Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Ryan, that's quite a shopping list for the January window...

No more of these please. We have them coming out the wazoo. Moses and Marin should be enough to rotate. Plus, the one's you've mentioned would be ridiculously expensive for just a rotation player.

A striker and defensive-mid are top of the list and are of equal, crucial importance in my eyes. If we just get them, i'll be a very happy bunny indeed.

Well, Isco hasn't been getting paid by Málaga for quite a while and has been talking about leaving as a result, so I wouldn't think he would be too expensive. I'd love to snap him up to be honest, what a player he is. Marin gets injured a lot also, and a bit of competition is healthy I think. ;)

Ryan, that's quite a shopping list for the January window...

No more of these please. We have them coming out the wazoo. Moses and Marin should be enough to rotate. Plus, the one's you've mentioned would be ridiculously expensive for just a rotation player.

A striker and defensive-mid are top of the list and are of equal, crucial importance in my eyes. If we just get them, i'll be a very happy bunny indeed.

Isco has a release clause of €17 million. He is worth much more than that. At least €18 million.

Isco has a release clause of €17 million. He is worth much more than that.

Not bad at all. Although if he hands in a transfer request we could probably get him for €10 million. I wouldn't mind getting Monreal from them either if Ashley leaves in the summer. He's a quality left-back.

We have been doing some good business in last couple windows (Azpi, Cahill, Moses, Marin) so i'd expect we will be able to get a cheap, solid, midfielder.

And also a cheap striker, if Roman doesn't feel like spending 50m on Falcao :D

nothing, im afraid, is expected with Roman and his clowns at the Helm. hahaha

Im at the point where i really just want someone to score,, whether it be Falcao, Cavani, we just need a damn ST. and honestly this charade that Torres is putting on now that Rafa is his manger and the Jan Tranfer window is near ain't gonna move me one bit. You had your chance, now make way for a player who understands the simple concept that shooting at goal can equate to a goal scored. what a freakin concept.

Well, Isco hasn't been getting paid by Málaga for quite a while and has been talking about leaving as a result, so I wouldn't think he would be too expensive. I'd love to snap him up to be honest, what a player he is. Marin gets injured a lot also, and a bit of competition is healthy I think. ;)

I understand your worries about Marin, but I don't think we should give up on him just yet. We have nearly 2 months to see what he can do if he forces his way into the 11, plus, we did spend a bit of dosh on him.

As for Isco, I'm not so sure. Young Spanish midfielders are at a premium right now (Javi Martinez anyone?), so I don't think any of them will go for cheap, even one in Isco's position. Malaga would rather hold onto him than flog him on the cheap.

I understand your worries about Marin, but I don't think we should give up on him just yet. We have nearly 2 months to see what he can do if he forces his way into the 11, plus, we did spend a bit of dosh on him.

As for Isco, I'm not so sure. Young Spanish midfielders are at a premium right now (Javi Martinez anyone?), so I don't think any of them will go for cheap, even one in Isco's position. Malaga would rather hold onto him than flog him on the cheap.

I definitely don't think we should give up on Marin. He deserves a chance to show what he can do, just like any other player. Unfortunately for him and for us, he hasn't really had the opportunity to show what he can do yet because of injuries and attempting to break into the first-team. I just think we always be prepared for what may go wrong. Let's say Mata gets injured, then Moses, Oscar and Hazard are going to be our three main starters in the attacking midfield positions but they can't play every game. This leaves only one attacking midfielder to rotate with, Marin (assuming he's fit). I haven't yet seen enough of Piazon in the first-team to be fully convinced that he is capable of being a reliable back-up player. With someone like Isco added to our options, it wouldn't be a bad thing. And it would probably allow Piazon to go out on loan and get some experience if that's what the club feels is best for him.

But I do agree. It's possible that Málaga would want to hold on to him. But they can only do so much to hold onto him when they're not paying him at all. But if we were to sign Isco, we would have to act fast. The more hype he gets, the higher that price tag will go and more and more teams will be interested.

Let's say Mata gets injured, then Moses, Oscar and Hazard are going to be our three main starters in the attacking midfield positions but they can't play every game. This leaves only one attacking midfielder to rotate with, Marin (assuming he's fit). I haven't yet seen enough of Piazon in the first-team to be fully convinced that he is capable of being a reliable back-up player. With someone like Isco added to our options, it wouldn't be a bad thing. And it would probably allow Piazon to go out on loan and get some experience if that's what the club feels is best for him.

Absolutely. I can see where you're coming from, and should look at it in the summer at least.

However, right now in the January window I feel we need to get our priorities right and spend smartly (especially with no CL revenue). A DM and ST are top of the list, anything else might be a bit luxury in a transitional season I feel. Any kinks or weakness in the squad can always be ironed out in the summer.

With Romeu out now i think paulinho or capoue should be our primary cdm targets.

Paulinho is not a DM, he plays alongside Ralf (CDM).

He is much more like Fernandinho, with better stamina, shooting and worse passing and vision (but still good).

Paulinho is not a DM, he plays alongside Ralf (CDM).

He is much more like Fernandinho, with better stamina, shooting and worse passing and vision (but still good).

Could he complement Ramires? I know they have played together for Brazil - would it work?

Wish Romulo wasn't injured. He is the player we could really do with!

Could he complement Ramires? I know they have played together for Brazil - would it work?

Wish Romulo wasn't injured. He is the player we could really do with!

Romulo is good, I would get him in a heart beat!

Paulinho can work well with Rambo, if you are playing Nordsjaelland everyweek. The games Brazil are playing are vs teams with free calendar (China, Japan, Haiti, Sauth Africa, Home Argentina, etc), so they dont really offer any danger. Paulinho and Ramires would be just as terrible as Oscar/Rambo and Lampard/Rambo. I would never get him to play as a DM.

Romulo is good, I would get him in a heart beat!

Paulinho can work well with Rambo, if you are playing Nordsjaelland everyweek. The games Brazil are playing are vs teams with free calendar (China, Japan, Haiti, Sauth Africa, Home Argentina, etc), so they dont really offer any danger. Paulinho and Ramires would be just as terrible as Oscar/Rambo and Lampard/Rambo. I would never get him to play as a DM.

Do you think potentially he can be better then ramires or fernandinho?Also i have heard that he is a real handfull in the air.

Do you think potentially he can be better then ramires or fernandinho?Also i have heard that he is a real handfull in the air.

I do, he will need that playmaker mentality Fernandinho already has, but he is better at defending, knows how to head and has more pace.

Anyone looking at the DM spot will be completely wrong, however he is one of the best CMs Brazil has. We only have to be careful not to overload the pivot position. We would have Ramires, Lampard, KDB, Paulinho and Oscar (maybe)...

Right now, our priorities are a DM and ST.