WHS Inside Source - 2 Players Leaving in January

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 players are definitely leaving in January....

They have been kept away from everyone else during training. They are being completely secluded from the other players and even have to park away from them.

The 2 players in question you ask............

Not much of a surprise but Nicholas Anelka

And

Alex

So, that means we're going to buy a striker again?

Did anyone expect?!^^

I hope we don't sign Cahill, we need CB's with pace and Cahill is not that.

Agreed. Only 2 players like that I'd take, Subotic and Hummels.

Hummels is an absolute animal, great personality too. So many great games. Here's a video to show he can compete with a top EPL Striker - that scum Suarez. Not even a great game by his standard. A Truly gifted defender that can cast the best strikers into anonymity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDhI3p963UA

We're not going to get either. (Why would Dortmund sell anyway?)

Cahill is not bad, and i would surely have no probs if we got him.

It's not that I' have a problem, but I'd rather we go for Hummels. Hummels is quality with world-class talent and potential. I don't think I can say the same for Cahill. Indeed he would be a handy buy and great for £8 million (or what ever the price is purported to be) but I'd rather we go for Hummels who is 3 years Cahill's younger even if we end up forking out double the money. Money can talk.

It's not that I' have a problem, but I'd rather we go for Hummels. Hummels is quality with world-class talent and potential. I don't think I can say the same for Cahill. Indeed he would be a handy buy and great for £8 million (or what ever the price is purported to be) but I'd rather we go for Hummels who is 3 years Cahill's younger even if we end up forking out double the money. Money can talk.

I get your point, but imo Hummels (or Subotic) is an unrealistic target. I don't see why Dortmund will sell him?

We're not going to get either. (Why would Dortmund sell anyway?)

Cahill is not bad, and i would surely have no probs if we got him.

Exactly he is average, might make a good sub if a main defender gets injured, but he is by no means, in my opinion, good enough to be a regular CB at a club that has tittle and CL ambitions.

Besides, everyone is so hyped about him that we would have to pay more for him than we would for a world-class defender like Hummels.

I get your point, but imo Hummels (or Subotic) is an unrealistic target. I don't see why Dortmund will sell him?

Players grow faster than clubs, and it their can be any given moment when Hummels and co. follow Sahin's step to leave Dortmund. Success is proportionate to these chances most of the time, but it wasn't the case with Sahin. If it's based on success theirs not much of a chance in the Jan window, seeing that they are top, but money can tempt any player. I'd like to think that they would be tempted by our prestige too, even though we are on a bad run of form. Really it can be in January, summer or in 1 year - who knows, but we must pursue defenders with that caliber of skill.

Cahill is in the last year of his contract, there is no way he will cost more than Hummels.

Hummels like you said is World-class, and Dortmund will be stupid to sell him for anything less than 30m (Luiz went for 25m ffs)

As far as I'm concerned, if we can buy Hummels for 30m right now I'd be more than happy. He's 2 years younger than Luiz, but defensively is a little more astute. Imagine yielding the likes off Courtios (GK), Bertrand, Van Aanholt, Hummels, Luiz, Chalobah and Bruma in the future!

Exactly he is average, might make a good sub if a main defender gets injured, but he is by no means, in my opinion, good enough to be a regular CB at a club that has tittle and CL ambitions.

Besides, everyone is so hyped about him that we would have to pay more for him than we would for a world-class defender like Hummels.

Like Peace. said.. He'd be a good fill-in till we can see someone from the crop of Kalas, Chalboah et al. can come through. Cahill's 26, last year of his contract. £8million is fair, considering the English-inflation.

Like Peace. said.. He'd be a good fill-in till we can see someone from the crop of Kalas, Chalboah et al. can come through. Cahill's 26, last year of his contract. £8million is fair, considering the English-inflation.

Maybe for 8m. But personally I'd take Michael Dawson over him any day. Yes he is 2 years older than Cahil (just turned 28) but he is, in my opinion, much more solid and very consistent.

Maybe for 8m. But personally I'd take Michael Dawson over him any day. Yes he is 2 years older than Cahil (just turned 28) but he is, in my opinion, much more solid and very consistent.

Good shout, but Tottenham would never sell him to us. Not cheap anyway, they'd ask for £50million knowing Levy (#FreeLuka).

d6b61402-567a-442f-861e-cac6a415cfc9.634570508893027500.jpg

I had a sneaking suspicion Alex was a cunt, just general body language and such..

I wouldn't call him a cunt, but yeah, he looks very disinterested this year and his body language is terrible...

Anelka's leaving..no doubt about it,...I will miss the variety he can bring to our play, but on a plus side his departure will create an opening for someone younger....

The only 2 people I trust on twitter have said themselves cahil is either ours or extremly close, if this is the case its definitely bye bye Alex. As for anelka, if we pick up de bruyne surely one of anelka malouda or kalou will be out. This is what is expected to happen in January at least. The interesting thing now is if we can/will pick up a third signing in january which would be a marquee signing .