Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

5 hours ago, Sh0n3x said:

I don't think the club bas done bad in this transfer window, though obviously they haven't done amazing. From the way people seem to react, I would think the club hasn't brought a single player...

Check this page. We actually have a balance of around -15m for this transfer window, while we still haven't sold Costa.

To replace 29y Matic with 22y old Bakayoko for around the same money is a good deal for me if player turn out well for us.

To get Morata at 24y old for 55.25m is also a good deal considering his experience, versatility and age.

Caballero isn't as good as Begovic, but you don't really expect to keep a GK of such a quality sitting on a bench for more then a season or two? I woudn't say our rivals have a much better backup GK anyway?

As for the full backs, I wouldn't blame the club so much. From what I've understood, we tried signing Walker and Danilo, but players chosen to work with Guardiola. We also seem to be pushing really hard to sign Alex Sandro, but obviously Juve won't sell. If club is ready to offer 50+ million for a fullback, I can't be really angry with them.

I already commented on Drinkwater transfer, but with Terry gone, we need to increase homegrown quota, we need to increase midfield depth (which is currently 3 players for 2 positions), so to get an experienced homegrown good all around midfielder, for me is a good work.

Just looking at players who came, we did good job yes. Morata, Bakayoko, Rudiger and Caballero are all good players.

But looking at the situation from afar, this summer has been piss poor once again. We had two things, improving squad in quality and quantity. 

Month later, we are even thinner in depth and its hard to say Morata is better striker than Costa or Bakayoko better than Matic. We made player for player replacements, but we still lack depth and a big question if we brought clear quality that will elevate us to next level. 

Finaly looking at fact we have zero proper backup for midfield and wingbacks, it says enough how much work we still need to do. Our team lacks competition and thats why it seems sometimes the players dont even give a shit. Because there is no one to replace them. And even if there are, we sell them (Matic). 

Our squad at start of last season featured nearly world class Eden and Costa in attack, super Kante and last minute buys in defence which turned out quite good (Alonso and Luiz). 

This season we have (apart from injuries) replaced Matic with Bakayoko who I believe is at least as good, but still atm leaves us with no competition and backup after Matic sale, Morata who is promising but not nearly as deadly as Costa, Rudiger who is IMO good option. But apart from that, we only made player for player replacements. Absolutely zero actual improvement in squad depth, competition and top class quality in areas we needed to improve (wingbacks and maybe midfield). 

There are 3 more weeks and we simply must get Sandro, proper rwb and midfield backup.

Not to mention our current squad looks fatigued as fuck, lacks desire and not nearly fitness ready like last season.

As for money balance, yeah it looks good, but I couldnt care less. Not a single top club gives a shit about it anymore. 

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

Just looking at players who came, we did good job yes. Morata, Bakayoko, Rudiger and Caballero are all good players.

But looking at the situation from afar, this summer has been piss poor once again. We had two things, improving squad in quality and quantity. 

Month later, we are even thinner in depth and its hard to say Morata is better striker than Costa or Bakayoko better than Matic. We made player for player replacements, but we still lack depth and a big question if we brought clear quality that will elevate us to next level. 

Finaly looking at fact we have zero proper backup for midfield and wingbacks, it says enough how much work we still need to do. Our team lacks competition and thats why it seems sometimes the players dont even give a shit. Because there is no one to replace them. And even if there are, we sell them (Matic). 

Our squad at start of last season featured nearly world class Eden and Costa in attack, super Kante and last minute buys in defence which turned out quite good (Alonso and Luiz). 

This season we have (apart from injuries) replaced Matic with Bakayoko who I believe is at least as good, but still atm leaves us with no competition and backup after Matic sale, Morata who is promising but not nearly as deadly as Costa, Rudiger who is IMO good option. But apart from that, we only made player for player replacements. Absolutely zero actual improvement in squad depth, competition and top class quality in areas we needed to improve (wingbacks and maybe midfield). 

There are 3 more weeks and we simply must get Sandro, proper rwb and midfield backup.

Not to mention our current squad looks fatigued as fuck, lacks desire and not nearly fitness ready like last season.

As for money balance, yeah it looks good, but I couldnt care less. Not a single top club gives a shit about it anymore. 

Totally agree on the fitness levels cramps on Pedro already, azpi looked fucked, morata had to run back to left back at one point to cover him.

What is it that people are hoping for prior to the start of the season? 

I honestly think picking up Drinkwater and Ox would be enough in my opinion. 

I feel as if the middle is where we are a little lacking in depth at the moment, but a core of Kante, Baka, Cesc and Drinkwater to rotate is good enough IMO. Drinkwater isn't some slouch like people make him out to be. Add in the Ox as well given how versatile he is. 

I think it also takes care of the wingback deal going on. We'd have Azpi, Moses, Alonso, Ox and Kennedy if need be to run the wingback roles. Getting Baba back wouldn't be a bad idea. 

Some of you are unrealistic in regards to wanting world beaters at every position. There is more competition these days. More clubs with backing behind them. It just isn't going to happen unless we go all out for 10 years, build a winning culture, while playing dominating football. Not exactly easy to do. Barca was blessed with a great youth academy at the right time, and everything came together. They suddenly became looked at in the same vein as Real and Man United. I believe we were close to breaking into that, but had to many in between years after Jose left the first time. 

2 hours ago, Thor said:

What is it that people are hoping for prior to the start of the season? 

I honestly think picking up Drinkwater and Ox would be enough in my opinion. 

I feel as if the middle is where we are a little lacking in depth at the moment, but a core of Kante, Baka, Cesc and Drinkwater to rotate is good enough IMO. Drinkwater isn't some slouch like people make him out to be. Add in the Ox as well given how versatile he is. 

I think it also takes care of the wingback deal going on. We'd have Azpi, Moses, Alonso, Ox and Kennedy if need be to run the wingback roles. Getting Baba back wouldn't be a bad idea. 

Some of you are unrealistic in regards to wanting world beaters at every position. There is more competition these days. More clubs with backing behind them. It just isn't going to happen unless we go all out for 10 years, build a winning culture, while playing dominating football. Not exactly easy to do. Barca was blessed with a great youth academy at the right time, and everything came together. They suddenly became looked at in the same vein as Real and Man United. I believe we were close to breaking into that, but had to many in between years after Jose left the first time. 

I wouldn't be giving our scouting team any xmas bonus again this year !

DGofy7XXgAA5LAK.jpg:large

So we're being outspent by bournemouth, huddersfield, newcastle and leicester (not to mention by MU, MC, arse and scousers) at the moment... Also I just read that Roman is getting divorced with his wife of like 10 years, Daria Zhukova... maybe this has had an impact on his involvement in transfers this summer? Obviously I have no clue and am just speculating but it could be...

In any case, I can see us doing a big late push and getting a few players in, van dijk and drinkwater seem the most likely at the moment and I would welcome both tbh (drinkwater as a competent back up midfielder). There is also news that liverpool has pulled out of signing van dijk altogether, with him currently on strike at his club asking for a move away, I hope and think we should be able to close that deal

8 minutes ago, oldportblue said:

DGofy7XXgAA5LAK.jpg:large

So we're being outspent by bournemouth, huddersfield, newcastle and leicester (not to mention by MU, MC, arse and scousers) at the moment... Also I just read that Roman is getting divorced with his wife of like 10 years, Daria Zhukova... maybe this has had an impact on his involvement in transfers this summer? Obviously I have no clue and am just speculating but it could be...

In any case, I can see us doing a big late push and getting a few players in, van dijk and drinkwater seem the most likely at the moment and I would welcome both tbh (drinkwater as a competent back up midfielder). There is also news that liverpool has pulled out of signing van dijk altogether, with him currently on strike at his club asking for a move away, I hope and think we should be able to close that deal

Net spending means basically the difference between sales and buys hence the 19.5 million figure.Huddersfield haven't spent 58 million pound on a forward have they ?.

5 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Net spending means basically the difference between sales and buys hence the 19.5 million figure.Huddersfield haven't spent 58 million pound on a forward have they ?.

Are Huddersfield losing a striker that is worth potentially even more than 58 Million pounds, like we are with Costa? And Costa hasn't even been sold yet, once he does, our net spend will be in the negative.

Net spending is the best way to see who has truly strengthened (MU, City) and who has pretty much sold and bought at the same level to remain stagnant (us)

1 minute ago, oldportblue said:

Are Huddersfield losing a striker that is worth potentially even more than 58 Million pounds, like we are with Costa? And Costa hasn't even been sold yet, once he does, our net spend will be in the positive.

Net spending is the best way to see who has truly strengthened (MU, City) and who has pretty much sold and bought at the same level to remain stagnant (us)

So spending 130 million on three players is stagnant ?. Brighton have just broken their transfer record six million quid you can't compare teams like Huddersfield and Brighton to us it's pointless. We'll be lucky to get half of 58 million for Costa. Spurs haven't bought a single player to my knowledge. Chucking money money around left right and centre doesn't make success a certainty as Man City and United found out last season.