Chelsea 3-0 Wolves

BlueLion.

Don't really see what Drogba did too wrong today. Didn't like the way people were singing Torres' name and 'We want Torres' while Drogba was on the pitch. It was quite disrespectful considering Drogba was really trying hard. People in the Shed Upper were criticising everything Drogba was doing and when Torres came on and was not much better at all everyone was applauding his every move.

What has Torres done in the past few games which Drogba has not to warrant the fan's backing?

He's white like them.

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's white like them.

Bit unfair. I love drogba and I'm white. The reason people want torres to play is because drogba is 34. He is not going to be here much longer. If were going to keep torres surely he must play so we can get him used to the system for years to come?

He's white like them.

I don't get what you are saying? Are you implying that Chelsea fans don't like Drogba because he is black and like Torres because he is white? If you are I feel quite offended to be honest because I think you will find that 99.99% of Chelsea fans do not judge people by their skin colour and you are using something as trivial as skin pigment as an excuse for Drogba being hated by some white people.

I don't get what you are saying? Are you implying that Chelsea fans don't like Drogba because he is black and like Torres because he is white?

No.... I am saying that Torres is getting a shit load of support for being dog shit when Drogba was abused to death during his first season despite playing much better for the team then what Torres is now. We do have horrible people as supporters, Avram Grant will be able to tell you about all the songs about the gas chambers and Auschwitz.

No.... I am saying that Torres is getting a shit load of support for being dog shit when Drogba was abused to death during his first season despite playing much better for the team then what Torres is now. We do have horrible people as supporters, Avram Grant will be able to tell you about all the songs about the gas chambers and Auschwitz.

And I think you will find that the people singing horrible things like that are in the extreme minority.

When you say I am saying that Torres is getting a shit load of support for being dog shit when Drogba was abused to death during his first season despite playing much better for the team then what Torres is now

then why do you say that Torres is getting support for the colour of his skin?

I don't know whether or not Torres should've started today's match, but I do believe that AVB probably knows better than every one here. Why can't we ever support the manager's decision even when it works very well?

Conversely, we can ask if the manager was right if his lineup and tactics resulted in 3 points out of 9 for the last 3 games and being on the brink of CL elimination. Is that acceptable for Chelsea?

Today was a very good win, but from last Sunday to today, I think it's fair ask questions of AVB.

And I think you will find that the people singing horrible things like that are in the extreme minority.

When you say I am saying that Torres is getting a shit load of support for being dog shit when Drogba was abused to death during his first season despite playing much better for the team then what Torres is now

then why do you say that Torres is getting support for the colour of his skin?

I just think its funny how Sheva and Torres get a lot more time to settle in then what Droggers got. I remember when i went to Middlesbrough v Chelsea in 2004 it was like Drogba's 5th game and he lost the ball and a huge amount of fans stood up in our away end and started to chant '' what a waste of money''. He ended up scoring the winner near the end of the game, they are not like that with Torres though.

I just think its funny how Sheva and Torres get a lot more time to settle in then what Droggers got. I remember when i went to Middlesbrough v Chelsea in 2004 it was like Drogba's 5th game and he lost the ball and a huge amount of fans stood up in our away end and started to chant '' what a waste of money''. He ended up scoring the winner near the end of the game, they are not like that with Torres though.

and you are putting that down to skin colour?

That's why Sturridge suddenly became nothing more then a ''Monkey'' to one of our supporters because of the JT incident. Do you a favor mate, go ask ''we hate scouse'' what the majority according to him of the Chelsea fans sung about blacks at the away game to Genk. He was at the game and some of his friends we're joining in according to him.

That's why Sturridge suddenly became nothing more then a ''Monkey'' to one of our supporters because of the JT incident. Do you a favor mate, go ask ''we hate scouse'' what the majority according to him of the Chelsea fans sung about blacks at the away game to Genk. He was at the game and some of his friends we're joining in according to him.

What the hell are you on about? Are you using your skin colour to look for sympathy because according to you Chelsea fans are racists? Although a few hundred fans were singing racist abuse does that make the 42 000 fans at home matches racist?

Conversely, we can ask if the manager was right if his lineup and tactics resulted in 3 points out of 9 for the last 3 games and being on the brink of CL elimination. Is that acceptable for Chelsea?

Today was a very good win, but from last Sunday to today, I think it's fair ask questions of AVB.

I'm all for criticism as long as it is constructive. The message that I was attempting to deliver, is that the Torres vs Drogba war has gone on, now it seems, for ever and has proven to absolutely pointless since the matter of who is better is far from factual. Every fan has his opinion on the subject and no one is convincing anyone to change his opinion.

Why don't we aim our criticism towards a more positive direction.

Bit unfair. I love drogba and I'm white. The reason people want torres to play is because drogba is 34. He is not going to be here much longer. If were going to keep torres surely he must play so we can get him used to the system for years to come?

Look, I support Torres as much as the next guy, and I hope he continues fighting well for his place this season, but to think he's going to be our man for "years to come"? That's ridiculous...Considering how long his previous slump in form lasted, there's every chance he can go into a downward spiral again and God knows how long he'll take to get out of that one...And I doubt he'll be as good a striker at 32 as Drogba was...

The man who we're grooming for years to come is a certain Daniel Sturridge...Drogba and Torres are merely the supporting act, and right now the Ivorian is doing a pretty decent job...After these two "main" men hang up their boots, the role will maybe go to Lukaku (if he's good enough) or someone else...

Look, I support Torres as much as the next guy, and I hope he continues fighting well for his place this season, but to think he's going to be our man for "years to come"? That's ridiculous...Considering how long his previous slump in form lasted, there's every chance he can go into a downward spiral again and God knows how long he'll take to get out of that one...And I doubt he'll be as good a striker at 32 as Drogba was...

The man who we're grooming for years to come is a certain Daniel Sturridge...Drogba and Torres are merely the supporting act, and right now the Ivorian is doing a pretty decent job...After these two "main" men hang up their boots, the role will maybe go to Lukaku (if he's good enough) or someone else...

Good positive thinking

Torres does have a bit more support then he deserves, but he came to us saying he went to a bigger club from Liverpool, he is such a good guy and he was once the best striker in the world. Support he receives has nothing to do with his skin color :doh: