How fans also play a part in our troubles

I'm not going to get into too much detail but if we are going to blame the manager/players, the fans need to take some of the blame as well. I'm not going into detail but here are two things, both on and off the pitch that the fans could improve on to give a little bit of help

1. Actually produce an atmosphere at the Bridge - I'm sorry, but the last two games against Fulham and Villa was some of the worst support I have ever seen at the Bridge. It was so quiet and so dead that even the away fans seemed to be subdued by the lack of atmosphere. We seriously need to kick up it 8 or 9 notches to get the place rocking. The best thing it can do is at least put more pressure on the players to give a damn. We saw against City how it can hype the players up when the crowd is rocking

2. Cut the sentimental bullshit with some of the players. As seen around this forum, there is far too much sentiment to, let’s be honest, people kicking a ball around a pitch and earning £100,000 pounds for doing so. Anyone who criticises players like Lamaprd and Drogba for shit performances game after game is scorned for apparent "lack of respect". Yet it seems the only way to solve our problems is to get rid of the old guard so and bring youth to the squad. Yet some people cry foul when you dare mention the idea of selling someone like Drogba or Lampard. I'm sorry, but you can appreciate what they have achieved after they have left. But seeing them not give a damn and still getting paid week after week is unacceptable for me. And at the moment the only way to solve this is to get rid of them unless they can give more consistent performances that actually help us win points. So in my view some fans need to get over this idea that they should stay with us and plan for the future. No more angry outburst when criticising players occurs, no tears when people start thinking that some of the old guard leaves. Its best for the team and we can’t start until fans stop thinking of past glories and refusing to accept that many of the players we love are done. I seem to remember Bruce Buck saying that they did not want to sell Drogba because it would upset the fans (correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m sure I saw a report somewhere doing the summer) which is just frankly ridiculous.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people say the fans are expecting too much while others are expecting too little with these recent performances. I WANT Chelsea to win every game. (but do I EXPECT them too, he'll no!). But "fake" fans have the same mindset as roman, fire first ask questions later. We as fans support the club, we don't support the manager or specific players, it's CHELSEA FOOTBALL CLUB and it's our job (weather we agree with the club politics or not) to support this TEAM through their difficult times! and that includes support at matches weather it be against the cream of the crop or lowest of the lows, and time for this new manager whose been put in a very very difficult situation.

KTBFFH!!

The fans have gotten used to calling for the manager's head in part because that's what they've seen the club hierarchy do whenever there's trouble. No surprise then that's what happens everytime the results are unfavourable. But the moaners on the internet don't matter, I want to get a feel of what the stadium going ones think of what's happening.

There was a really horrible atmosphere around the ground today. This was made worse when the stadium was 50% empty after Villa went 2-1 up. People were shouting 'Who is this muppet?' and 'We were better under Ancelotti' where I sit. Unlike when we were trounced by Sunderland last season at home, those of us left really did not see it as too much of a surprise and just sat there wondering how the team had got like this. There was a bit of support coming from us in the Shed and also in the Matthew Harding Lower too.

By the 85th minute the stadium was pretty silent with only the small number of Villa fans singing

'We are winning away, we are winning away, how shit must you be, we are winning away'. There was a chorus of boos from what was left (probably 15-20 000 odd) and deservedly so. People in the stadium have pretty much given up for this year and everyone just left in silence.

Forgot to mention people leaving arguing with people staying. One person saying shouted 'Go on fuck off we don't need your gloryhunting support' to which an angry woman replied how 'Cech and Lampard should have been sold years ago' My reaction to that *faceplant*

Edited by Liquidator

I thought people seemed resigned that this was a season of transition ?

Fans arent to blame, more football being ruined by money that has driven the passionate working class fans out, therefore shit atmosphere. As for Drogba and Lampard going, silly if there arent the replacements there yet.

And as for the performance today, the half naked streaker showed more passion and fight than most of our lot -but shit happens -who'd of thought 20/1 Blackbum would get a result at the Theatre of Shit ?

I wasn't surprised about the United result at all. It shows how weak the very best of the Premier league have become. We are both shadows of the teams from two, three years ago, and I have to say the CL is out of Englands reach.

Yeah you can blame the fans also, but it's not like everyone can afford tickets. If they were more affordable I'm sure the atmosphere would be better.

But you know, you don't go to a football match of the club you support to sit and watch it, you go to support your bloody team!

Some people say the fans are expecting too much while others are expecting too little with these recent performances. I WANT Chelsea to win every game. (but do I EXPECT them too, he'll no!). But "fake" fans have the same mindset as roman, fire first ask questions later. We as fans support the club, we don't support the manager or specific players, it's CHELSEA FOOTBALL CLUB and it's our job (weather we agree with the club politics or not) to support this TEAM through their difficult times! and that includes support at matches weather it be against the cream of the crop or lowest of the lows, and time for this new manager whose been put in a very very difficult situation.

KTBFFH!!

what I expect is EVERY game EVERY player to give 100%,,, then win lose or draw I won't complain. In the last three games I havent seen this.

we have been out fought by inferior teams ,,,I blame the players for this ...

what I expect is EVERY game EVERY player to give 100%,,, then win lose or draw I won't complain. In the last three games I havent seen this.

we have been out fought by inferior teams ,,,I blame the players for this ...

Believe me zolayes I blame the players for this poor run, but I'm saying that we still gota support the team!! And yeah I know the players haven't been playing up to their standards but hey, they still defeated city in front of a rocous crowd which we created!!

They could take an example on the Genk fans how to support a team, even with 5-0 losing they still shout like crazy to support the team..

At home there is one stand of the die hard fans who create atmosphere for the full 90 minutes, they have some agreement with the board that they will do this every home game. It's just great, and even if you are on the other side of the stadium like me for couple of times, you just want to sing and shout along..

It gives really a drive to the players, something like that needs to be created at the Bridge to. Other teams should be scared again when they come to us..

They could take an example on the Genk fans how to support a team, even with 5-0 losing they still shout like crazy to support the team..

At home there is one stand of the die hard fans who create atmosphere for the full 90 minutes, they have some agreement with the board that they will do this every home game. It's just great, and even if you are on the other side of the stadium like me for couple of times, you just want to sing and shout along..

It gives really a drive to the players, something like that needs to be created at the Bridge to. Other teams should be scared again when they come to us..

Too much success in too short of a time went to a lot of people's heads and spoiled them. At least we won't end up like Blackburn.

There's never going to be an atmosphere at the Bridge while were at the top winning things, simple as that. Were a tourist attraction. Half the people that turn up don't come to support the team, they come to watch one fucking player and take photos.

I'm not going to get into too much detail but if we are going to blame the manager/players, the fans need to take some of the blame as well. I'm not going into detail but here are two things, both on and off the pitch that the fans could improve on to give a little bit of help

1. Actually produce an atmosphere at the Bridge - I'm sorry, but the last two games against Fulham and Villa was some of the worst support I have ever seen at the Bridge. It was so quiet and so dead that even the away fans seemed to be subdued by the lack of atmosphere. We seriously need to kick up it 8 or 9 notches to get the place rocking. The best thing it can do is at least put more pressure on the players to give a damn. We saw against City how it can hype the players up when the crowd is rocking

2. Cut the sentimental bullshit with some of the players. As seen around this forum, there is far too much sentiment to, let’s be honest, people kicking a ball around a pitch and earning £100,000 pounds for doing so. Anyone who criticises players like Lamaprd and Drogba for shit performances game after game is scorned for apparent "lack of respect". Yet it seems the only way to solve our problems is to get rid of the old guard so and bring youth to the squad. Yet some people cry foul when you dare mention the idea of selling someone like Drogba or Lampard. I'm sorry, but you can appreciate what they have achieved after they have left. But seeing them not give a damn and still getting paid week after week is unacceptable for me. And at the moment the only way to solve this is to get rid of them unless they can give more consistent performances that actually help us win points. So in my view some fans need to get over this idea that they should stay with us and plan for the future. No more angry outburst when criticising players occurs, no tears when people start thinking that some of the old guard leaves. Its best for the team and we can’t start until fans stop thinking of past glories and refusing to accept that many of the players we love are done. I seem to remember Bruce Buck saying that they did not want to sell Drogba because it would upset the fans (correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m sure I saw a report somewhere doing the summer) which is just frankly ridiculous.

Good post, but you took my post in the Drogba thread completely the wrong way. Probably because you're an idiot. Basically, what I said was people need to stop abusing Lampard and Drogba. Yes, they're old and shit, but let's be a little kinder in our criticisms of them considering what they have done for us in the past.

But I do agree that they need to go.

Believe me zolayes I blame the players for this poor run, but I'm saying that we still gota support the team!! And yeah I know the players haven't been playing up to their standards but hey, they still defeated city in front of a rocous crowd which we created!!

Agree!!! But think it can be hard to support the team when you make the effort to go to the games travel all that way and the players just go around playing like they dont give a fuck!Atmopshere imporant but hard to get behind a team who blantley dont care at the moment....and despite how crap they play stll get a massive wage at the end of it

That and the ticket prices are pricing some of the fans out and all.Would love to go and this is the first season in about 6 years that havent signed up..to much...member fee on top of stupid prices on top of whatever trains are charging these days.And when you have people sitting there in a 'whose the other team?Whose that player...ahhh photo photo photo'

And if any of our fans started acting the way Blackburn have jesus christ...that is embrassing!