Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Can someone explain me why a team that already has a world-class right-back in Zabaleta (29) would sign Sagna (31) and offer him a contract worth around €8m per annum?!

Because Man City are going through the phase that many rich clubs go through. Why bother scouting for solutions or giving young players a chance when you can just go for the obvious name and throw money at him?

Can someone explain me why a team that already has a world-class right-back in Zabaleta (29) would sign Sagna (31) and offer him a contract worth around €8m per annum?!

Because they have no depth at that position. Sagna brings competition on a free transfer which is why his wages can be bumped up a bit.

???

I doubt madrid would give that much up for a player they really don't need. However pogba flashy style would fit right in with the galacticos.i have a feeling he ends up in Paris or in madrid. Hard to believe fergie didn't give this kid a shot at first team action when he was with united. They could really use him right now

Dani Alves to PSG and Marquinhos to Barcelona is the latest talk.

I can see this happening also, but I was at the barca board they were really disappointed when the luiz to PSG deal was announced because they really wanted him to join their team. They are not very excited with marquinos. They see him as a youngster that was riding the bench in Paris and not good enough to take Alex's starting spot.