Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

5 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

I think pogba will surprise a lot of ppl this season.

Wouldn't call it surprising though.

I mean a good (and expensive) player having a good season wouldn't be a surprise. (I do get your point though)

24 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

I think pogba will surprise a lot of ppl this season.

if by "surprise" you mean reach the level everyone thought he was supposed to be at (as opposed to the shit show of last season) and that his 90M pounds price tag dictates, sure, it could happen...

Morata initial fee is 58m, Lukaku is 75m, Pogba is 89m. If Pogba considered to be a bargain, then Morata is deal of century.
None are/where value for money. Just the going rate now.

Kante on the other hand

6 minutes ago, RoyalBlues said:

Would be nice to ask PSG directly, who is available now, lol. Like Luiz last year. As much as our and their fans hate each other, it seems our club has a good relationship with them.

Who would you get from PSG?

I think we should sign a defensive midfielder, one or two wingback and maybe a winger. I think Krychowiak, Meunier and Aurier might be the ones who could be available and we should go for.

21 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

I think we should sign a defensive midfielder, one or two wingback and maybe a winger. I think Krychowiak, Meunier and Aurier might be the ones who could be available and we should go for.

Don't rate Ben Arfa at all. Would love for Matuidi (heard Juve bid 15m euros, lol, that's insulting), Aurier, Pastore or Draxler. Doubt they will want to sell Draxler, but maybe he will not be happy with Neymar signing.

7 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

Veratti :)

Can't see happening. He doesn't fit into our system. Too short, we can't play Kanté and Verratti nex to each other. Even Fábregas sits on the bench because we need a stronger, taller guy.

Just now, nyikolajevics said:

Can't see happening. He doesn't fit into our system. Too short, we can't play Kanté and Verratti nex to each other. Even Fábregas sits on the bench because we need a stronger, taller guy.

Cant see happening ... I m know that as well ... But u asked a generic question and I answered :)

Verratti fits the bill for us ... complete package in the middle. And if he doesnt fit then Conte make sure he will... remember Moses, Alonso, Luiz last season... If a player has it in him and can show it to the manager then the gaffer can do the rest. 

1 hour ago, nyikolajevics said:

He fits our system better than any other creative midfielder - he is tactically very mature and does a lot of dirty work. And no, he is not too short - you actually expect from a player like Verratti to be short, there are rarely some tall midfielders which are THAT good technically. But not from a player like Kante, there is where our problem lays.

It would be stupid not to buy Verratti if there is a chance, only because he is too short. He is even worth of changing our system to 4-3-3, you know, just dump Moses and play Azpi on the right.

3 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

Personally, I love Verratti as much as the next guy, but Rabiot might fit our needs better.  Verratti would be a Fabs replacement.

6 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

Why would Meunier be available?

28 minutes ago, ulvhedin said:

Why would Meunier be available?

Maybe because they got Alves?

They can't afford to sell both Aurier and Meunier tho, because they still need two right-backs.