Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

On 24/01/2020 at 1:29 PM, Superblue_1986 said:

I agree that our scouting need to be doing more. It does seem to have gone a little flat after the period where we plucked out the likes of Courtois, De Bruyne and Salah. We've made some good buys (amongst some poor ones) but they've all been well known, established European players.

It's a different period even a few years later with how inflated the market is but there are still great deals to be got. You only have to look at Arsenal's purchase of Martinelli on the cheap to see that. And at least now with Lampard in charge we have a manager who is more likely to give a younger player like this opportunities. In earlier years we would buy someone like Martinelli and loan him out for a couple of years.

I just think the top tier players will not move in January unless under extreme circumstances and with the players we are being linked with as alternatives (Dembele, etc) I'm confident we could still attract players like this in the summer with or without Champions League football so I do understand the club's position, assuming their plan is to significantly strengthen properly in the summer.

In regard to the period we had with a lot of decent signings, that was when we had De Visser doing the scouting. Once he went signings went to pot again like 2007-2010. Only time we buy decent players is when there is a reasonable buy out - Costa, Kante, Cesc etc. 

14 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

KPB is a joke and they still signed him. Tadic finished in top20 best footballers in the world in Ballon d Or 2019 voting. 

Tadic

one season wonder in a shit league

was dogshit in a real league (EPL) for years

I do note rate him at all

only 3 I liked off that entire Ajax team (I think de Ligt is overrated atm) are de Jong, Donny van de Beek, and Onana

not sold on Ziyech as he does it in a shit league, but if we fail on Grealish and Maddison, will not be shocked if we ends up here

the Eredivisie is a joke

would rather watch the Jupiler league any day unless it is a big derby amongst the big 3

AC Milan's Suso closes in on Sevilla transfer

https://www.goal.com/en/news/ac-milans-suso-closes-in-on-sevilla-transfer/1ik31aj30flm91i665htpt5keh

The Spanish winger is set to return to his home nation on a temporary deal that could become permanent

AC Milan midfielder Suso is close to joining Sevilla on a loan deal with an option for the La Liga side to buy the Spaniard in the future.

The 26-year-old will arrive in Seville on Wednesday for a medical after the two clubs agreed the 18-month loan arrangement, Goal can confirm.

Sevilla have an option to buy the Spanish winger for €20 million (£17m/$22m) at the end of the loan period, but it could become an obligation if Suso reaches a certain games target.

TMW: Milan table contract offer to Chelsea starlet; player keen on move

https://sempremilan.com/tmw-milan-table-contract-offer-to-chelsea-starlet-player-keen-on-move-the-competition

AC Milan are interested in signing Chelsea academy starlet Tariq Lamptey on a free transfer in June, according to a report.

The Rossoneri’s owners Elliott Management have so far stuck to a recruitment strategy centered around bringing in young players with high potential who can be transformed into stars.

This was shown in the summer when Theo Hernandez, Rade Krunic, Rafael Leao, Ismael Bennacer, Leo Duarte and Ante Rebic arrived for a combined €90m in the summer. The oldest of those players was 25.

The TMW network are now claiming that Milan have turned their attention to Chelsea talent Tariq Lamptey, whose contract is due to expire this summer. 

The full-back is described in the report as one of the best talents in the system at present, and has an offer on the table from both Milan and Lille for June. 

Lamptey is attracted by the idea of a move Milan but in England there are already a number of offers on the table for a January move, including €5m on the table from Brighton, Sheffield United and Crystal Palace.

snip

11 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Richarlison: Everton reject Barcelona's £85m offer

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11671/11921012/richarlison-everton-reject-barcelonas-85m-offer

Wow that's a lot. 

not if a 4 and a half year older, less prolific Zaha is valued at £80m

because.... STUPID

LOLOLOLOLOLOL