Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Sorry, but weren't you earlier suggesting that we buy Capoue and play him there despite him only ever having played for Toulouse?

That sounds somewhat inconsistent, although it's nice that you now acknowledge that he has at least played in the DM role in the past. :yay:

There is a big difference between playing DM alone and playing when youre apart of "double pivot". Capoue played as a single DM, Fellaini isnt. And i dont think you got me- i do not think Fellaini is a good DM, barley a good Premier League DM for my taste. Thats the point. i do think Capoue is a very good one. And btw, my suggestion was playing Capoue next to two midfielders like Moutinho and Oscar, you suggested playing Fellaini next to Oscar and that it. That's crazy to even think it could work. In what team that kind of central midfield everr worked?

Sorry but he cant do that. Dont know how you got the impression that he can do that in the top levels of football, you dont have evidence fot it.

i do not think Fellaini is a good DM, barley a good Premier League DM for my taste.

First you said he hadn't played DM, now you're saying he isn't a good one. :wank2:

My personal view (based on actually watching Fellani) is that he would be an upgrade on the role Mikel fulfils at the moment. I think we actually play Ramires alongside Mikel to cover up some of his weaknesses. I think Fellaini could be entrusted with Mikel's role and we could play Oscar alongside him. Fellaini would be the stopper who could drop back into defence and be the extra man whilst Oscar could be our Alonso/Schweinsteiger.

There is a big difference between playing DM alone and playing when youre apart of "double pivot". Capoue played as a single DM, Fellaini isnt. And i dont think you got me- i do not think Fellaini is a good DM, barley a good Premier League DM for my taste. Thats the point. i do think Capoue is a very good one. And btw, my suggestion was playing Capoue next to two midfielders like Moutinho and Oscar, you suggested playing Fellaini next to Oscar and that it. That's crazy to even think it could work. In what team that kind of central midfield everr worked?

So you would bench Rambo and Mikel?

I think Mikel Fellaini would work nice.

Or play Hazard-Fellaini-Mata and Oscar-Mikel in pivot pair.

First you said he hadn't played DM, now you're saying he isn't a good one. :wank2:

My personal view (based on actually watching Fellani) is that he would be an upgrade on the role Mikel fulfils at the moment. I think we actually play Ramires alongside Mikel to cover up some of his weaknesses. I think Fellaini could be entrusted with Mikel's role and we could play Oscar alongside him. Fellaini would be the stopper who could drop back into defence and be the extra man whilst Oscar could be our Alonso/Schweinsteiger.

Thing is, i never said it. I talked about this season, which surprisingly is the season everyone talks about him more and here you all and wants him in Chelsea. Oscar will never be our Alonso/Schweinsteiger, he's not that type of player, and he will never be effective in the defensive midfield like those two. He could develop to play in the double pivot, but it needs to be next to a much better defender than Fellaini.

So you would bench Rambo and Mikel?

I think Mikel Fellaini would work nice.

Or play Hazard-Fellaini-Mata and Oscar-Mikel in pivot pair.

omg.

If i could get better options than Ramires and Mikel, options that will suit our style better, sure. Thing is i dont know what our style will be. and i defenetly dont want us to play with someone like Fellaini as a AM... who are we Everton?

Mikel - Fellaini will give you almost nothing new and wont answer any of our problems in midfield.

Thing is, i never said it. I talked about this season, which surprisingly is the season everyone talks about him more and here you all and wants him in Chelsea. Oscar will never be our Alonso/Schweinsteiger, he's not that type of player, and he will never be effective in the defensive midfield like those two. He could develop to play in the double pivot, but it needs to be next to a much better defender than Fellaini.

You didn't make it clear you were talking about this season. Also, we've been linked to this guy on and off for two years. I don't know if you were following us then or not, but he's looked for a while like he could end up here.

Neither Alonso or Schweinsteiger are what I would call DMs. Alonso tends to play alongside Khedira whilst Schweinsteiger plays alongside Gustavo (or at least he did when I was watching them much of last season). Fellaini could be that DM whilst Oscar could be the deep-lying playmaker. It's a little different from what he's perhap accustomed to but I think he could do it. Plus I love his work-rate and willingness to win the ball.

omg.

If i could get better options than Ramires and Mikel, options that will suit our style better, sure. Thing is i dont know what our style will be. and i defenetly dont want us to play with someone like Fellaini as a AM... who are we Everton?

Mikel - Fellaini will give you almost nothing new and wont answer any of our problems in midfield.

Fellaini is one of best midfielders (allround) in PL. Thats a fact, even he plays for Everton. If he wouldnt play for them, his price would be 40mio and everyone would want him here. Drogba played for Marseile, Oscar for Internacional,...you say Fella is not good cuz he plays for Everton? Well done. Then Rooney sucked to I guess as he was Everton player.

Fellaini scored 8! goals and made 3 assists this year, what counts more he physicaly destroyed City, United and Arsenal. Its not all about fancy passing etc, we have enough such players. Fellaini would add something more to the team we lack big. Power and stamina.

-He can run forever, Mata, Oscar get tired quickly. Fellaini almost doesnt need rest

-He is not injury prone

-Lot of experience in PL and he is one of best MFs in league.

-Great age to add some experience yet has best years ahead.

-Show lot of passion in each game, never gives up.

-Can become a legend, very calm and humble player.

-Hard worker, we lack them a lot.

-AVAILABLE

----

Yes, Vidal, Alonso, Witsel are players I rate above Fellaini. Are they available? NO! Is Cabaye available? NO. Will we pay 40mio for Moutinho? No. Are we linked with Fernandinho? No.

Tell me for better player that we have been linked with and is in range of 25mio pounds?

I wonder what will you say when United or someone buys him and he will destroy us. Everton player? Noh, we dont need him, he too bad, lets go after Isco, he is so good, lets have team of weak players. Play barca style in PL.

And to what point is Capoue who never played outside france makes you think he is better than Fellaini?

We should have signed Alex Song and played him as the deep lying playmaker next to Mikel, he adapted to a more attacking role last season providing great long passes from deep and also showing other parts of his game I didn't think he was that good at (most notably his brilliant dribbling for example that assist vs Dortmund where he took the ball past two or three defenders in the corner). Hes now wasting on the bench at Barca...

How many times does it have to be said? FELLAINI IS NOT A DM. He only started playing well when Everton moved him higher up the pitch and even so, he is extremely overpriced right now. However I do agree we need a DM (not CM).

Fellaini is basically playing as a second striker right now...maybe even just as a striker. Everton run their attack through him. He has more shots than Jelavic despite playing in one less game. He's a talented but flawed player and as you say, massively overpriced right now.

Fellaini is basically playing as a second striker right now...maybe even just as a striker. Everton run their attack through him. He has more shots than Jelavic despite playing in one less game. He's a talented but flawed player and as you say, massively overpriced right now.

Well, he fits our recent criteria for January transfers...

Fellaini is a DM, i agree this year he is playing as second striker, but i can't understand why some people are saying "he is not a DM"...

He played as DM in standard de liège, and some years in Everton. He told himself that his best position is DM and that's the position he prefers to play.

For the national team he played DM some years, and witsel was cam, winger, or cm. But now that witsel became a world class DM, fellaini is a cm for the team.

He could be an upgrade to mikel's position in term of aerial balls, he is very stronger. He could deliver transition passes, but his passing rate is lower.

He can add something, but i don't see him as a finished product yet.

How many times does it have to be said? FELLAINI IS NOT A DM. He only started playing well when Everton moved him higher up the pitch and even so, he is extremely overpriced right now. However I do agree we need a DM (not CM).

That's simply not true. He was playing extremely well when he was a DM at Everton. It was around that time that we were first linked with him too.

I swear it's like some people's knowledge of football doesn't extend beyond the first day of this season - they're going to wet their pants when they find out we won the Champions League in May.

That's simply not true. He was playing extremely well when he was a DM at Everton. It was around that time that we were first linked with him too.

I swear it's like some people's knowledge of football doesn't extend beyond the first day of this season - they're going to wet their pants when they find out we won the Champions League in May.

Right it's like saying that Ramires is only a right winger :fainthv9:

Fellaini is one of best midfielders (allround) in PL. Thats a fact, even he plays for Everton. If he wouldnt play for them, his price would be 40mio and everyone would want him here. Drogba played for Marseile, Oscar for Internacional,...you say Fella is not good cuz he plays for Everton? Well done. Then Rooney sucked to I guess as he was Everton player.

Fellaini scored 8! goals and made 3 assists this year, what counts more he physicaly destroyed City, United and Arsenal. Its not all about fancy passing etc, we have enough such players. Fellaini would add something more to the team we lack big. Power and stamina.

-He can run forever, Mata, Oscar get tired quickly. Fellaini almost doesnt need rest

-He is not injury prone

-Lot of experience in PL and he is one of best MFs in league.

-Great age to add some experience yet has best years ahead.

-Show lot of passion in each game, never gives up.

-Can become a legend, very calm and humble player.

-Hard worker, we lack them a lot.

-AVAILABLE

----

Yes, Vidal, Alonso, Witsel are players I rate above Fellaini. Are they available? NO! Is Cabaye available? NO. Will we pay 40mio for Moutinho? No. Are we linked with Fernandinho? No.

Tell me for better player that we have been linked with and is in range of 25mio pounds?

I wonder what will you say when United or someone buys him and he will destroy us. Everton player? Noh, we dont need him, he too bad, lets go after Isco, he is so good, lets have team of weak players. Play barca style in PL.

And to what point is Capoue who never played outside france makes you think he is better than Fellaini?

Fellaini, as a AM beside Mata and Hazard? that wont work, its a totally different football, what kind of football will we play? and more importantly- it wont happen. What manager will go for this? it seems like you always suggest players to buy but you dont think logicly. Answer this- who will bring Fellaini to play AM in Chelsea?

And you have your opinions and i have mine, i dont think Fellaini should play DM in a team like Chelsea, and wont help our problems as a CM.