 4-3-3 formation just to make it suit Lampard?