Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Amazing fee to pay for Ake and a great move for him. Definitely a Pep CB as well.

Both Ake and Laporte play as left sided CB's so I wonder which of them will shift to the other side.

I think Ake will be more of a backup. 
imagine Laporte injured and Otamendi Ake as CB pairing. Giroud will have a field day

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

I think Ake will be more of a backup. 
imagine Laporte injured and Otamendi Ake as CB pairing. Giroud will have a field day

Have to agree. My policy on CB's is, if Pep wants them, avoid at all costs.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Will be a squad player. Wont stop them trying to sign KK from Napoli either. Stones and Otamendi both free to go by looks of Eric Garcia’s rapid rise under Pep and obviously Laporte being one of the best in Europe.

11 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Will be a squad player. Wont stop them trying to sign KK from Napoli either. Stones and Otamendi both free to go by looks of Eric Garcia’s rapid rise under Pep and obviously Laporte being one of the best in Europe.

Is Stones any good these days ?

Just now, lucio said:

Is Stones any good these days ?

Has struggled with injuries a lot the last 18 months and really hasnt made a good enough progression at City imo. Wouldn't touch him with a 12 ft barge pole if he was available. Barkley and Stones, 2 of the most average PL footballers about. Suppose would be comical if we did sign him... only 5 years too late or whatever when Jose could have moulded him into a better defender. 

Damn, I remember Stones being the hottest property out there a couple years ago with us right on the verge of getting him. He was pretty damned good initially for City as well and I was pretty jealous of them.

Now because of injuries and form I haven't even seen him in what feels like an eternity. Wonder if he can find his way back to Everton.

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Pep is going to start collecting short ass CB's, lol

Garcia 1.82m (some sites say 1.83m but no way do I think he is the same height as me, he looks tiny on the pitch, like 1.80 or 1.81 max)

Ake 1.80m (I think he is 1.78 or 1.79 without those locks, lolol)

Alaba 1.80m

Bayern will never sell him now but there were rumours he was interested in Lucas Hernández (1.82m)

same for the now 29yo Iñigo Martínez (1.82m)

Nathan Ake: Antonio Conte explains why he recalled Chelsea star ...

@Vesper what happened to Belotti? I remember you being really positive about him a long time ago. I don't follow serie A, but I remember him having a great season and then I basically never heard his name again.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn F5121 met Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Pep is going to start collecting short ass CB's, lol

Garcia 1.82m (some sites say 1.83m but no way do I think he is the same height as me, he looks tiny on the pitch, like 1.80 or 1.81 max)

Ake 1.80m (I think he is 1.78 or 1.79 without those locks, lolol)

Alaba 1.80m

Bayern will never sell him now but there were rumours he was interested in Lucas Hernández (1.82m)

same for the now 29yo Iñigo Martínez (1.82m)

I know Aké is not very tall but he can jump high and his timing is excellent. Next to an aerially dominant CB like Koulibaly I don't think he would be a liability. I'm not a big fan of him but he's better than Stones or Otamendi. He would be an excellent addition for them. As for Guardiola, you think he would have learned that you need tall and physical players in the PL especially after his first season's debacle. Leicester and Everton games come to mind.