Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

2 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

So spending 130 million on three players is stagnant ?. Brighton have just broken their transfer record six million quid you can't compare teams like Huddersfield and Brighton to us it's pointless. We'll be lucky to get half of 58 million for Costa. Spurs haven't bought a single player to my knowledge. Chucking money money around left right and centre doesn't make success a certainty as Man City and United found out last season.

Costa OUT, Morata IN  (stagnant and arguably even a downgrade)

Matic OUT, Bakayoko IN (slight upgrade but could be consdered stagnant)

Begovic OUT, Caballero IN (switching one decent backup GK for another, stagnant)

Rudiger IN (decent reinforcement for the squad but doesn't seem to be starter quality)

So in effect, the only addition (and not replacement) we've made is Rudiger, a squad player.... For a team who just won the title, wants to build on that and compete in 4 competitions, that is pretty woeful. Conte, Cahill and others also keep emphasizing the need for more players, this is not some sort of well kept secret.

As to Costa, the only reason we'll struggle to get 58M for him is because of the way events unfolded between him and Conte, had none of that happened, we could have probably fetched a nice sum for him... In any case, that wasn't my point here. I wanted to refute the idea that signing Morata for 58M is a sign that we aren't stagnant, IMO it is, since he is a replacement for a better player (Costa)

2 minutes ago, oldportblue said:

Costa OUT, Morata IN  (stagnant and arguably even a downgrade)

Matic OUT, Bakayoko IN (slight upgrade but could be consdered stagnant)

Rudiger IN (decent reinforcement for the squad but doesn't seem to be starter quality)

So in effect, the only addition (and not replacement) we've made is Rudiger, a squad player.... For a team who just won the title, wants to build on that and compete in 4 competitions, that is pretty woeful. Conte, Cahill and others also keep emphasizing the need for more players, this is no some sort of well kept secret.

As to Costa, the only reason we'll struggle to get 58M for him is because of the way events unfolded between him and Conte, had none of that happened, we could have probably fetched a nice sum for him... In any case, that wasn't my point here. I wanted to refute the idea that signing Morata for 58M is a sign that we aren't stagnant, IMO it is, since he is a replacement for a better player (Costa)

I agree we need new players but your original point was we were being outspent by the likes of Huddersfield which clearly we aren't. I am very nonplussed about Costa doesn't that sum the geezer up that we will get a reduced fee for the baggage he brings and the twat he is.

6 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

I agree we need new players but your original point was we were being outspent by the likes of Huddersfield which clearly we aren't. I am very nonplussed about Costa doesn't that sum the geezer up that we will get a reduced fee for the baggage he brings and the twat he is.

Agree, about Costa, great player but massive pain in the ass and not the sharpest tool in the shed as they say...

But in terms of our spending we are truly behind the like of huddersfield. Counting only spending paints a false picture. To truly understand the investment being put in, it is crucial to review departures as well. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree

14 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Right now as it stands with Bakayoko still injured and Hazard out, along with the squad as thin as it is, that game at WHL could be an absolute mauling.

New look Everton will give us problems as well. Won't be surprised at all if we lose that. Cesc in the middle with Gaye etc running rings around him will be painful to watch. Cesc's lack of mobility also brings Kante's level down because he's got to do two jobs at once.

We should've fucking kept Matic and played him in these first couple of games and sold him on deadline day. We've now weakened ourselves at the start of the season and made it so that United can more easily hit the ground running. And now they'll be after Bale, too.

46 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Right now as it stands with Bakayoko still injured and Hazard out, along with the squad as thin as it is, that game at WHL could be an absolute mauling.

Wembley. Wonder how many tickets we will get ?.

14 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Can't get my head around them being there.

There was a conversation about this on radio the other day with the usual crew of overpaid (if they are paid at all that is overpaying them.) studio 'guests'. They all tried to pretend they knew something about this but they clearly had no clue. It's not reasonable to expect contributors to a radio show to know everything about everything (something about something every once in while, would be nice) but they have resources. There are people who will find out for them if they only had the honesty to admit that they didn't know. It P's me off when people who are paid to talk about football put absolutely no effort into it, and instead just turn up, repeat the same nonsense they said last time and collect their cash.

In fact Spurs announced a few weeks ago the sections of Wembley they will allocate to away sides. Those sections contain just over 3,000 seats, and, sure enough, when our tickets went on sale yesterday we had been allocated 3,106. Tottenham claim that, in order to try to create a 'home' atmosphere in the stadium, they will not increase that figure regardless of ticket availability. To be fair though, the club says that the 3,106 tickets are an 'initial' allocation, so perhaps Spurs are reconsidering that policy and will provide extra seats if their own demand won't fill the venue.

And now another new entry in the latest will we will not transfer charts...

Chelsea plot second transfer raid on Monaco for defender Djibril Sidibe

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/838279/Chelsea-Djibril-Sidibe-Monaco-Transfer-News-Gossip

On 8/6/2017 at 10:32 AM, Sh0n3x said:

I don't think the club bas done bad in this transfer window, though obviously they haven't done amazing. From the way people seem to react, I would think the club hasn't brought a single player...

Check this page. We actually have a balance of around -15m for this transfer window, while we still haven't sold Costa.

To replace 29y Matic with 22y old Bakayoko for around the same money is a good deal for me if player turn out well for us.

To get Morata at 24y old for 55.25m is also a good deal considering his experience, versatility and age.

Caballero isn't as good as Begovic, but you don't really expect to keep a GK of such a quality sitting on a bench for more then a season or two? I woudn't say our rivals have a much better backup GK anyway?

As for the full backs, I wouldn't blame the club so much. From what I've understood, we tried signing Walker and Danilo, but players chosen to work with Guardiola. We also seem to be pushing really hard to sign Alex Sandro, but obviously Juve won't sell. If club is ready to offer 50+ million for a fullback, I can't be really angry with them.

I already commented on Drinkwater transfer, but with Terry gone, we need to increase homegrown quota, we need to increase midfield depth (which is currently 3 players for 2 positions), so to get an experienced homegrown good all around midfielder, for me is a good work.

So we still haven't replaced  Oscar and Ivanovic. All we have done is to replace but not to add or increase. How we were talking about players like Verratti and now we are ending with Drinkwater is just unbelievable. We could have rather kept Pasalic but instead from AC MIlan we loan him to Turkey. Maybe the Boss wants to start getting profit for the running of chelsea which he deserves and has earned but its too much. All the top table teams are buying more than they are selling and those who are not buying are not selling but we are just going round in circles not progress but actually we are regressing. 

Baka is agood long term player but never a replacement for Matic. Morata the same. I still feel we missed the lukaku train. Begovic-Caballero. I can't justify this transfer window. Did we really have to sell Traore so that musonda or boga will play. He is far more experienced than the two. I would have been more comfortable if he was the one coming off the bench instead of Musonda but its too late. Look at the system chelsea run. Its successful like everyone says but everyone knows its not attractive. How we fix it i don't know.

Liverpool reach deal in principle to sell Philippe Coutinho to Barcelona - sources

Barcelona have an agreement in principle to sign Philippe Coutinho from Liverpool for a base fee of €90 million (£81.6m) with bonuses that could bring the deal to €120m (£108.8m), sources close to the Catalan club told ESPN Deportes' Jordi Blanco.

1 hour ago, xPetrCechx said:

Liverpool reach deal in principle to sell Philippe Coutinho to Barcelona - sources

Barcelona have an agreement in principle to sign Philippe Coutinho from Liverpool for a base fee of €90 million (£81.6m) with bonuses that could bring the deal to €120m (£108.8m), sources close to the Catalan club told ESPN Deportes' Jordi Blanco.

As I mentioned before if Liverpool sell they will spend all that money of VVD

23 minutes ago, Fernando said:

As I mentioned before if Liverpool sell they will spend all that money of VVD

With Coutinho gone and Lallana injured ? They have to get a replacement, dont they ?

Chelsea ready to beat Man Utd to Gareth Bale: Antonio Conte wants marquee signing - report

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/635929/Gareth-Bale-Chelsea-Man-Utd-Real-Madrid-Antonio-Conte-Jose-Mourinho-rumours-gossip-news

It is the Star tho so...Get your tits out for Gareth Bale get your tits out get your tits out