Chelsea 3-0 Wolves

BlueLion.

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the last 13 minutes Torres looked much sharper than Drogba has looked in the last three games.

Meh..its easier to look good when you're a sub...Not taking anything away from Fernando though..hope he can show his worth and win his place back

In the last 13 minutes Torres looked much sharper than Drogba has looked in the last three games.

He did?

I disagree completely. Though I do think Torres should start ahead of Drogba for the next game, this was simply not true ^

Meh..its easier to look good when you're a sub...Not taking anything away from Fernando though..hope he can show his worth and win his place back

Its more difficult to look good if you are a sub in the last 12-13 mins. He showed passion, something that Drogba is lacking. The fact that the Bridge was chanting Torres's name inspite of a Legend playing in his role, speaks volumes of how poor Drogba has been.

Glad to wake up and see a convincing scoreline, although no goals in the second half is a shame. Also nice to see Romeu and Ramires together, they have a big say in our next 5-6 seasons. Lampard was great after being benched last time and again, we've won without him and gave him a rest. Torres needed to play but i think Drogba maybe deserves a little run too to get him back to full sharpness. I reckon AVB did a good job yesterday.

Torres and Lampard were rested for Liverpool. We're gonna fucking go for them on Tuesday!

Look, I support Torres as much as the next guy, and I hope he continues fighting well for his place this season, but to think he's going to be our man for "years to come"? That's ridiculous...Considering how long his previous slump in form lasted, there's every chance he can go into a downward spiral again and God knows how long he'll take to get out of that one...And I doubt he'll be as good a striker at 32 as Drogba was...

The man who we're grooming for years to come is a certain Daniel Sturridge...Drogba and Torres are merely the supporting act, and right now the Ivorian is doing a pretty decent job...After these two "main" men hang up their boots, the role will maybe go to Lukaku (if he's good enough) or someone else...

I have never been the biggest torres fan. So don't get me wrong I would rather have danny as our main man anyday of the week. He is English and young and as long as he is matured the right way he will be a fantastic asset to this club. Though what my original post was about was the fact he said only white fans gave torres the suppoet after being shite for ages. I'm a white fan and my favourte players over the few years had been jimmy drogba and essien. And now Mata and danny. So skin colour does no matter.

Why spend 50 mill on a player for one season ?

Its more difficult to look good if you are a sub in the last 12-13 mins. He showed passion, something that Drogba is lacking. The fact that the Bridge was chanting Torres's name inspite of a Legend playing in his role, speaks volumes of how poor Drogba has been.

If you had said that around the time he got carded I would have agreed, but in the last two games he was definitely more involved, and Torres is looking pretty hungry himself which is a good sign (I think you wanted something like this earlier in the season?) ...

the fact that the Bridge was chanting Torres name doesn't concern me in the slightest....Heck they even had a banner ready for Torres before he hardly played a game for Chelsea..that's something Drogba never had in his three title winning seasons with the club..

Anyways, I'm pretty sure the Torres name chant had nothing to do with Drogba really,... they just wanted to see their star striker get at least a few minutes to dazzle them....

Also being a sub has its advantages..If you're experienced enough you'll know how to take advantage of tired legs

Why spend 50 mill on a player for one season ?

Well..not all investments reap rewards...

I'm not saying the Torres transfer is a failure...No he still has time to prove his worth..atm I believe he has lost his starting spot to Didier, and so he'll have to make the most of the minutes he has, namely as a sub or squad player. If he can prove that he's better than Drogba in those opportunities he should be given the starting spot back. Giving the starting 11 spot right now and tossing it back and forth between the two strikers will not be good for either of them, as they both need to settle down to hit, and more crucially, maintain top form.

Danny is more complete but i think Hernandez just edges him out in the finishing department. Danny is an awesome finisher too though.

Far more complete. Hernandez can't do anything else apart from poaching goals, he can't even make a simple pass.

About the Torres chanting, the shed end (where I was sat) started chanting his name when Drogba lost possession, Torres then started to warm up & the chanting got louder, Torres responded with a fist clench to the shed end apparently which roused the chanting to another level, the MH stand responded with some support for Drogs which the shed end again replied to with Torres chants. Both players got rapturous applause with the substitution - fantastic support, its just a pity that TV doesn't pick up on some of the atmosphere at the stadium.

As for the game, it was great to see the players celebrate together after each goal - clearly shows there is no lack of unity amongst the squad & all talk of player unrest from the media looks total fabrication.

Mata & Sturridge quite rightly deserve plaudits but for me Romeu was quite simply magnificent! His performance has gone under the radar a little because of Mata & Sturridge but I cannot remember him losing possession, i was surprised of his physical presence - he's a big lad! He has 2 great feet also which you don't see too often with pro's nowadays. He has massive potential & I see no reason why he cannot go to be something special but its early doors & we must judge him after a season & against better opposition - what a prospect though!

Great to watch us win & let's hope this is a platform to build on especially a clean sheet, won't go overboard with the result as we need to get some consistency in our game, encouraging signs though.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure the Torres name chant had nothing to do with Drogba really,... they just wanted to see their star striker get at least a few minutes to dazzle them....

Yes thats right, the Torres chants were not anti-Drogba as there were songs for him too.

The way I saw it, we were 3-0 up, Drogba had done his bit for the day and we have a £50m striker who needs to start scoring again - so get him on!

Far more complete. Hernandez can't do anything else apart from poaching goals, he can't even make a simple pass.

Neither of them can play upfront on their own but they are both severely lethal in the penalty area. I don't think it really matters if Hernandez can not do much else purely because of the way united like to play the game with 2 wingers providing service. I think it would be very interesting to compare the 2 if Sturridge was allowed to play alongside another forward because Sturrridge is playing out wide and he is free scoring.

He did?

I disagree completely. Though I do think Torres should start ahead of Drogba for the next game, this was simply not true ^

We all can discuss from here to eternal Drogba or Torres?, but thats not the point - they cant play together and keep benching

one of them doesnt help the other, it simply dont make them better rather hurting big egos. They both has to play alone in the

front, thats why our owner doesnt know jack shit about football, if he bought Torres to keep Drogba!.