WHS Inside Source - 2 Players Leaving in January

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done WHS!, i didn't want these players to go, i understand Alex going, but Anelka should stay he's still a useful player, it's players like Kalou and Malouda who struggle to even put a decent performance in, where as Anelka is a consistent substitute, and Alex, well he will never be able to play in our highline defending, not possible for him.

Well done WHS!, i didn't want these players to go, i understand Alex going, but Anelka should stay he's still a useful player, it's players like Kalou and Malouda who struggle to even put a decent performance in, where as Anelka is a consistent substitute, and Alex, well he will never be able to play in our highline defending, not possible for him.

Sentiment... Anelka must go, he's old and past it, we shouldn't make exceptions if we want to turn this team around.. we shouldn't hold on to him just because he is above average when he feels like it. He doesn't have anything new to offer. Far too inconsistent just like Malouda and Kalou, but on his day better than both. It's a correct decision to let him go.

I disagree about Anelka. He is a useful player, but also on high wages and we don't want to be extending his contract when he is entering the late years of his career. Besides, I doubt he is happy with warming the bench at 32 years of age.

Sentiment... Anelka must go, he's old and past it, we shouldn't make exceptions if we want to turn this team around.. we shouldn't hold on to him just because he is above average when he feels like it. He doesn't have anything new to offer. Far too inconsistent just like Malouda and Kalou, but on his day better than both. It's a correct decision to let him go.

He did want to go and your right we should let him go, but i think he's worth it to convince, if we ever buy new and young players, people like Anelka will be vital in a way, to bring experience to the squad and coming on in times of need. However i don't know why he wants to go, if it's because lack of first team football, then yes he should go, even i wouldn't insist him getting first team football.

NEWSFLASH: ANELKA AND ALEX CAN GO

Posted on: Sat 03 Dec 2011

Speaking immediately after the win over Newcastle, Andre Villas-Boasconfirmed that two players who were not in the squad for the game, Nicolas Anelka and Alex, have handed in transfer requests.

The manager said the requests have been accepted so the players will be allowed to leave in January.

'The conversation was fair and direct with the players,' Villas-Boas said.

'They are top professionals and their professionalism and integrity is never in question but on recent results and form we have decided to try to get the group together and we have decided to assign different training times for them.

'The transfer requests were accepted but it doesn't mean it will happen and if it doesn't happen they will return to full training.'

Copied from Chelseafc.com

Then we surely will buy a CB in the winter. Feel sorry more for Alex than Anelka. I just loved Alex' freekicks.

If they handed in transfer requests it means they are either unhappy or have been informed that there is interest in them. I would safely bet the second. No need to worry as both will leave early in January.

On another note, I know that will sound paranoid but I hope Anelka's leaving won't bring our super-sub closer to a contract extension.

http://www.talksport...quests-accepted

Bye Bye Alex,

Bye bye Anelka.

Hope we aren't stupid about selling Alex to a rival. He would walk into anyone the other teams as a starter. By that i mean Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs. If he went Arsenal imagine they would have a better centre back pairing than us!