Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Just can't understand it from any angle except for Neymar wanting more money. Joining a nothing league and a a club that are basically the Man City of France. No one really cares about PSG outside of France. They have no better chance of winning the CL than Barca do.

I could understand if he went to another historically giant club like Milan/Juve/Bayern, but PSG? They'll win their weak league by 30 points and every season will be seen as a total failure unless they win the CL. I mean, they had Zlatan scoring bonkers numbers and they still didn't get that close to winning it.

Were Barca just unwilling or unable to pay anywhere close to what PSG are offering him in wages?

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Just can't understand it from any angle except for Neymar wanting more money. Joining a nothing league and a a club that are basically the Man City of France. No one really cares about PSG outside of France. They have no better chance of winning the CL than Barca do.

I could understand if he went to another historically giant club like Milan/Juve/Bayern, but PSG? They'll win their weak league by 30 points and every season will be seen as a total failure unless they win the CL. I mean, they had Zlatan scoring bonkers numbers and they still didn't get that close to winning it.

Were Barca just unwilling or unable to pay anywhere close to what PSG are offering him in wages?

His greedy father is there for a reason. Heard he will get around 58m.

Everton’s £50m move for Sigurdsson may be completed ‘within days’

This is getting absurd. 
Say what you want about the board but this market is crazy and they been doing good. 
We just need to put more trust in youth. 

3 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Everton’s £50m move for Sigurdsson may be completed ‘within days’

This is getting absurd. 
Say what you want about the board but this market is crazy and they been doing good. 
We just need to put more trust in youth. 

They will want the same amount for Barkley then.

13 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I think he doesn't want to be in Messi's shadow anymore, in PSG and even whole France league, he will be the main star. Although I also can't understand his decision, of course he will receive more money, but If I were him, I'd never go from one of biggest team in the world and playing with the likes of Messi, Suarez and Iniesta to PSG and weaker league.
But wathever is said, this deal is huge and will be remembered for a long time.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

People used to say the same thing about Chelsea 12 years ago.

41 minutes ago, manpe said:

Neymar isn't even that good, PSG are idiots.

I'm far from a Neymar fan, but he is really THAT GOOD. Saying Neymar is not that good is like the talk about Messi only being good because of Xavi and Iniesta that I used to read in this forum years ago.

1 minute ago, Henrique said:

I'm far from a Neymar fan, but he is really THAT GOOD. Saying Neymar is not that good is like the talk about Messi only being good because of Xavi and Iniesta that I used to read in this forum years ago.

He is not 222 million euros worth of good. Half of that at best, and even then overpriced.

13 minutes ago, Henrique said:

Pogba is a poor man's Kante.

disagree. Very different characteristics: Kante has the work rate, but pogba has the technique. Combine the two and you would have an almost perfect mid (still missing the goals though).

BTW, while kante's work rate can be very valuable to any side, I think refined technique is rarer, and consequently, more expensive.

One could say Fabregas is poor man's pogba. ;) I'm in the minority here as I think Fabregas cannot possibly play week in and out effectively replacing Matic (there was a reason Matic played).