Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Benatia is one of my favourite Center Backs right now. I've watched him in all of his games this season and said it lots of times on this forum - Chelsea should do anything to sign him. The perfect replacement for Terry.

Should he arrive here, I think he has be considered a regular starter from the moment he has put pen to paper. He'd be the best CB in the squad without a doubt. Terry is my hero, but right now Benatia is having the time of his life and is, no doubt, one of the best Center Backs in Europe.

I agree that he is a great CB. I don't know if he would be a automatic starter, but has the ability to be the best CB in the world. He is also a threat from set pieces.

Out :

- Mikel

- Torres

- Demba Ba

- Oscar

In:

- Shaw

- DM

- CM

- AM

- Costa

- Mandzukic

+ Thibou, PVA , Piazon , Marin , Lukaku

In regards to your outs, don't think Oscar will go. Despite Ba saying Jose asked him to stay, a good enough offer he will go IMO. Marin, van Aanholt, Bertrand, Moses, will also go I think. Your ins I think Shaw will go Utd, although I'd happily take him, Mandzukic and a DM doubtful and AM last thing we need.

I don't understand why the press constantly link us to new CB, we have Zouma, Cahill, Terry plus Ivanovic can deputise. 2+2 = 5 from a lot of these media outlets i think. More likely a CM comes in with the Luiz cash and a LB than a CB even if Benatia is quality [which he is]

Couldn't find a thread, but Pedro could be an option.

"I don't know [if I'll stay]," he told AS.

"I'm happy at the club, but I don't know what the future holds for me. I'd rather have played more, especially in big games, where I featured less.

"Overall, I ended up happy because in the games where I played, I was able to help the team a lot. We'll see what happens next year.

"It's not easy to get into the Barcelona team. The coach decided to use other players and I respect his opinion. I don't hold any grudges."

I think we need 8 defenders in our squad, with Luiz gone that leaves us with;

Ivanovic Cahill Terry Azpilicueta

Kalas Zouma ? ?

So I can see why the press would suggest that we are looking for a CB as well as a LB.

Varane makes sense, Mourinho loves him, and he could transition into Terry's place over a season.

Luke Shaw makes a lot of sense too, He is young and could transition into the LB spot gradually and in the meantime Azpilicueta is doing a fine job and later can move back to RB.

That would be a very nice mix of versatile players and youth and experience.

Kalas Zouma ? ?

So I can see why the press would suggest that we are looking for a CB as well as a LB.

Varane makes sense, Mourinho loves him, and he could transition into Terry's place over a season.

Luke Shaw makes a lot of sense too, He is young and could transition into the LB spot gradually and in the meantime Azpilicueta is doing a fine job and later can move back to RB.

Don't forget Ivanovic and Kalas can play as a CB so there would be no point in signing a CB, especially if we get in a good left back - which means Azpi will play in his natural position more often.

For fullbacks: Azpi, New LB, Ivanovic, Kalas

For CBs: Terry, Cahill, Ivanovic, Zouma, Kalas.

Signing a new CB would be unnecessary.

Don't forget Ivanovic and Kalas can play as a CB so there would be no point in signing a CB, especially if we get in a good left back - which means Azpi will play in his natural position more often.

For fullbacks: Azpi, New LB, Ivanovic, Kalas

For CBs: Terry, Cahill, Ivanovic, Zouma, Kalas.

Signing a new CB would be unnecessary.

That only leaves us with 7 defenders in the whole squad for 8 positions, unless you recall Van Aanholt as cover for LB.

Kalas Zouma ? ?

we had 6 defenders this season

GC, JT, iva, azpi, DL and AC

for the next season, u can expect more or less the same

CBs - JT, GC, iva, zouma

RBs - azpi, iva

LBs - newLB (shaw/moreno/RR), azpi

with a couple of youth/squad players providing cover. probably pva and ake/kalas/christensen.

In a dream world, we would begin the season with a squad like this:

Courtois, Schwarzer, Blackman.

Azpi, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Zouma, Varane, Shaw, Van Aanholt/Bertrand.

Matic, Koke, Ramires, Chalobah, Lampard/Baker.

Hazard, Oscar, Willian, Schurrle, Salah.

Costa, Lukaku, Bamford.

Courtois, Schwarzer, Blackman.

Azpi, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Zouma, Varane, Shaw, Van Aanholt/Bertrand.

Matic, Koke, Ramires, Chalobah, Lampard/Baker.

Costa, Lukaku, Bamford.

No Van Ginkel?

Courtois, Schwarzer,Cech Blackman.

Azpi, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Zouma, Varane,kalas/ake, Shaw, Van Aanholt/Bertrand.

Matic, Koke,Pogba, Ramires, Chalobah, Lampard/Baker, MVG

Costa, Lukaku, Ba mford.

this would be mine. :D

Kalas Zouma ? ?

Our 7th defender last year in terms of playing time was Ryan Bertrand. Our 8th was Kalas. They combined for 6 starts in all competitions. We don't need 8 defenders. We need to replace Cole and Luiz. If Zouma is likely to be in the side (which I think he is), we really only need a LB.

From Seb

CFC set to sign a center back. Decision yet to be taken re: Kurt Zouma. Loan back to @ASSEofficiel next season an option. (@francefootball)

If we're signing a new CB then Kalas and Zouma are definitely being sent out on loan.

I don't think he want to go, unless Real sign a high profile CB this summer.

I just read around that apparently Jose holds this kid in high regard but then I always think why would they get rid. But as you say it comes down to if they have a replacement in mind.