Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool

BlueLion.

I can't wait til January. I usually hate silly season, but we really need fresh blood.

I'd rather stick with this lot till the end of the season, play to our strengths in the meantime. The thought of another couple of panic buys in Jan frightens me. Papering over cracks and all that shit.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet again he changed the team about and it simply is doing us no favours. He had a full pre-season and now has had plenty of games to decide on his best line up. We have lost all four big games and TBH I can't see us winning one game against any of our main rivals for the top 4 under the current system and players he is using.

On the positive -this and the arse game could quite have easily gone either way.

..and enjoyed being in the East Stand for god knows how long since the last time -really good atmosphere, and most were stood up for nearly all the game.

Liverpool fans up to their usual standards spitting on people in the Fulham Road ,and punched a young student lad :no:

More knee-jerk reactions I see. I point to the quote in my signature, and I'll be back in a few days when you've all calmed down.

Not at all surprised with the result, and again this was one of those games. Didn't deserve to lose but a victory was hardly warranted from that first half performance especially. Terry is now a liability, Alex and Luiz should be our centre-back pairing.

I don't know if it has already been noticed but I was extremely pleased with Ramires calm and ability to elimine his opponent before distributing. Exactly like Romeu does, both don't necessarly need to run with the ball on a short distance to put their opponent away.

It's an evolution in the game of Ramires that I find very interesting

I actually noticed that too, he hardly gave the ball away which was good.

There was a lot of flapping going on yesterday so didn't bother saying too much then. Yesterday was a bad result for all of us, noobe wants to get beaten by that horrible shower of cunts. But let's have it right here, this is not the end of the world, its not even the end of our season! Yes avb needs to address some issues but for gods sake lets not condemn him to the dole que just yet. Avb wasn't my choice for manager, I wanted guus,but avb is here with a reputation as one of the most promising young managers in football and we paid a large amount of money to get him. We NEED to give this fella a fair go of it, to put his own stamp on HIS own team. Personally I think he should have made wholesale changes in the summer but I'm not a manager and don't profess to know the inner workings of a squad of pro's. We all waxed lyrical about how this season could be one of transition and how we might have to suck up another trophy free year because of that but it seems for a lot of people that the theory is easier to accept than the practice. Noone can honestly say they are happy with the defeats, but i at least can live with it if it gains us something resembling stability at our club because i honestly believe its whats needed. Avb is an attack minded manager who favours attacking and I for one want to see what he can do if allowed to sign his choice of players and given the time to work with them. KTBFFH

More knee-jerk reactions I see. I point to the quote in my signature, and I'll be back in a few days when you've all calmed down.

Not at all surprised with the result, and again this was one of those games. Didn't deserve to lose but a victory was hardly warranted from that first half performance especially. Terry is now a liability, Alex and Luiz should be our centre-back pairing.

Terry was clearly not fully focused in this game. Might be fair to drop him in favor of Alex till he regains his composure, but will AVB drop his captain especially under the glare of the media? It worked for Lampard though, so never say never...

You have to be there mate. Microphones are selective as well, eg did they pick up ''Speak Fuckin English !!'' resounding round the ground ?

Not disputing that ...

The commentators kept going on about how they could 'hear a pin drop' etc, had to watch on mute once their anti-Chelsea rhetoric reached nauseous proportions.

Not disputing that ...

The commentators kept going on about how they could 'hear a pin drop' etc, had to watch on mute once their anti-Chelsea rhetoric reached nauseous proportions.

Agree, the commentary was so ridiculously biased. Old Toilet and Anfield get just as quiet on matchdays if their team isn't winning. And don't even get me started on the Emirates

Wish there was a way to simply remove the commentary and just watch with the other sounds. I get really sick and tired of the commentary most of the time but just can't watch it on mute... too weird

What AVB should do against Wolves:

Cech

Ivanovic, Luiz, Alex, Bertrand

McEachran, Romeu, Meireles

Sturridge, Torres, Mata

This midfield should be given a go. Lampard + Ramires there is just no creativity at all. Drop Terry and A.Cole. This team is more than good enough to beat Wolves at home

McEachran, Meireles and Bertrand will show much more hunger than the shit we saw in the first half yesterday

Won't happen but I can hope

Cech

Sturridge, Torres, Mata

This midfield should be given a go. Lampard + Ramires there is just no creativity at all. Drop Terry and A.Cole. This team is more than good enough to beat Wolves at home

McEachran, Meireles and Bertrand will show much more hunger than the shit we saw in the first half yesterday

McEachran is not getting minutes this campaign even though i wanted him too because he is actually creative. That does look a good side though on paper !

Cech

Sturridge, Torres, Mata

That is actually a great formation, but AVB will hardly change the squad now in the PL with the huge pressure we are under. On the other hand, I would really like to see that squad play the Leverkusen match.

first half was absolutely hopeless and second half was no better. jt was slow, mid was non existent and cole was mind numbingly pathetic. the fact that malouda was the best player for chelsea on the pitch (and he was no good) shows how we played. bertrand should be given more time so should be romeu. if we are going to concede just fucking soft goals (1st goal against manu, 4th against arsenal and 1st today), we might as well give mceachran , bertrand , lukaku , sturridge and romeu a chance. atleast they will play with a little fire and passion wen a goal stupid goal down than these 11 players(maybe not iva). just sad by the performance. winning and losing is a part of the game but just fuckin givin up is definitely not. anyways this loss pretty much ends any hopes of the title so i think we should go all out in the carling cup. and by all out i mean giving these guys(youngsters) plus the players who actually give a crap about chelsea, a chance. i hope we dont lose 3 consecutive home games to liverpool. i might as well stop watchin football.

Not disputing that ...

Thats the trouble with watching on TV -you get an editors take on things, with sound distorted for their banal ramblings.

Like all the games against the dippers it had a great vibe and atmosphere actually in the ground.