Chelsea 4-0 Portsmouth

BlueLion.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another example is SAF youth.

They started with fire and now a mere reflection of it's former self.

The state of mind from United squad at the beginning was great. Very organized, good in spirit.

Today it's a lacking desire, and then that in turns has a negative effect on the younger players. Look at how Phil Jones performance has drop drastically.

And at the same time take a look at a player like Nani, who was also in good form, and has dip greatly.

So from what i can see, is that when your team is in a bad moment that bad moment might not be ideal for a young player.....

You don't have to believe it, but that is what I have noticed over the past.

I agree about the United example. But think about it, when Cleverly returns he'll play. When Rafael returns, he'll play. Smalling, Jones, Fabio, Welbeck. Alll these players had a risk taken on them.. Alright Jones' quality has been slipping of late, but hey, at least United took the gamble.

I know the players I just named didn't come from the academy of United, but SAF took the gamble to play them. They were young & cheap (with the exception of Phil Jones). We have quality players in the youth team, it's not really much to ask to see a gamble here & there.

I agree about the United example. But think about it, when Cleverly returns he'll play. When Rafael returns, he'll play. Smalling, Jones, Fabio, Welbeck. Alll these players had a risk taken on them.. Alright Jones' quality has been slipping of late, but hey, at least United took the gamble.

I know the players I just named didn't come from the academy of United, but SAF took the gamble to play them. They were young & cheap (with the exception of Phil Jones). We have quality players in the youth team, it's not really much to ask to see a gamble here & there.

And there in lies also the confidence of the manager.

A secured manager like SAF, and Owen Coyle to a certain extent they can take gamble with this.

I don't think Carlo never felt safe to take that gamble...in the end he was right. It might be the same with AVB.....

But I did noticed that AVB was giving more chances at the beginning of the season....and back then we where in better form then we are right now.

And there in lies also the confidence of the manager.

A secured manager like SAF, and Owen Coyle to a certain extent they can take gamble with this.

I don't think Carlo never felt safe to take that gamble...in the end he was right. It might be the same with AVB.....

But I did noticed that AVB was giving more chances at the beginning of the season....and back then we where in better form then we are right now.

Yes, that's true. As Kieran Vogel said before, 'Where's the André that subbed Kalou off in the 35th minute of a game?'

Yes, that's true. As Kieran Vogel said before, 'Where's the André that subbed Kalou off in the 35th minute of a game?'

It was Kalou..... If AVB subs Lampard at 35 minutes EVER....all hell will break loose.

Lampard keeps his disgruntlement to a minimum when he is subbed late or introduced late in the game, but if he was to be subbed at 35 mins, he will be humiliated and will definitely react badly, whether publicly or internally.

Who else can he sub anyways? Not mata, Ramires,Defense x 4 , Sturridge, Lampard, Torres(no replacement)

Only Meireles maybe for Josh or Romeu.