Chelsea 4-0 Portsmouth

BlueLion.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

like it or not, torres needs AT LEAST a good 60 mins...

needs to start getting his run...

the danny mata torres needs a lengthly run, could be lethal...

Torres got 90 against Wolves. Yes, he did well but like others said - if you don't start any youngsters/reserves in a game against Portsmouth FC then there's no point at having them. You're just blocking Lukaku's career for instance. Take Lukaku of after 60 minutes and give Torres a good half hour, no problem then.

Torres got 90 against Wolves. Yes, he did well but like others said - if you don't start any youngsters/reserves in a game against Portsmouth FC then there's no point at having them. You're just blocking Lukaku's career for instance. Take Lukaku of after 60 minutes and give Torres a good half hour, no problem then.

I agree, Torres will get enough time now that Drogba is going to the African cup of nations. Lukaku should start this game.

agreed BUT this game is crucial for us because its the only cup right now that is in our face that we have a LEGIT shot at winning, and thats important for a year as such

I know he can't play, but what's with Lucas Piazon, does he need work permit? Or he can play when he gets 18...? According to the transfermarkt.co.uk his value is 6.600.000 £....

That's correct. He turns 18 in a couple weeks, and then he will be elgible for first team action.

With all these articles/interviews with RDM I really don't know what to expect. Is he bringing in youngsters or not? I'll guess we'll have to wait another day to find out.

Asked whether youth may be brought into the side, assistant first team coach

Roberto Di Matteo responded: 'Did you see our bench in the last game? We're not expecting to have many more back from injury and Drogba and Kalou are gone as well.

'

They didn't leave the bench though Roberto!

Anyhow, ultimately, the most important thing is a win. A good win preferably.

As much as I like seeing our youngsters play, I tend to agree with the manager that we need to have our best shot at the FA since it the tittle we are most likely to win, especially with one of the Manchesters going out so early.

As much as I like seeing our youngsters play, I tend to agree with the manager that we need to have our best shot at the FA since it the tittle we are most likely to win, especially with one of the Manchesters going out so early.

Exactly.....and there has been cases of teams causing upsets and they've done it against us and all..Barnsley that time etc.And about how respect to the other team really..put out a weak side just sending out the message we dont see you as a threat...oh look you beat us woops!!!

Think players should be rested and mix of youth and experinced does seem to work rather then a whole team of youth.

What's the chances of our "strongest team" struggling to overcome Pompey then?

You've simply got to play the youngsters in this... surely.

No - we need to line up with our best players. This aint Carling Cup, and the only

change to get some silverware this year. No teams are easy walk over in FA Cup,

dont take it to light, because you then will failure. Isnt that why we like it, except

when it hits us?.

Our youngsters arent good enough for High level football....

The only way for them to step up is to play week in week out at another club, then come back and perform at Chelsea.

Even Josh needs to build his strength, creativity and drive .... at another club with a loan spell asap.

We are the worst club EVER in terms of Youth Talent management. So sad that while we could have been recalling lukaku and Josh from their respective loaned clubs, knowing that they played at the highest level for half the season to USE them for Chelsea, instead they warmed the benches and kept training for a moment that never came,,,, and if they arent loaned out for the remainder of this season, They might as well retire.