Chelsea 4-0 Portsmouth

BlueLion.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any player who has played a big part in the christmas programme should be rested for this one and i mean not even on the bench.

----------------------------------------------Turnbull--------------------------------------

Hutchinson----Cahill(if signed)---------------Ivanovic----------Bertrand

----------------------------------------------Chalaboh-----------------------------------

------------------------------McEachran------------------Malouda-----------------

Kalou-----------------------------------------------------------------------------Kakuta

----------------------------------------------Lukaku----------------------------------------

SUBS: Hilario, Kane, B.Clifford, Deen-Conteh, Djalo, Lalkovic, Phillip.

It games like this were still having Kalou and Malouda with their expierence around will come in handy.

Ivanovic should play as he missed the christmas period so will have a run out.

Hopefully a CB will be signed by then so can slot alongside.

Hutchinson and Bertand deserve shots at full back while Chalaboh and McEachran shouldplay CM.

Kakuta we should re-call and let him play this one before sending him on loan in France.

I know it will leave us pretty thin but the first team players need a rest, they looked like running on empty at times in the festive games and really need a week to freshen up.

This is definitely a match for youth to be served. Pompey aren't doing so hot this season, so I think we should still win even with an extremely young lineup. The only caveat is this is a cup tie, so anything can happen. Looking forward to watching this one if the perveyors of streaming internet abide.

Youth players have a lot to do with match experience, and Porthmouth ( if they do not give up ) have more experienced and more physically strong players which could cause problems. so I would rather expect a mixed line-up, after all our players have a whole week to recover.

I know it's not on ITV (instead they'll show United vs City and the Peterborough match)... but Sky Sports have been useless as of late, for the last few weeks we've only seen ONE or TWO proper matches.

But yeah, hope a bunch of our youngsters + some of the older players with points to prove play, not the same old same old.